Thread: Coaching Career Mike Butler (NCAA12)

• Facebook
  • Display

Coaching Career Mike Butler (NCAA12)

Hey Guys I am new to this forum. I have been taking in all of your coaching careers threads and getting so many great ideas from all of you. Now I have decided to follow in your footsteps and start my own thread. Unfortunately I am still using '12 but maybe with my new found interest in dynasty mode I will upgrade to '14! (it is after all the final installment) So here goes nothing:

Wyoming Cowboys welcome rookie DC to staff!

New DC Mike Butler will bring much needed toughness and a wining attitude to the new look Wyoming Cowboys staff. "I am excited by the opportunity to help bring a conference championship to the University of Wyoming!" said coach Butler when he was introduced as the newest Cowboy DC by AD Tom Burman on Friday. Although his coaching resume is by no means overwhelming, coach Butler was a dark horse candidate for many coordinator jobs throughout the FBS and FCS level this offseason. He will emphasize recruiting quality players from the NW and Canada as well as transitioning to a traditional 4-3 defence. Coach Butler was quoted as saying he believes the Cowboys have the talent on the current roster to go 4-4 in the conference and put themselves in a position for a bowl bid. He may have his work cut out for him considering their abysmal record in 2010 3-9 (1-7).

Mike Butler's Coaching Career Resume

2010 - DL Assistant Coach ( U of Alberta)
    2009 - HC (Edmonton High School) - City Championship
    2008 - OC (Edmonton High School) - City Championship
    2007 - WR Coach (Edmonton High School) - City Finals
    2003-2006 - RB (Canadian ARMY Football) - 2 Time League ALL-STAR
    1999-2003 - RB (U of Alberta)
    * Actual Resume

Alma Matter
    University of Alberta

Recruiting Influence
    Canada and NW border states. (CAN, ND, MT, ID, WA)

OFFSEASON NEWS
    The University of Wyoming AD announced today two new Home and Home series contracts with Colorado University and ARMY respectively. The change of schedule reflects a need to improve recruiting in the surrounding states as well as across the country. Speaking of the recruiting trail, the Cowboys` coaching staff has been hard at work scouring the NW for the right players to fit the teams new identity. DC Mike Butler also told the Laramie NEWS that the team will be recruiting the state of Wyoming very hard in the coming weeks.

Week One
    FCS Midwest at Wyoming

Pre game analysis: I inherited this week one matchup and decided keep it on the schedule in order to see my roster in action and get a feel for my strengths and weaknesses. I will admit though that playing an FCS team will make it difficult to find most areas for development.

Post game analysis: Well if this game is any indication of my season to come then I will make three predictions. One - I will reach 25 sacks this season. Two - I cannot rely on my offence to win us games. Three - I may have just got my only WIN for the whole season! I barely squeaked out a win against an FCS team AT HOME!

Highlights:
    1 2 3 4 T
    FCS 0 0 7 0 7
    WYo 0 7 3 6 16

FCS tot 1ST=5, tot off=119yd, rsh-yd-td= 17-(-17)-0, comp-att-td=11-27-1, pss yd=136yd, 3rd%=23%

FCS trn ovr=1, RZ%=16%, int=1, sacked=10(yes), tot yd=233yd

RE Thomas Jones lead the defence with 6 total tackles and 5 sacks! SS Tommy Smith had a solid game with 2 tackles and an INT, while OLB Mike Luke had 4 tackles and a forced fumble.

Overall assessment: I am now very nervous about the season. With Colorado up next in my non conference schedule a 1-1 start is a very real possibility, especially with the vaunted rushing attack they possess in NCAA12. I just beat FCS at home by a very slim margin and knowing my offence only scored 16 pts makes me feel like I will need to hold teams to under 10 pts week in week out!