Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Forum Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    man I have been soo out of the loop on the site....

When did Ram get banned and why? I figured he was immune from ban because of entertainment purposes...
    Good to see you back. Banned a week ago. Reason, too many to list.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 10-24-2016 at 04:06 AM.

Hey guys, so I'm having an issue when it comes to editing posts. For some reason, when I'm on my laptop, anytime I try to edit a post, it just gives me a blank, empty reply window. None of the text that is already in the post shows up. I've tried it on Firefox, Chrome and even on Microsoft Edge, out of all three browsers, none of them work. However, I can edit posts via Tapatalk on my phone. So I don't get it. I don't know if it's some setting on my laptop or something with Windows 10 or whatever may be causing the issue. I'm gonna jump on and trying editing a post tomorrow at work, since I'm still using a laughably outdated Windows XP desktop PC in the studio I work in (we have some seriously outdated shit in our building, you can tell I Heart Media cares about it's employees! ), and see if that'll work. That way hopefully I can isolate whatever the issue is down to my laptop or something else.

I had an issue one day with that. Right now it seems fine on my tablet without tapatalk. Will test later on my PC.

Edit: Works on my PC. I think it may have been a short term glitch.
    Last edited by Rudy; 07-06-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Tested editing on PC

Well, I can edit posts on the old ass Windows XP PC I'm forced to use at work. But for some reason it doesn't work on my Windows 10 laptop at home.

And it's not a sudden problem, I've been having the issue for at least a month or two now, I just never bothered trying to figure it out since it was easier to just jump on my phone and edit it through Tapatalk.

But now that I'm trying to get my NCAA Football dynasty back underway, not being able to edit posts and do a bunch of stuff with hyperlinks and tables via a web browser is going to be a massive headache. I'm not even about to try and edit a table or create hyperlinks via Tapatalk, screw that!

I did use my work cpu with Windows 10 today and it worked. I wonder if it’s a certain setting on your cpu?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I did use my work cpu with Windows 10 today and it worked. I wonder if it’s a certain setting on your cpu?
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on. Hopefully cdj or one of the guys has a suggestion on things I can try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Alright, so I seem to have whittled the problem down to just specific posts.

I just went into my dynasty thread on Firefox, I can edit regular update posts, I can edit my Top 25 games/polls posts, I can edit my yearly schedule and other stuff. But I can't edit game posts.

Here's one of the game posts as an example: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...l=1#post236624

I have checked other posts, including the ones on the first page of my thread with the dynasty history and statistics, which are loaded with tables, and those even load up alright. So I don't know why it appears that game posts aren't able to be edited, but instead just show up with an empty editing window with nothing from the actual post. The fact that game posts specifically have the issue, but seemingly none of my other posts in that thread, makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Hey guys, so I'm having an issue when it comes to editing posts. For some reason, when I'm on my laptop, anytime I try to edit a post, it just gives me a blank, empty reply window. None of the text that is already in the post shows up. I've tried it on Firefox, Chrome and even on Microsoft Edge, out of all three browsers, none of them work. However, I can edit posts via Tapatalk on my phone. So I don't get it. I don't know if it's some setting on my laptop or something with Windows 10 or whatever may be causing the issue. I'm gonna jump on and trying editing a post tomorrow at work, since I'm still using a laughably outdated Windows XP desktop PC in the studio I work in (we have some seriously outdated shit in our building, you can tell I Heart Media cares about it's employees! ), and see if that'll work. That way hopefully I can isolate whatever the issue is down to my laptop or something else.
    I am aware of this issue as it exists when creating news stories and editing posts. When I first saw it happen I did some digging around to determine the cause but couldn't figure it out but thought if it was only happening to me, I could live with it. However, if it is happening to users too, it needs to be fixed.

For now, I sometimes make a Word doc and paste the longer text/code in it so it is not lost or have to be retyped. I know it is not ideal, but it is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I am aware of this issue as it exists when creating news stories and editing posts. When I first saw it happen I did some digging around to determine the cause but couldn't figure it out but thought if it was only happening to me, I could live with it. However, if it is happening to users too, it needs to be fixed.

For now, I sometimes make a Word doc and paste the longer text/code in it so it is not lost or have to be retyped. I know it is not ideal, but it is better than nothing.
    Yeah, it's just limited to when I make game posts in my dynasty thread. Or at least that appears to be the case. I was able to edit other non-game posts in the thread yesterday, and I had no problem making edits to my "live posts" during the E3 conferences. I didn't know if it was just an issue with settings on my laptop or browser or if it was happening to others, so figured I'd make a mention of it here.

And yeah, thankfully I type all of my game posts in Word before transferring them over into a new post on here. I made the mistake of hitting the wrong button once when I used to type my game posts directly into a new post window and lost everything I had typed.

Now I use a Word document and each game story is "saved" until I start typing the story for my next played game. I copied the raw text from a previous game post and have all the raw code for tables and everything already in it and basically just have to copy and paste the entire thing and post it.

And for now, any mistake or edits needed, I at least have Tapatalk that I can use to get into the post and fix anything that needs corrected, so it's not an entirely forum breaking issue for me. Just wanted to try and figure out if it was a problem on my end or on the forum end.

Thanks for the reply cdj!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FYI - some sections of the forums are "jumbling" up when I attempt to view them - others are not.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    FYI - some sections of the forums are "jumbling" up when I attempt to view them - others are not.
    On Tapatalk or CPU?

On Tapatalk or CPU?
    PC chrome browser

On Tapatalk or CPU?
    PC chrome browser

The website has been really slow and unresponsive lately. I've had issues the last couple weeks. Anyone else?

The website has been really slow and unresponsive lately. I've had issues the last couple weeks. Anyone else?
    On my laptop at home, I usually don't have any issues. But on Chrome at work and on Tapatalk on my phone, it is really slow to load and update.

Running smooth today but I was having load problems the last few times I was on the site.