Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation Now - Sony's Streaming Service for PS games

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    [CENSORED] Sony I didn't get one. That's it I'm making a youtube video dropping 1 million F bombs a minute and returning my PS4 and buying an XB1.
    Yeah, that's quite alright, you can stay with Sony. We like our water unpolluted over on the XB1 side of the ocean.

I got one. Considering you need a PS3, it's kind of pointless. I don't care how it works on PS3, I want to see how it works on PS4/Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I got one. Considering you need a PS3, it's kind of pointless. I don't care how it works on PS3, I want to see how it works on PS4/Vita.
    I just want the ps4 to play games I have already bought consistently.

Games Industry Analyst Thinks 'PlayStation Now is a Joke'

'No publisher' will license content less than two years old, says Michael Pachter.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...-now-is-a-joke

Analyst used loosely with Michael Pachter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Analyst used loosely with Michael Pachter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Yeah if memory serves he was the same guy that said PS4 would be $500 minimum. Nevertheless there are doubters out there.

Yeah if memory serves he was the same guy that said PS4 would be $500 minimum. Nevertheless there are doubters out there.
    Pachter is a tool.
    The dude abides.

He has a point. What publisher is going to put a new or semi-new game on a streaming service? As soon as they do that, no one is going to go out and pay $60 for it. Unless Sony is cutting them some huge checks for doing so (and they're not Microsoft, so they don't have that kind of money to throw around), the only games that are going to be on there are the sames games on Plus - 2+ year old games and indie titles.

I don't care either way, PS Now doesn't even remotely interest me other than maybe being able to play PS3 titles on my Vita.

He has a point. What publisher is going to put a new or semi-new game on a streaming service? As soon as they do that, no one is going to go out and pay $60 for it. Unless Sony is cutting them some huge checks for doing so (and they're not Microsoft, so they don't have that kind of money to throw around), the only games that are going to be on there are the sames games on Plus - 2+ year old games and indie titles.

I don't care either way, PS Now doesn't even remotely interest me other than maybe being able to play PS3 titles on my Vita.
    Well none but that's NOT what the service was pitched as. Rather, pitched as play your old PS "classic" games on PS4. Sony will not lose a single TLOU sale if/when they put it up on the service and likely they will gain additional revenue for people who will pay again for the ability to play it on their PS4.

You won't see any new PS3, PS2, PS1 games on the PS4. But apparently that needed to be said b/c some are not intellectually capable of understanding the obvious.

IF I were a publisher with a PS classic I'd jump at the chance to get a royalty to stream say oh I dunno NCAA 05. Then again under IOU's logic EA would lose a ton of sales for all those new copies of NCAA 05 still out in the wild.

IF I were a publisher with a PS classic I'd jump at the chance to get a royalty to stream say oh I dunno NCAA 05. Then again under IOU's logic EA would lose a ton of sales for all those new copies of NCAA 05 still out in the wild.
    Unless Sony is cutting them some huge checks for doing so (and they're not Microsoft, so they don't have that kind of money to throw around), the only games that are going to be on there are the sames games on Plus - 2+ year old games and indie titles.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but would NCAA '05 (you know, a game from 10 years ago) not fall under the 2+ year old game category I was speaking about?

Honestly, if that's what it's going to be, how many people do you think are going to pay probably $50 a year just to be able to stream old games?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would NCAA '05 (you know, a game from 10 years ago) not fall under the 2+ year old game category I was speaking about?

Honestly, if that's what it's going to be, how many people do you think are going to pay probably $50 a year just to be able to stream old games?
    Well this will all be for not in a few years when PS3 games aren't being made anymore. Nevertheless, I suspect games will be at least 1 year old before being available to stream (unless they come up with some sort of rental thing with the option to buy at the end of a 24-48 hour period).

Who would pay for it? Honestly assuming the library is decent I would to be able to go through the old GOW, UC, TLOU, and other classics again (or for the 1st time) on the PS4.

Went to metacritc to look at the all-time highest scores for ps3

GTA iv - 08
    GTA v - 13
    UC2 - 09
    Arkham City - 11
    LBP - 08
    RDR - 10
    TLOU - 13
    Portal 2 - 11
    Bioshock Infinite - 13
    COD MW2 - 09

Out of the Top 10 games of all time other than GTA V I honestly don't think any of those games would lose much if any actual sales from streaming. On the other hand, I'd love to pick up and play RDR as an example (never got far into it), replay the UCs, TLOU, etc....

Moreover, with PS4 now out I hardly think we will be seeing too many PS3 classics now that aren't also on PS4.

My point exactly. If all that's going to be available is games that have been out for a year or two and indie titles, what's the reason to pay for the subscription? Sony needs a compelling reason for the consumer to subscribe to their service, and right now, I don't see it, especially for the price I'm pretty confident they're going to try to charge.

The smart thing would be to get PS3/PS4 games on the service and then get the service on handheld devices with iOS and Android. That's the absolutely only way I see the service ever having success.

Here is a group of people that will/should buy plus 360 only owners that switched to PS4:

So I'm going to pay to stream a game that I formerly owned...???... um...???...??? Or I guess I could just keep playing the games on the PS3... Personally I don't like this concept at all as it seems like it's a 100% cash grab. This is not the type of "loyalty" I would expect from a company I have given a boatload of $$$ over the past decade. It was a classy move when Nintendo made the WiiU backwards compatible. Sony could take a lesson from them in this regard.

I don't mind the rental concept for games, that's fine but a charge for previously owned games simply to stream them seems very silly IMO.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 03-17-2014 at 07:36 PM.

I've said all along that this will never catch on. Stream PS1 games? Niche. Stream PS2 games? Niche. Stream PS3 games? Niche. Potentially stream PS4 games to Vita (a niche device itself) or PS3? Niche.

I just don't see the market for it, especially if they're going to charge that much for it. I'd much rather they spend the time getting dedicated servers setup for their first party titles rather than allowing to stream titles we already own. Online in their exclusive games is always infested with lag.

Just got my voucher code for the beta.
    The dude abides.

PlayStation Now Beta Has 'Rental' System and a Ton of New Games

Looks like you'll be able to rent games for up to a month, though we don't yet know how much it'll cost.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...n-of-new-games

IGN broke the beta agreement

I've been messing around with it for a couple weeks now.
    The dude abides.

I would potentially be interested in this when I get a PS4 and MLB: The Show, however, they're gonna have to do a hell of a lot better on that game list before I'd consider giving them any money for PS Now. There is not a single game on that current list that even remotely interests me.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass.