Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Wow. Only chapter 7.

Just finished it and it was a great ending for the series. It was also classy move to recognize the work Amy Hennig did for the series in the credits. Only found 15 of like 150 collectables but to be fair I played it pretty linear and did not stray from the path. Next run will be to explore everywhere and collect everything. Story was simply ND at their best. Generally I could give two shits about a games story but this one sucked me in. The amount of ways to tackle enemies in each section makes it worth a couple runs or even restarting battles. Not to mention some of the most aggressive enemies you will find in a shooter. Outside of Snipers, they do not stand still or stick behind cover and will flank you early and often. Way more aggressive then the AI in The Division, which I though was pretty aggressive. Stealth is a viable option, though it is really just finding another patch off grass to hide in and wait for someone to come close.

Bring on the single player DLC and then a long wait for The Last of Us 2 or whatever they plan to call it. Would love to see Naughty dog make an open world game in the future.

End game spoilers.

Spoiler: show
    Biggest disappointment was the boss fight being another QTE battle of hitting two buttons. The other was how they handled Nadine. She played too big of a part to let her story arc end with her just saying "Fuck it" leaving Rafe and the Drake boys to die or not, she just could care less. That slap from Rafe alone was worth a bullet to his head.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 05-12-2016 at 06:44 AM.

That was fast! I haven't found a lot of treasures. I'm only on chapter 7 or 8 and I think I've found 8 of 105 (or 109) of them. Probably missed a bunch. I thought it was interesting that they added dialogue options once in awhile. I love Drake's character. Classic Uncharted at its best right now.

I still loved the first one so much although replaying it a few times the waves of never ending enemies did get repetitive in the first half of that game.
    UC2 was liked the best by most although I found the first half frustrating with how scripted and linear it was. Stuff like going through a door and then getting that blocked to force me through and not allow me to go back bothered me at times.
    UC3 simply had the weakest story and was too scripted.

I loved Last of us since it was linear but I still felt I had choices on how to tackle situations. I think UC4 has found a nice mix of story, linear but still some exploration with choice of how to take on things in what I've played so far. It really is playing out like an interactive movie but done well.

I like the rope mechanic even if some things stand out as unrealistic. Always having a rope around is fine for fun but I don't understand why they had some scenarios where your partner can't quite reach you to help you up but you can't just use the rope both of you have lol? Instead you have to build a rope holding structure to do it. Not a big deal but I didn't quite understand that design decision.

Finally finished Uncharted 4! Spent over 19 hours and got 46 of 109 treasures. (no spoilers ahead)

This was the best Uncharted game of all four imo. I think the pacing and open world aspects are done the best. The first one was great although the waves of enemies in the first 40% of that game got repetitive. The second game had too many small areas and both UC2 and UC3 really cut back on the larger open areas and constantly pushed you through. As soon as you went through a door a boulder fell and you couldn't go back. UC4 is much more relaxed in this area. They have larger areas to explore and I don't feel like the developers are prodding me with a stick to move forward. I had freedom to go back and explore and tackle areas in different ways. There weren't a ton of puzzles but a normal amount. Many I could figure out although I did look up help on a couple.

Of course there are tons of cut scenes and a very good story. I enjoyed this for sure. The classic gun play is good and the new rope mechanic works well. I think the enemies do a good job of forcing you to think about different ways to do things. You have opportunity to use stealth but it's not forced and you don't have to do it. The different ways to tackle things in a linear game are what improved this over the last couple games. Overall I think the difficulty on Normal is perfect and harder than UC2 and UC3. There were certainly some tough spots I had to get through.

The game itself looked great and I'll give this game a 9/10.

My family got this for me for Father's Day (early). About the only series I've played that isn't sports related. Looking forward to starting this weekend.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

Just finished this. Easily the best in the series. The voice acting was perfect. Since I played the Collection right before this, Drake’s previous adventures were still fresh in my head and made the Epilogue hit me super hard in the feels. The game is absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by souljahbill; 01-14-2018 at 05:34 PM.