Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K14 Thread (PS4 & XB1)

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA 2K14 Thread (PS4 & XB1)

Amazon purchase links: PlayStation 4 - Xbox One

Use this thread to share your thoughts, ask questions, look for friends to play online, or post final next-gen game media from around the web for NBA 2K14.

If any of you guys wanna run some games this weekend let me know. I'll be around most the weekend.

Loving this game. As I told clw in chat yesterday my only gripe is putting the single player career on the online servers.

Started playing this last night in my career mode. I normally hate the single player experience but this one hasn't been so bad thus far. Got drafted at #8 by Detroit and I'm still on the bench but getting some back up playing time now after not playing at all the first 2-3 games then an injury occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Started playing this last night in my career mode. I normally hate the single player experience but this one hasn't been so bad thus far. Got drafted at #8 by Detroit and I'm still on the bench but getting some back up playing time now after not playing at all the first 2-3 games then an injury occurred.
    I think that's how it always start. I hate how cheesy the "story" is, but game wise I love. I just need to get used to shooting again. I'm hooping like D. Rose right now.

Watching some vids..... This game is amazing probably going to be the best one since 2k11. The graphic Oh lord! Looks like My Career is the best game mode. Need to see some association tho.....

Gonna stream some of this tonight after I mess around with Ultimate Team. See how the two compare.
    The dude abides.

Love my player mode!

Streaming now - www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Streaming now - www.twitch.tv/JBHuskers
    Finally!! Nice to watch you play the hetero NBA game

Took a look at the gm mode this morning. Should be fun

Honest question... is 2k14 too complex for a person who has never played the 2k NBA series and only played Choops 2k8 as my last 2k game? I have heard that it's very complex for noobs. However, Live is pretty complex as well without a tutorial...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Honest question... is 2k14 too complex for a person who has never played the 2k NBA series and only played Choops 2k8 as my last 2k game? I have heard that it's very complex for noobs. However, Live is pretty complex as well without a tutorial...
    I am a horrible basketball player in general, have no clue what is going on and love 2k jaymo . I play on default settings and I think there is an easier one. I did try mygm and was in control of everything, not just my guy, and got crushed.

Holy shit at some of these comparisons:

...and my favorite:

The Harden one is turrible

I'm looking forward to digging into MyPlayer this weekend. Have only played a couple play now game so far.
    The dude abides.

Decided to pick this game up. I will swing by best buy after work. I actually enjoy some of the gameplay elements of Live but the rpg of my career just looks too good to pass up.

Decided to pick this game up. I will swing by best buy after work. I actually enjoy some of the gameplay elements of Live but the rpg of my career just looks too good to pass up.

Got this bad boy home and should be playing soon. Felt bad for the people in line at BB waiting for midnight... we are in the middle of a cold snap here.

So I played my first game as the overall game installed. Playing as the Heat vs the Spurs on default (PRO) I figured I would get blown away. Well the final was San Antonio 69 Miami 60. I was in this game most of the way. Never playing a NBA 2K game I didn't know what to expect. All I can say is... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this game is amazing. I thought I enjoyed LIVE but outside of the ESPN half-time show everything in 2k is far, far, far superior, most importantly the fun factor. The gameplay is smooth, fluid and precise and the cpu AI is top notch. Players move with logical precision and commentary is spot on. Plus, the game has so much information and the D pad makes it easy to interact with. Within minutes I was changing my Defense set-up, running offensive plays and changing philosophy. What I like most is shooting. Unlike LIVE there is no great secret to shooting.

I just started myplayer and there are a ton of options. This is going to be a late, late night!

So I played my first game as the overall game installed. Playing as the Heat vs the Spurs on default (PRO) I figured I would get blown away. Well the final was San Antonio 69 Miami 60. I was in this game most of the way. Never playing a NBA 2K game I didn't know what to expect. All I can say is... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this game is amazing. I thought I enjoyed LIVE but outside of the ESPN half-time show everything in 2k is far, far, far superior, most importantly the fun factor. The gameplay is smooth, fluid and precise and the cpu AI is top notch. Players move with logical precision and commentary is spot on. Plus, the game has so much information and the D pad makes it easy to interact with. Within minutes I was changing my Defense set-up, running offensive plays and changing philosophy. What I like most is shooting. Unlike LIVE there is no great secret to shooting.

I just started myplayer and there are a ton of options. This is going to be a late, late night!
    I told you. NBA 2K is one of the best sports simulations you'll find, especially this year's next gen version. NBA Live isn't even close right now.