Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K14 Thread (PS4 & XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I told you. NBA 2K is one of the best sports simulations you'll find, especially this year's next gen version. NBA Live isn't even close right now.
    Yep, I always had a blast with NBA 2K on my 360. 2K14 is gonna be the "first" next game I get probably after my next paycheck. I still have a bunch of games to get besides Ryse, Forza and Dead Rising, but 2K14 is currently at the top of the list. I am eagerly awaiting MyCareer and MyGM.

Got drafted #15 to the Utah Jazz. One pick before Boston where I was hoping to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    The dude abides.

I'm a PG and in one moment of my game I got moved to C

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    The dude abides.

About to play the prospect game. I'm not very good at this game so this could be ugly. I'm playing the SF position so we will see how it goes.

Prospect game was a blast. I hit the game winner with 1.8 seconds left and we won 70-68. My performance rating was fair and my teammate grad was a "B." I had 16 points 3 assists and 3 rebounds. Not too bad but I was ice cold in the 2nd half. Sadly Ellis outscored me down the stretch.

After the game I told my agent I wanted to play for Golden State. Then I was interviewed by the 76ers (11th pick) and then the Milwaukee Bucks (15th pick). Personally I would love to go to the Bucks...

At the draft I was told I would be a lock for the first round. Jackson Ellis went to the Pistons with the 8th pick. Then the moment comes... and I am selected by the Milwaukee Bucks as the 15th pick. My ovr is only a 62. I will be on the bench for sure. "Fear the deer."

Sounds like a fun time in stores Jaymo. Looking forward to seeing what happens in your career!

Until I eventually get around to buying NBA 2K14, definitely gonna be living vicariously through your player's career.

Well, we beat the Knicks 97-83. I didn't play one minute of the game. The only thing I actually did was celebrate with my teammates during a timeout. My current status is that I am a bench warmer. I'm actually the 12th man!

I love it! I have a big sign in Milwaukee yet I don't get onto the court. Game two at Boston we win 104-95 and again I don't make it onto the court. I also got hazed by Caron Butler... my rite of passage is to be the luggage boy.

Game three were were at home to the Raptors. I upgraded my player to a 66 ovr before the game. With 6:34 Butler gets injured according to script and I get in. One assist and 1 bucket... we lose and I have a poor performance grade. Even so I have moved up to 9th and am now a role player.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Honest question... is 2k14 too complex for a person who has never played the 2k NBA series and only played Choops 2k8 as my last 2k game? I have heard that it's very complex for noobs.
    Ok, now that you have played the game some, you get to answer this question for me. I've never played a 2k basketball game, neither NBA nor Choops. The last basketball game I played was EA's last college game, whatever that was called.

How steep is the learning curve?

I wonder if everyone's story to start their NBA season the same?

Spoiler: show
    Mine was I was a DNP for the first two games, then Trey Burke went down with a minor injury.
    The dude abides.

Either future Hall of Famer or next on TMZ for a pot bust

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    Ok, now that you have played the game some, you get to answer this question for me. I've never played a 2k basketball game, neither NBA nor Choops. The last basketball game I played was EA's last college game, whatever that was called.

How steep is the learning curve?
    Surprisingly, this game is a lot easier to pick up and play then NBA LIVE, The motion of cpu players is excellent; it's easy to change your philosophy and make subs using D pad; shooting feels easier than Live; the game will give you hints as you go; there are SLIDERS to make whatever you want a little easier/harder. Hands down this game is spectacular. Now I don't know all of the advanced moves and I avoid shooting with the R stick (I only use the shoot button) but I know enough to be competitive and have fun. Get this gam Stan H!

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

Mine was I was a DNP for the first two games, then Trey Burke went down with a minor injury.
    I believe I heard on twitch that it is the same script for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

Yup, that's how they all start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Yup, that's how they all start.
    That's lame.

So I played my first game as the overall game installed. Playing as the Heat vs the Spurs on default (PRO) I figured I would get blown away. Well the final was San Antonio 69 Miami 60. I was in this game most of the way. Never playing a NBA 2K game I didn't know what to expect. All I can say is... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this game is amazing. I thought I enjoyed LIVE but outside of the ESPN half-time show everything in 2k is far, far, far superior, most importantly the fun factor. The gameplay is smooth, fluid and precise and the cpu AI is top notch. Players move with logical precision and commentary is spot on. Plus, the game has so much information and the D pad makes it easy to interact with. Within minutes I was changing my Defense set-up, running offensive plays and changing philosophy. What I like most is shooting. Unlike LIVE there is no great secret to shooting.

I just started myplayer and there are a ton of options. This is going to be a late, late night!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    That's lame.
    So far, as much as I appreciate the story, I hate it. It's so lame, and it's the same voice actor from the last 4 NBA 2K MyPlayer modes.

Man my last game was brutal 15 mins of plays for 3 pts and 1 assist. The season is not going very well for me but the Bucks are 3-2. Then we go to Miami and I self destruct... I had 10 points and only shot 22%. We lost 113 to 64 I am never going to be a starter at this pace.

Get this gam Stan H!
    I already have it, just haven't started playing yet. I'm trying to get a few more seasons of offline dynasty in before I start playing another sports game. I expect this or FIFA to take over my life in the next month or so, haha.

THe main thing I dislike is that there is a lack of practice. Sure you get to scrimmage later, but if I want to hit the gym to work on the timing of my shot motion, I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    THe main thing I dislike is that there is a lack of practice. Sure you get to scrimmage later, but if I want to hit the gym to work on the timing of my shot motion, I can't.
    I just use the 1-1 legends for practise. It's not too bad. One minor addition I would like for mycareer is to be able to choose the unis for each game. The one thing about 2k I don't like... the menus...???...??? They are so hard to navigate and find things. Bizarre set-up IMO.