Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Streaming Information & Request Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    no soccer pinball no peace
    I think that was a teaser. I'm going to look in the store now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    Pretty cool that the activity stream adds a link to this broadcast.
    Yeah ... very!
    The dude abides.

Soccer table is not available. I was going to set up a competing stream if it was.

Interesting that the IGN Podcast Beyond today discussed the PS4 camera being hard to find. Who knew. I should have sold that bad boy on Ebay before setting it up.

Interesting that the IGN Podcast Beyond today discussed the PS4 camera being hard to find. Who knew. I should have sold that bad boy on Ebay before setting it up.
    I told you. The popular opinion is that Sony didn't think it would do very well and didn't manufacture very many. Now they're virtually impossible to find. USED ones are going for around $100 on eBay, factory sealed new ones for $150+. Absolutely ridiculous considering it hardly does anything.

Assuming you still have the box and everything is in good shape, you'd have no problem getting $100 for it, even used.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I told you. The popular opinion is that Sony didn't think it would do very well and didn't manufacture very many. Now they're virtually impossible to find. USED ones are going for around $100 on eBay, factory sealed new ones for $150+. Absolutely ridiculous considering it hardly does anything.

Assuming you still have the box and everything is in good shape, you'd have no problem getting $100 for it, even used.
    Box is gone. I'll just keep it I suppose.

I'll be streaming NBA Live 14 post-patch tonight around 5:30 central.

www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers
    The dude abides.

As soon as it is done with the updates, I'll be playing some post-patch NBA Live 14. I'm streaming now so you wanna watch the % go up, feel free

www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers
    The dude abides.

So I am having problems watching anyone's Twitch stream. It's nothing but a lag/stutter fest. Anyone know if thats a common issue? I've read that there are allegations of throttling Twitch by ISPs but who knows if thats true or its just a case of problems with watching a live stream.

Here are my ping test and speed test results

Last edited by CLW; 03-01-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Do a speed test on your PS4 under the network settings. I have a connection similar to yours and my PS4 was using like 1/5 of the capable speed.

Nonetheless, Twitch quality on PS4 is pretty awful, so I'm not sure why it's stuttering, regardless of your connection. Are you sure it's not on the broadcaster's end?

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Do a speed test on your PS4 under the network settings. I have a connection similar to yours and my PS4 was using like 1/5 of the capable speed.

Nonetheless, Twitch quality on PS4 is pretty awful, so I'm not sure why it's stuttering, regardless of your connection. Are you sure it's not on the broadcaster's end?
    I'm not watching any Twitch streams through the PS4 just my PC. I've tried multiple broadcasters at various times of the day and they are all pretty much the same 10 seconds fine then freeze for 30 seconds rinse repeat.

Snoop and I are going to face off in his OD here shortly....

www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers
    The dude abides.

Well I've given up on watching twitch. I've tried at least 30 diff channels now and all of them is the same thing. Plays for a few seconds freezes/loads for 10-15 seconds then jumps to whatever is live rinse/repeat. The more I read up on it it seems like ATT Uverse (My ISP) and Twitch have been fighting about them paying ATT more $ so Uverse people get a crappy connection when trying to connect to their site.

Well I've given up on watching twitch. I've tried at least 30 diff channels now and all of them is the same thing. Plays for a few seconds freezes/loads for 10-15 seconds then jumps to whatever is live rinse/repeat. The more I read up on it it seems like ATT Uverse (My ISP) and Twitch have been fighting about them paying ATT more $ so Uverse people get a crappy connection when trying to connect to their site.
    I live in Houston and I have Uverse. I watched an entire game of NCAA between snoop and JB just a few days ago with no issues whatsoever.

Well, looks like my hopes of doing some Twitch streaming, now that Twitch broadcasting is available on the Xbox One, are going to bite the dust not even 24 hours after it become available. Even though I'm paying for a good, decently fast connection, both tests on my laptop and on the Xbox One itself, I'm only pulling down 15.60 Mbps D/1.26 Mbps U with a 30-90 ms ping.

Call of Duty: Ghosts is an absolute laggy mess and even Madden 25 has been really laggy in the test broadcasts that I've recorded. Either it's the same deal with CLW/AT&T U and Time Warner is throttling speeds when connecting with Twitch, or I'm paying for much higher D/U speeds and not getting jackshit in return from Time Warner. Either way, unless something magically clears up or I find a new provider that actually gives good speeds, looks like no Twitch broadcasting for me for the time being.

I don't know about the Xbox specifically but you should be able to stream at least at low settings. I was able to stream a nice, clean 480p when I had 1mbps up. I had my settings to use 500kbps so that I could play online with the other 500... Didn't really have any issues.

Does the stream get laggy even when you're playing offline?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I don't know about the Xbox specifically but you should be able to stream at least at low settings. I was able to stream a nice, clean 480p when I had 1mbps up. I had my settings to use 500kbps so that I could play online with the other 500... Didn't really have any issues.

Does the stream get laggy even when you're playing offline?
    Yeah, I played Madden 25 in just a regular Play Now game, and it was still lagging up.

Looking at the settings, 800kbps is the setting for Low. When I get a new recommended speed, it is usually somewhere between 850 and 905kbps, but if I go with the recommended setting, the recorded video ends up with a bunch of lag. I wait until I finish streaming a test broadcast and go offline, then go look at the video so I'm not taxing my connection. But even when Xbox One/Twitch are the only things using the internet, it still lags up something fierce.

Here's a video I just recorded a couple minutes ago, using the bare minimum Low setting available offered by the Twitch app of 800kbps.

http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1/b/510096662

I just pulled up network stats again on my One, showing now 15.68Mbps down/1.27Mbps up, with a 92 ms ping. 0% down packet loss, 2% up packet loss.

It's the ping/packet loss... you really shouldn't have any packet loss. Essentially that's saying some of the information that's being sent back & forth never arrives and has to be resent. For normal browsing, you may never notice but for streaming anything, you'd get sudden pixelation like seen in your video.

I'd contact your internet provider and ask them to run a test on your line. There's a good chance that there's either something wrong with your modem or the wiring to your modem. Since I think you have cable, one possible explanation is that the splitters you have coming into your house aren't set so that your cable modem outlet is the strongest option... that would just depend on how the installer configured it.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It's the ping/packet loss... you really shouldn't have any packet loss. Essentially that's saying some of the information that's being sent back & forth never arrives and has to be resent. For normal browsing, you may never notice but for streaming anything, you'd get sudden pixelation like seen in your video.

I'd contact your internet provider and ask them to run a test on your line. There's a good chance that there's either something wrong with your modem or the wiring to your modem. Since I think you have cable, one possible explanation is that the splitters you have coming into your house aren't set so that your cable modem outlet is the strongest option... that would just depend on how the installer configured it.
    Damn. Alright, well at least I may be on the right track to get things sorted out and potentially be able to do some streaming down the road. And yeah, it's a cable modem, Time Warner Cable for TV with Roadrunner for internet. If I remember right, I think I have the 30/10 speed package, clearly not getting anywhere near those. Sure, those are supposed to be the max that you're paying for, not what you're likely to actually see in reality, but if paying for 30/10, I'd hope I'd at least see something like 20/5 or something.

Yeah, if you're paying for 30/10, you definitely have problems somewhere.