Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1073

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    WTF on OS, who I believe is still an ea game changer, said he's talked to industry sources who were Sony guys and said they are very excited about Scorpio. They feel it's a big jump ahead of the Pro.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/...le-on-xbox-one

GTA 4 and all DLC backwards compatible.

My first introduction to Pjanoo!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/...ries-announced

Just what the Xbox One needed, another new controller.

It's not confirmed yet, but it's being reported that April's Games with Gold have been leaked by Xbox's Austrian arm.

So if the leak is true, for April we'll have:

Ryse: Son of Rome — April 1-30, Xbox One
    The Walking Dead, Season Two— April 16-May 15, Xbox One
    Darksiders — April 1-15, Xbox 360 and Xbox One
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations — April 16-30, Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-23-2017 at 10:03 AM.

I had no idea that Cities: Skylines is coming to the Xbox One later this month. Game was really popular after the Sim City debacle. $39.99 gets you the game and the After Dark Expansion.

I'm really tempted. It won't be 100% the same as on PC, and probably won't have the same access to mods and the morning community (I'm assuming), but since I don't have a computer or laptop currently to play it on, if I can play it on Xbox One, that'll work for me.

Microsoft to offer Self-Service Refunds for Xbox One & Win10

Announcement posted in the Insider dashboard for what seems Alpha ring testers. Likely to launch soon.

You’ve spoken; we’ve listened. In support of offering gamers the freedom of choice, we’re making changes to the Microsoft Store purchase experience by offering customers a simple way to instantly return digital products like games and apps through account.microsoft.com.

When a game or app leaves you wanting more, we're here to help. Self-service refunds on Xbox One and Windows 10 provide a quick, simple way of returning a digital product.

To request a self-service refund:
    1. Navigate to account.microsoft.com and sign-in.
    2. From the top menu bar, select Payment & billing > Order history.
    3. Navigate to a purchased game or app, and select Request a refund.

Please note the below conditions for requesting a self-service refund:
    • Games and apps are eligible for self-service refunds within 14 days of purchase if you have less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts.
    • DLC, season passes, and add-ons are not eligible for self-service refunds.
    • The game or app must be downloaded and launched before requesting a self-service refund.
    • You must wait for at least 1 day after the game or app's release before requesting a self-service refund.
    • Certain Windows 10 apps may not be eligible for self-service refunds.
    • Microsoft reserves the right to block access for users who abuse self-service refunds.

-------------

Sony and Nintendo need to follow suit on this.

That is pretty cool. Under 2 hours of gameplay seems reasonable. That's pretty much instant dislike. Meanwhile Sony doesn't even let you cancel digital pre-orders I think.

This is great. Hopefully Sony makes this move.

XBox Scorpio dev kits picture released. Who knows how the final version will look. 3 USB ports at the front and I'm not sure what those 5 buttons are on the top left. Very boxy. I like the white but I don't expect the final version to look like this.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...deo_lrn_4.12.1

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    XBox Scorpio dev kits picture released. Who knows how the final version will look. 3 USB ports at the front and I'm not sure what those 5 buttons are on the top left. Very boxy. I like the white but I don't expect the final version to look like this.
    If only there was some kind of information about those mysterious 5 buttons? Maybe the article you linked.

For starters, the kit sports a real-time clock and battery backup, as well as an OLED screen w/ navigation button on the front of the box and five programmable buttons. This seems like a small but meaningful quality-of-life improvement for devs: if you’re working with Scorpio dev kits, you should be able to set them up to display useful data like, says, frames per second, at a glance.
    It is a dev kit and it will change. Xbox has had some sexy consoles this gen, with the S being the best.

PS4 Pro Dev Kit.

I would actually prefer that over the PS4 Pro stack o' pancakes.

LOL. I just took the pictures from the article and never read it. The PS4 Pro is ugly. I wonder if the new rumoured SKU for PS will be a PS4 Super Slim or a PS4 Pro Slim.

Good deal on a 4TB external HDD for those who want to add to their PS4 or XB1

https://slickdeals.net/f/10049636-4t...-free-shipping
    The dude abides.

The self service refund is a great thing. I saw someone else say it in comments on another site, that those details are basically a copy/paste of Steam's refund details, so it's a great move by MS.

It'll be interesting to see if this puts pressure on Sony to also offer this, especially since now both Steam and MS are. Granted some of us thought the popularity of EA Access would force Sony to agree to having it on PS4 and look where we still stand on that.

While 2 hours may seem a bit short, it still gives you time to at least be introduced to a game and find out if you're going to like it or not, especially when it comes to controls.

May Games With Gold

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Director's Cut — May 1-31 (Xbox One)
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris — May 16 - June 15 (Xbox One)
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 — May 1-15 (Xbox 360 & Xbox One)
    Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga — May 16-31 (Xbox 360 & Xbox One)

Good news is Cities Skylines is now available. Will be playing it tonight!

I forgot that was coming out today. I'll have to grab it this weekend.

Cities Skylines is a blast but the console version comes with some limitations. You can pause the game but are not able to fast forward. The devs said consoles simply did not have the HP to handle it. Sucks but better to have the game with limitations than no game at all. Due to no fast forward a little patience is required as you will spend a lot of time early on just planning the future around the city until you reach the next milestone that lets you unlock new stuff. The game has very little in the way of hand holding and I highly require checking out a PC guide on the game in regards to electricity, water and sewage. The later is not really difficult but things like connecting the water pump to the water sewage before running it into the city is a savior as you only have to run one pipe. Electricity is a completely different ball of wax and you can waste a ton of money running power lines all over the city, when it only requires you to run it from the power source to another point to cover a large area. A lesson I learned from one of those guides. Also make sure and put the sewer pipe downstream of the water pump. I made that goof on my first of 15 or so cities before finally getting one started like I want it.

Good news for PS4 owners, it is looking like a PS4 version may be coming.

I still need to buy this. It may have to wait until payday next Friday, but definitely on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Cities Skylines is a blast but the console version comes with some limitations. You can pause the game but are not able to fast forward. The devs said consoles simply did not have the HP to handle it. Sucks but better to have the game with limitations than no game at all. Due to no fast forward a little patience is required as you will spend a lot of time early on just planning the future around the city until you reach the next milestone that lets you unlock new stuff. The game has very little in the way of hand holding and I highly require checking out a PC guide on the game in regards to electricity, water and sewage. The later is not really difficult but things like connecting the water pump to the water sewage before running it into the city is a savior as you only have to run one pipe. Electricity is a completely different ball of wax and you can waste a ton of money running power lines all over the city, when it only requires you to run it from the power source to another point to cover a large area. A lesson I learned from one of those guides. Also make sure and put the sewer pipe downstream of the water pump. I made that goof on my first of 15 or so cities before finally getting one started like I want it.

Good news for PS4 owners, it is looking like a PS4 version may be coming.
    PC version is an outstanding game. However, they DLC the hell out of you.

Free Xbox One/360 Games With Gold For June 2017 (And A Bonus) Revealed

Xbox One:

Speedrunners (June 1-30)
    Watch Dogs (June 16-July 15)
    Phantom Dust multiplayer DLC (June 1-30)

Xbox 360:

Assassin's Creed III (June 1-15)
    Dragon Age: Origins (June 16-30)