Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's FIFA 14 (PS3) Career Mode Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

steelerfan's FIFA 14 (PS3) Career Mode Thread

I decided to go ahead and get this rolling and I'll work on sliders as I go. I'm starting off at Houston Dynamo as Manager Dominic Kinnear. I am using Orion's sliders (current gen) from OS to start out. I have made 2 changes to Orion's setup: I will be playing on World Class and I have lowered User Pass Error from 51 to 45.

I'm going to play my preseason friendlys in season 1 (2013 MLS season) just to get a feel for the new game and sliders.

I'll be using this thread to give short synopses of my progress. My opening friendly is at home (BBVA Compass Stadium) against Spanish side CE Sabadell FC of the Segunda Division (Second Division in Spain) on Monday, February 18, 2013.

A couple of other notes about my career. I am playing with Strict (60%) budget rules and I have turned off the first Summer transfer window so that rosters will remain intact until January 2014. Also I am using the British Pound (Sterling £) as my currency since I ultimately plan to get to England. Therefore, all monetary figures in this thread will be in £.

Houston was outshot 7(1) to 6(3) in a game of few chances on Monday night at a rainy BBVA Compass Stadium, the match ending in a 0-0 draw with Sabadell FC. The Spaniards possessed the ball for 59% of the contest and were whistled for just one foul (compared to Houston's 7).

Houston got standout performances from Captain Brad Davis (8.1), Warren Creavalle (8.1) and Corey Ashe (8.4) while Goalkeeper Tally Hall made 4 saves to keep a Clean Sheet.

CB Eric Brunner suffered a broken ankle and is expected to miss 3 months, a blow that will force boss Dominic Kinnear to shuffle his backline. Brunner joins CDM Ricardo Clark on the injured list for Houston. Clark is still recovering from a broken tailbone that he suffered at the end of last season. He is expected to be out for another month.

Houston Dynamo will visit Clube Atletico Paranaense of Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A (Brazil) on Friday in the club's second of three preseason friendlies.

On Thursday, Houston Dynamo announced that they have agreed to terms on contract extensions for ST Will Bruin (67 OVR) and LM Brad Davis (70 OVR). Bruin's deal ties him to the club through the 2016 season and will pay him £6,000 per week while Davis' extension keeps him in Houston through 2014 and is worth £15,000 weekly.

Houston Dynamo fell to Atletico Paranaense in Brazil on Friday night by a final score of 4-2. After falling behind 2-0 at the half, Houston leveled the score on headers by Will Bruin (47') and Brian Boswell (58') before running out of steam and conceding twice over the final 22 minutes.

Bruin's goal came courtesy of an Omar Cummings cross and Boswell redirected a Brad Davis free kick eleven minutes later. Bruin (6.8) was named Man of the Match, for his efforts.

Houston was able to greatly increase their passing accuracy (68%) which resulted in 49% possession, both numbers better than in their first outing.

Following the match, Manager Dominic Kinnear announced that the club has agreed to a contract extension with injured CDM Ricardo Clark through 2014. The 30-year-old US National (68 OVR) will earn £7,000 weekly over the duration of the contract.

Houston will close out the preseason on Wednesday at BBVA Compass Stadium when they host French side CA Bastia of Ligue 2.

On Wednesday morning, amid rumors that CB Jermaine Taylor has told the club that he will not re-sign with Houston, Manager Dominic Kinnear announced two more contract extensions.

CDM Servando Carrasco, 24, signed for £4,000 per week. The deal will keep Carrasco (65 OVR) with the club through 2015.

Carrasco's fellow US National, Warren Creavalle (64 OVR) agreed to terms as well. The 22-year-old CDM will earn £4,000 weekly through the duration of the deal which goes through 2016.

The bad news on Wednesday night was that Houston Dynamo fell, 1-0, to CA Bastia to finish the preseason at 0-1-2. Houston managed just 2 goals in their 3 friendlies, while conceding 5. The good news, however, was that the club had what was, statistically, their best match to date.

Houston managed 19 shots, possessed the ball for 54% of the match and completed 69% of their passes. Unfortunately, only 3 of Houston's shots were on target (15%) and it was that poor finishing that sunk their efforts.

Despite the loss, Center Back Bobby Boswell was named Man of the Match (8.0). Boswell put his only shot, a second half headed attempt from a corner, on target, while completing 29 of his 33 passes. The defender also registered 4 tackles won in 4 tries.

Following the loss, the club announced that Boswell (67 OVR) had also agreed to a 1-year extension keeping the 29-year-old with the club through 2014 at £6,000 per week.

Houston will open the 2013 campaign on Saturday, March 2. Visiting the two-time defending Eastern Conference Champions will be DC United.

At a rain-soaked BBVA Compass Stadium on Saturday night, Houston Dynamo suffered a 2-1 opening night loss to DC United.

Trailing 2-0 at halftime, Houston received a spark from Omar Cummings when he blasted a 22-yard bomb into the DC net in the 65th minute to pull the home side within a goal. Houston, however, could not equalize in the final 25 minutes and failed to take a point from the visitors.

Despite being outshot 12(2) to 7(4), DC controlled the pace possessing the ball 60% of the match.

