Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K14 Thread (PS4 & XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    My first minor issue... I was fouled in my career and everyone walked to the fould line except my player stayed outside of the three point arc. I could not advance regardless of what I did and ultimately had to go the the PS menu and close the 2k application. I had only played 2 minute sof the game but it is still pretty annoying.

Brutal... my free throw shooting is only 75%. So one of my teammates (Butler I think) asked if I wanted to go to the gym. WARNING: DON'T GO!!! I had to shoot 50 free throws without a miss. I got to 26 and then missed two in a row. All together I had to shoot 78 free throws. It took forever and I could not exit the "challenge." That was pretty excessive IMO...

In other news, I had a breakout versus my "rival" Ellis and the Pistons... 35 points, 2 assists and three rebounds to his 11 points and 2 assists. I have really struggled of late only averaging 7.2 ppg. However, I am now in the number 7 spot with 14 minutes per night. I love all of the detail in this game. I just wish the menus were easier to find it all.

Oh cool thing I forgot to mention. When I got to shoot 46 of my free throws and contolller started to pulse like a beating heart. It became more intense and before shot 50 it was mimicking my own heart. Oh the pressure! It was really great. Nice touch Visual Concepts/2k!

I can see how the rpg aspect of mycareer is frustrating at times. I had 35 points, 21 points 16 points and 22 points. Then I go out to celebrate with my teammates and my minutes are cut down to 8 and I go to 9th spot. Then I get a goal of 10 straight points which I fail and the coach threatens me with demotion. I led the team in scoring 3 out of 4 games and then get demoted for celebrating a victory? I love the immersion of the mode but some of the logic is absolutely bizarre...

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    That sounds pretty dumb. Kinda glad it's not like that in the PC and 360 version now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I can see how the rpg aspect of mycareer is frustrating at times. I had 35 points, 21 points 16 points and 22 points. Then I go out to celebrate with my teammates and my minutes are cut down to 8 and I go to 9th spot. Then I get a goal of 10 straight points which I fail and the coach threatens me with demotion. I led the team in scoring 3 out of 4 games and then get demoted for celebrating a victory? I love the immersion of the mode but some of the logic is absolutely bizarre...
    Well you should work on being a better teammate Jaymo

I think I'm 6 or 7 games into the regular season and I'm just below the 6th man.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Well you should work on being a better teammate Jaymo

I think I'm 6 or 7 games into the regular season and I'm just below the 6th man.
    Just wait my friend... you will be asked to party... and then it's #9 on the depth chart. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Just wait my friend... you will be asked to party... and then it's #9 on the depth chart. lol
    Definitely chose the party route.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Definitely chose the party route.
    I stayed with Richard Jefferson to look at game tape
    The dude abides.

Still loving the game, however here are a few "issues" I have seen. My player gets hurt but the other guard rides the bench hurt. Way, way, way, way too much goal tending. Seems like every game, multiple goal tending calls..........On the team chart I have no idea why players are in whatever emotional state. Not sure what is good or bad, etc. No big deal in myplayer but if it is the same in mygm that could be an issue. It would be nice to know why my player is in whatever mood though.

I still have not gotten into the depth of controls with the game. Still just pass, shoot, steal, block.....very basic. Seems it is easy to pick up and enjoy but difficult to master.

Sadly, I just noticed myplayer career stats are not tracking. Stuck on 999 points for example for several games now. I would not care about the stats if these accomplishments were not tied to coins that I spend on getting better Going to finish my first season (in playoffs now) and see if it corrects.

Yeah, the stats for career are not tracking, none of them. Sad, sad, sad.....was really into this game. Can't find any threads or topics anywhere on the issue. I am not talking about the VC glitch that some are having after games. I am saying you will not get bonus VC for obtaining career goals if stats don't track.

Is this an anomaly for SC or are stats not kept correctly?

I haven't started playing this game yet but this sounds like a killer for the myplayer mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    Is this an anomaly for SC or are stats not kept correctly?

I haven't started playing this game yet but this sounds like a killer for the myplayer mode.
    I have not played in days. Made it to round 2 of the playoffs and lost game 1 to a Lebron buzzer beater. Been playing AC4.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    I have not played in days. Made it to round 2 of the playoffs and lost game 1 to a Lebron buzzer beater. Been playing AC4.
    Shocker.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    I haven't played in awhile either. The game is fun but the season is so damn long. I'm still bitter from my demotion after leading the team in scoring 3 out of the last 4 games.

I've actually been playing more Live, trying to get on the leaderboard for the Big Moments challenges, and have been getting into my dynasty with the Celtics.
    The dude abides.

There was a patch released, but does anyone know what it fixed?

I just saw an article on my phone where a guy cursed after getting a foul, the Kinect heard him, and gave the player a technical foul
    The dude abides.

That happened to me on PS4 cause I was using the headphones. I said bullshit and got a tech lol.