Thread: The Coaching Career of Rusty Reid

• Facebook
  • Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Coaching Career of Rusty Reid

Being a dedicated late adopter, it's fitting that I start this dynasty when there's only one dynasty on the list that's been updated in the past 2 weeks. That's just how I roll. I've got no plans to buy the Xbox One or PS4 anytime soon, looking for a steep decrease in prices before that happens. As it relates to NCAA Football, I'm somewhat of an old veteran but not with this game. I've got a lot to learn, literally just purchased it yesterday.

I was the commissioner of the now-defunct Tradition Football league on Tradition Sports Online for a number of years. At some point, I started to get worn down by all the user games specifically. The scheduling, which always seemed to be around dinner time, was probably the key factor in me finally giving it up. I also have a 1-hour commute each way for my job, which for most responsible "grown ups" would be the time they're using to play video games in the first place. The last nail in the coffin was my job itself, where I sometimes work 30-40 hour per week but other times become extremely busy and just live at the office for a couple weeks in a row. It's disappointing to put all the camaraderie and the challenge of user games behind me but it's what I had to do.

Before I was an online dynasty fanatic, I was part of the group at a site called The Thinking Man's Guide to Madden where myself and a few other people were writing some of the first dynasties that I ever remember reading, back in 1996-1998. Maybe the dynasty reporting phenomenon was invented somewhere else, I don't know, but I might be more of a dynasty reporter than an online guy. I like losing games, I like a story line, and I will limit myself accordingly where possible.

I'm putting this here only to keep track of my own progress, and expect it to be in a relatively free-flowing style. The setup of this dynasty is that my friend is controlling the dynasty and is playing as Western Kentucky. I've selected Idaho as my starting point (Head Coach). I was going to be a coordinator, but IIRC it can be a lot more difficult to merge into a head coaching position from a coordinator spot. If I'm wrong... Oh well.
    Last edited by Hellisan; 11-30-2013 at 04:03 PM.