With the upcoming international break, Houston will not take the pitch again until a Sunday, March 17 clash at FC Dallas.

On Tuesday, March 5th Houston announced that 24-year-old English Striker Giles Barnes (64 OVR) has agreed to a contract extension with the club. Barnes will earn £4,000 per week on the contract which runs through 2016.

With Houston preparing to visit FC Dallas on Sunday, boss Dominic Kinnear revealed during his pre-match press conference that Ricardo Clark has begun training with the first team and could be available for selection when his side host Whitecaps FC next Saturday.

On Saturday, reports emerged that Jermaine Taylor may be reconsidering his contract refusal. Taylor told Houston Dynamo last month that he would not be re-signing with the club. Instead, said Taylor, he would play out his final season in Houston and move on.

However, according to sources close to the situation, Taylor told Manager Dominic Kinnear recently that he is "having some doubts about leaving the club".

Brian Ching came on at the half and provided Houston Dynamo with a last gasp winner as they sacked their rivals, FC Dallas, 1-0 at Toyota Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Ching slipped a 20-yarder under the charging Dallas keeper, Chris Seitz, from the right side of the box in injury time. Mike Chabala, who came on late after Corey Ashe left with a shoulder injury, provided the assist.

Man of the Match Tally Hall (9.3), with help from defenders like Bobby Boswell (8.5) and Kofi Sarkodie (9.2), kept a Clean Sheet against Dallas and league-leading scorer Kevin Cooper who started the day with 4 goals in 3 league matches. Hall was credited with ten saves in the win as Dallas outshot Houston 13(7) to 8(3) while holding a 61-39 possession advantage.

More good news came after the match for Houston. The injuries to Ashe, Jermaine Taylor and Servando Carrasco are not considered serious and should not cause them to miss any time.

On Wednesday, Houston announced the signing of 16-year-old American goalkeeper Ryan Jeffrey to their Youth Academy. Jeffrey stands 6'0" and weighs 156 lbs.

Houston are preparing for Saturday's home fixture with Vancouver Whitecaps FC. Ricardo Clark, who has been training fully since the 8th, is expected to make his season debut for the home side.

In a very evenly played match on Saturday night, Man of the Match Tally Hall (9.4) made ten saves and kept a second consecutive Clean Sheet as Houston and Vancouver played to a nil-nil draw at BBVA Compass Stadium.

Houston also got standout performances from Brad Davis (8.4), Jermaine Taylor (8.9), Kifo Sarkodie (8.1) and Ricardo Clark (9.4) who made his season debut after fully recovering from a broken tailbone that he suffered late last season.

Houston held a slight shakhtar in shots at 10(2) to 9(3) while Whitecaps FC had a 53-47 possession edge. Aside from poor finishing and 5 offsides calls, boss Dominic Kinnear felt his was the better side in the draw.

Houston Dynamo (1-1-1) will host San Jose Earthquakes (0-3-1) next Saturday.

Tally Hall, Corey Ashe, Jermaine Taylor, Kofi Sarkodie and Ricardo Clark of Houston Dynamo have been named to the MLS Team of the Week.

Conceding in the 78th minute, Houston Dynamo dropped a 1-0 result against San Jose at BBVA Compass Stadium on Saturday night. Marvin Chavez beat Tally Hall after a scramble ensued when Hall failed to parry a San Jose shot to safety. The goal was the first allowed by Hall since the 43rd minute of the opener against DC United; a span of more than 305 minutes.

Houston closes the month of March at 1-1-2 which has them sitting in ninth place in the Eastern Conference, with a game in hand over three of the clubs they trail. Sporting Kansas City lead the conference at 2-3-0, while Real Salt Lake lead the West at 3-2-0.

Houston will visit Portland next Saturday.

CDM Ricardo Clark has received MLS Team of the Week honors for the second consecutive week. The US National has made 2 appearances for Houston this season following a long rehab process that followed a broken tailbone which he suffered late last season.

Houston lost at Portland Saturday night, conceding twice in the second half (51', 81'). While Jeld-Wen Field is certainly a tough ground for any visiting club, the real concern for Dominic Kinnear is Houston's inability to finish.

Through 5 matches (1-1-3) Houston Dynamo have scored just 2 goals. The lack of production up front has certainly been a concern and it won't be an easy fix for Kinnear.

Houston has a ful week off before hosting Chicago Fire (2-0-2) st BBVA Compass Stadium next Sunday.

Another match, another loss for Houston Dynamo on Sunday afternoon. This time, at least, a little offense for Houston. Oscar Boniek Garcia scored his first of the season rifling a blistering shot from the right side of the six-yard box into the left side of the net at 28'.

From there, Houston failed to finish on numerous chances and Chicago capitalized with goals at 36' and 67' to secure the three points, 2-1.

Houston (1-1-4) will visit Toronto (2-4-0) next Saturday.

Conceding twice after the 80-minute mark, Houston lost again. This time it was a 3-1 result at BMO Field in Toronto.

Will Bruin headed in a Brad Davis corner in the 48th minute for Dynamo's lone score. Despite the result, Houston did manage thirteen shots, including 5 on target.

Houston (1-1-5) will host Colorado Rapids (2-3-3) next Sunday at BBVA Compass Stadium.