Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 11 - First Live Tuning Package Available

• Facebook
  • Display

Live Tuning Package #1 Now Out for NCAA Football 11

Last edited by JBHuskers; 08-05-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Q&A that Russ has posted as well:

Q: Will I need to restart my Dynasties for these changes to work?
    A: You do not need to start your Dynasty over, these changes will be applied to all Offline and Online Dynasties after you download the file. Dynasties that are past years 4 and 5 might take a season or two before everything is back on track.

Q: Should I put my existing Dynasties on hold? Or do I just continue playing?
    A: Continue playing the game, like the previous question these changes will work on any current Dynasty.

Q: Are the Live Tuning Packs optional? Can I revert back to the older version if I don’t like the changes?
    A: For Offline game modes if you do not download the file the changes will not be made (or you can delete the file from the File Management screen), however for all Online game modes you will need the changes. Do note that any changes we make are to improve the game.

Q: Will this update fix the high number of injuries or fumbles?
    A: Both are very subjective thing, the data we’ve been tracking does not indicate there is a high amount of either. But we will continue to monitor them. Keep in mind if you’re trying to break out of a lot of tackles your chance to fumble goes up and you can use the Game-Planning options in Play Call to cut down on fumbles.

Q: Will the LTP change my Rosters?
    A: There is no impact on Rosters.

Q: How do LTP’s impact my sliders settings?
    A: None of the changes in Live Tuner Package 1 will change anything with Sliders. You will not have to reset them.

Q: Do LTP’s have different effects on each difficulty level or does everything change?
    A: For the game play changes, yes. But they have been tuned to be in-line with the difficulty of each level.

Q: How will Online Games be impacted – do I need these for Head to Head?
    A: They will automatically be downloaded for every Head to Head game. You do not need to save them.

Q: Does this fix Dynasty Not Available?
    A: We’ve been working on these as quickly as possible (and have fixed a number already). Please keep checking our NCAA 11 Forums for more information.

Looking forward to seeing how well this addresses the issues

Q: Will I need to restart my Dynasties for these changes to work?
    A: You do not need to start your Dynasty over, these changes will be applied to all Offline and Online Dynasties after you download the file. Dynasties that are past years 4 and 5 might take a season or two before everything is back on track.

Q: Should I put my existing Dynasties on hold? Or do I just continue playing?
    A: Continue playing the game, like the previous question these changes will work on any current Dynasty.
    For us offline dynasty players (and OD's I guess), this is great news. I for one am happy with the update. I know it is a disappointment for some, but it's a great start for me. Now I can rest easy knowing I'm not wasting my dynasty time. I'm also going to go ahead and have faith that we won't need to restart dynasties for the next patch or LTP.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how well this addresses the issues
    Quote Originally Posted by sl8b View Post
    For us offline dynasty players (and OD's I guess), this is great news. I for one am happy with the update. I know it is a disappointment for some, but it's a great start for me. Now I can rest easy knowing I'm not wasting my dynasty time. I'm also going to go ahead and have faith that we won't need to restart dynasties for the next patch or LTP.
    Agreed....I'm pretty stoked on these changes.

This is good progress and shows some study to back it up. While the 'homework' can always be subjected to interpretation, this is much better support and customer service than we've seen in the years of past NCAA versions. Kudos on that.

They just flat-out addressed what the community is having problems with. That is good stuff and hopefully can apply to some other items that people have noted.

While I'm happy about the changes, I'm concerned it won't be adequate for kickers. Time will tell.

Fortunately, I'm at home so I can fire up my Dynasty and push forward immediately!

This contains ZERO substantive gameplay fixes, so please save the "awesome customer service" line.

Just to take some of the mystery out of the downloading of tuners, I just fired up the game and was asked (afrter I pressed Start) if I wanted to download it. So, you are prompted and are made aware when a new set is out.

Not EVERYTHING can be fixed on live tuning, that is what a patch is for....I would agree with Austin....this is good "customer service" and a direct result of fixing what the majority of the community is wanting fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Just to take some of the mystery out of the downloading of tuners, I just fired up the game and was asked (afrter I pressed Start) if I wanted to download it. So, you are prompted and are made aware when a new set is out.
    Yep .... you HAVE to do it for any online game mode, you could reject it if you dont' go online and like the tuning the way it is...but I'm not sure why you would want to do that.

Can't help but notice there wasn't 1 team that Improved from their original ranking in the 4 years of data he posted, even after LTP1. They all got worse, just not quite as drastically as before the tuning. I would think that some teams would have to get better. Maybe this is just the case for the teams shown, but it's just something I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    This contains ZERO substantive gameplay fixes, so please save the "awesome customer service" line.
    All Austin said was that the interaction between EA and the community has been far superior to past years. I cannot disagree with that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    All Austin said was that the interaction between EA and the community has been far superior to past years. I cannot disagree with that at all.
    You'd be blind to disagree with that.
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 08-05-2010 at 12:02 PM.

For people such as myself now four years into dynasty these changes will take a long while to work through the teams as pretty much all of the original roster is now graduated. The kickers and awareness will continue to be issues until the patch though. I will be interested to see how these changes impact the game going forward. I suspect for those of you in season 1 or 2 that things will improve much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Can't help but notice there wasn't 1 team that Improved from their original ranking in the 4 years of data he posted, even after LTP1. They all got worse, just not quite as drastically as before the tuning. I would think that some teams would have to get better. Maybe this is just the case for the teams shown, but it's just something I noticed.
    I think that's because by Year 5+ (probably earlier), CPU teams will have more freshman on the roster than they do with the default roster file, bringing down the OVR rating.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I think that's because by Year 5+ (probably earlier), CPU teams will have more freshman on the roster than they do with the default roster file, bringing down the OVR rating.
    I noticed what Kwizzy said too. I hadn't thought about what you're saying, cdj. Very good reasoning.

Russ posted this at OS in regards to the OVR question:

So if you look at the OVR line graphs you'll see that the recruits are still not 100% on par with the default rosters as you get to future years (but still WAY better than what we shipped with). I really didn't want to make too many drastic changes as I feel the top end (in player Overalls) is really good and if I messed with it too much that got broke.

-Russ

I'd be interested in seeing the avg. number of freshman per team in base roster versus future years and also the percentage breakdown of team ratings in base roster.

I'd be interested in seeing the avg. number of freshman per team in base roster versus future years and also the percentage breakdown of team ratings in base roster.
    I really believe your reasoning is correct and may not have been considered by Russ and the other devs. Like I said, good reasoning, brother.

That's why you get paid the big bucks.