Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Club (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Shot a +4 and then -8 at Little Brook. How are you guys getting so much more distance?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Shot a +4 and then -8 at Little Brook. How are you guys getting so much more distance?
    The patch has obviously changed the tempo of the swing. I was taking my normal, full, smooth swings and like yourself, hitting 90% on drives and approach shots. You really have to flick the analog stick down and up to hit it 100%. I can see the logic behind this in creating more difficulty on approach shots (a 5-10% difference is going to lengthen more putts and missed greens) but it does not feel right to me. It's almost like you have to factor in that most shots will be 90 to 95% and constantly overclub. That is not really accomplishing anything, just adding more math. You should not have to slam the the stick to get 100%. If anything someone who does this should be considered a 100+ swing with lower accuracy.

People are running into the same issue on the official forums, hopefully it goes back to the way it was. According to some this happened on a previous patch where it was screwing up shot distances and worked it's way back to normal.

Apparently it is something they were trying to do with the swing.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/inde...topic=11944.15

Anthony Kyne HB
    Administrator

Re: 94 is the new 100

We're reviewing at the moment, I'm concerned that nevada isn't able to get it as his techniques were pretty good. Give us until lunch time tomorrow and we'll decide what to do. We can change it on the server so it'll be an instant fix
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-23-2015 at 04:29 AM.

I noticed that as well lastnight. Took the longest to figure out how to get 100% or close to it for the longest as I hadn't hit a full power shot in over 50+ swings. Finally my last round before I went to bed I was starting to hit full power shots.

BD is right you have to flick the analog stick down quickly. Of course on Hard swing difficulty this can result in a higher chance of a slice. I can tell in the down swing if it will be 100% or not because my guy's tempo seems to slow down.

On another note here are two shots from my rounds at Magnolia National on #16. I've always loved the way the green sloped on this one for Sunday's pin placement. My scores weren't that great however.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    The patch has obviously changed the tempo of the swing. I was taking my normal, full, smooth swings and like yourself, hitting 90% on drives and approach shots. You really have to flick the analog stick down and up to hit it 100%. I can see the logic behind this in creating more difficulty on approach shots (a 5-10% difference is going to lengthen more putts and missed greens) but it does not feel right to me. It's almost like you have to factor in that most shots will be 90 to 95% and constantly overclub. That is not really accomplishing anything, just adding more math. You should not have to slam the the stick to get 100%. If anything someone who does this should be considered a 100+ swing with lower accuracy.

People are running into the same issue on the official forums, hopefully it goes back to the way it was. According to some this happened on a previous patch where it was screwing up shot distances and worked it's way back to normal.

Apparently it is something they were trying to do with the swing.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/inde...topic=11944.15

Anthony Kyne HB
    Administrator

Re: 94 is the new 100

We're reviewing at the moment, I'm concerned that nevada isn't able to get it as his techniques were pretty good. Give us until lunch time tomorrow and we'll decide what to do. We can change it on the server so it'll be an instant fix
    Thanks...that's what I did in round two, and as you can see it was a major improvement I'll just overclub.
    The dude abides.

I have to say the more I use the intended swing the more I like it. Still think 100% should be toned down a wee bit on the downswing and a 100%+ (true risk/reward shot) should be considered. Players do over-swing in real life. It does make me think before every shot, especially approach shots. Plus there is the bright side that I can dial up a 90% swing on demand with my regular tempo.

Leave it and continue to fine tune it, is my gut feeling now.

I do as well BD. I've been playing alot of rounds past 3 days and getting more use to it and enjoying it.

I played a few rounds yesterday (first time in a long while) and I kind of like the rare 100% power shots. I was typically getting in the low 90s as well which seems more sim as noone ever gets 100% all of every shot they make and it adds a little more challenge to distance.

http://thegolfclubgame.com/2015/07/3...ate-quest-100/

They are going to go back a bit to make 100% require less thrust on the downswing. I agree that they need to make all the versions play the same. Still wish they had a higher% swing that produced a greater risk/reward. That is the three clicker in me that has always loved the option to overswing a shot and deal the with consequences of a missed third click.

If I end up getting Rory, I might just stick to playing that with a 3 click swing exclusively. It also helps to negate my displeasure of the analog putting setup in RMPGA.

Yeah there should be a higher risk reward for trying smash a shot or fully hit the ball.

I think that is where the Hard driving difficulty comes into play. Whenever I tried to absolutely hit 100% I'd have the ball slice usually. But when I focused on hitting a solid drive over power...the drive was perfect.

That was especially important when the change was made.

Ready for another tour. Game has improved since our first one. Only had a few rounds prior.

I've played much more than that since. Getting the swing down

I am really to start a new one. Checked the leaderboards and we are the only two people to finish the first.

SC had an issue that tossed out his final scores. JB hasn't finished dont believe

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    SC had an issue that tossed out his final scores. JB hasn't finished dont believe
    Well, SC wanted to put together a list of courses. So I guess we will wait until he posts here to see where we go next.

Let's start another for practice purposes then SC's can be be the next official one.

Speaking of which we should get a sub forum created to be organize and get a list of who will be playing

Starting to think it is just us.

How many courses/rounds do you want?

How many ever you want. Down for any

CLW plays. JB does when he has time.

Guys I'm going to be busy until after labor day. Skip, I've been asking for a sub forum for this game since launch, good luck with that. BD, if it is only 3 or 4 of us I don't see the point.

Can get us one

Let's get a roll call to see how many. Think it would be more than 4. Don't care if it's only 4 just want to get some rounds in competitively

Well I am going to put a small tour up anyway, even if it is just me and skip.

Tour Name: TGT August 2015 Two guys one cup (should be up 30 minutes after this post)

Going with 5 courses (2 rounds each). A mix of easy and hard.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-03-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Guys I'm going to be busy until after labor day. Skip, I've been asking for a sub forum for this game since launch, good luck with that. BD, if it is only 3 or 4 of us I don't see the point.
    I can live with 3 or 4 but completely understand if you do not wish to continue.