Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Do you know if eBay is doing anything about it now? I'd imagine if they didn't, people would be upset enough to take other measures to get their money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I think at the end of the video IGN said that Ebay told him they would give him his money back.
    I haven't heard if they changed their policy, but it also sounds like the issue isn't as prevalent this time around (except for the guy who got scammed). Based on Kingpin's post, it sounds like they have something in place.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    No one gives a fuck. Go troll somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    No one gives a fuck. Go troll somewhere else.
    Motion is seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Motion is seconded.
    Motion Denied.

/s/ CLW
    Resident Lawyer TGT

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Motion Denied.

/s/ CLW
    Resident Lawyer TGT

TGT needs to look for a new lawyer, one with a basic understanding of parliamentary procedure. You can't deny a motion that just went up for debate. In this case the debate being why your douchebaggery is allowed to run rampant in every thread dedicated to the Xbox One, without any recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    TGT needs to look for a new lawyer, one with a basic understanding of parliamentary procedure. You can't deny a motion that just went up for debate. In this case the debate being why your douchebaggery is allowed to run rampant in every thread dedicated to the Xbox One, without any recourse.
    You've clearly never been in a Court room in real life. ALL motions have a predetermined outcome before the "real" argument even begins.

The dude abides.

Peggle 2 released today! Halo Spartan Assault comes to Xbox One on 12/24 for $14.99. It'll be $4.99 if you've bought the Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8 version before 12/15. It's currently $6.99 so you'd end up saving about $3.

Also, both Peggle 2 and Halo SA have full 1000 GS. Perhaps a new thing and all games get the full score?

Peggle 2 released today! Halo Spartan Assault comes to Xbox One on 12/24 for $14.99. It'll be $4.99 if you've bought the Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8 version before 12/15. It's currently $6.99 so you'd end up saving about $3.

Also, both Peggle 2 and Halo SA have full 1000 GS. Perhaps a new thing and all games get the full score?
    Hope Peggle 2 comes to PS4 soon.

It will at some point.
    The dude abides.

So much for Xbox not selling (and consoles being doomed). That's what? 4.1 million confirmed consoles sold already between the two?

Since its launch 18 days ago, Xbox One is proving to be the must-have gift this holiday season with more than 2 million consoles sold through to consumers worldwide, averaging over 111,111 units sold per day – a record-setting pace for Xbox. Millions of fans around the world who have purchased Xbox One have shown incredible engagement with the all-in-one games and entertainment system, spending over 83 million hours in games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the system launched on Nov. 22.

“We continue to be humbled and overwhelmed by the positive response from our fans. We are thrilled to see sales of Xbox One on a record-setting pace, with over 2 million Xbox One consoles in homes around the world. Demand is exceeding supply in our 13 launch markets and Xbox One is sold out at most retailers. We’re also particularly excited to see consumers engaging in a wide range of games and entertainment experiences on the platform, with more than 1 million paid transactions* on Xbox Live to date,” said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of strategy and marketing, Xbox.

Xbox One is also proving to be the most popular online multiplayer community for gamers with over 39 million Xbox One achievements unlocked and 595 million total Gamerscore achieved.

“Demand for next generation gaming continues to be very strong,” said John Love, director of video games at Amazon. “At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com.”

“The Xbox One entertainment system is one of our hottest selling products this holiday season,” said Bob Puzon, senior vice president of Merchandising at GameStop. “GameStop is experiencing high demand from our customers for this innovative console and we are working closely with Microsoft to receive more units to fulfill our customers’ holiday shopping lists.”

“Xbox One is one of the hottest Christmas gifts this holiday season and was a top seller this Black Friday,” said Chris Nagelson, vice president of entertainment for Walmart U.S. “We are refreshing our inventory as fast as we can to ensure customers can give and receive the new console for Christmas.”

The Xbox team is continuing to work hard to meet consumer demand, delivering consoles to retailers as fast as possible this holiday season. To help people find Xbox One, Major Nelson recently shared some tips for consumers this holiday season.

Xbox One brings the best games, live TV, Skype, sports, fitness, music and more to one system at the center of the living room, all available at the command of your voice. With 22 hotly anticipated games, including 10 exclusive titles, and entertainment apps, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and many more – Xbox One fans have the best entertainment and games available on one console this holiday season.

Love it.

LONG LIVE THE CONSOLE!
    The dude abides.

I like it.

Holding out slim hope there is XB1 under my tree.

I want an x1 too but darn x mas an bills.

Hey Smooth, you get my friend request on One? I'm beginning to think I'm doing something wrong here. I sent out friend requests to a bunch of people, but to my knowledge, none have accepted it. It's the same name as it was before, but my account was accessed by someone else, so I had to change emails and reset everything. Let me know if you got it.

Hey Smooth, you get my friend request on One? I'm beginning to think I'm doing something wrong here. I sent out friend requests to a bunch of people, but to my knowledge, none have accepted it. It's the same name as it was before, but my account was accessed by someone else, so I had to change emails and reset everything. Let me know if you got it.
    I'll jump on tonight when I get home from work and check. I actually haven't been on my One since sometime last week. It's been a busy as hell week at work this week, and what little time I've had to game, I've been spending on advancing the current season in my NCAA '14 dynasty. So I'll check when I get home, probably in an hour and a half or two hours from now and let you know.

Unfortunately, I figured it out.

When you send a friend request, you simply follow that person. If that person decides to follow you back, then you become mutual followers. Basically, it's exactly like Twitter.

Dumb as hell.

Unfortunately, I figured it out.

When you send a friend request, you simply follow that person. If that person decides to follow you back, then you become mutual followers. Basically, it's exactly like Twitter.

Dumb as hell.
    Yeah, that is dumb. But at least now we know what's up. Next time I get on, be it tonight when I get home from work or sometime this weekend, I'll follow you back so we'll be good to go.

In a way it's kind of neat because you can follow whoever the hell you want without them needing to accept a friend request. However, on the flip side, I still like that mutual confirmation that if I want to go and send out invites, I know those people have me added.

There's a bunch of really weird design decisions on the Xbox One standpoint. The friend's thing, the elimination of custom music, no battery indicator, complete overhaul of the party system(and not for the better), and how EVERYTHING is an app. The interface looks good, but when I have to open an app to check my friend's list and then another app to manage my party, there's something wrong.

I also don't get the achievement thing. The design is okay, I guess, but I'm baffled that the achievements you have earned don't give a description until you select them, but the achievements you have not yet earned have the description right there for you to see. Uh?

Got the Xbox One, loving it so far. Some of the interface is kind of weird though, game invites can be a bit confusing too. Wish we had custom music again, and honestly I hope the guide comes back in some form of capacity too. Being able to snap to the guide could be pretty awesome, that way it streamlines a few things. Using the kinect to move through menus is so effortless, I almost wish Microsoft kept DRM.
    Last edited by xMrHitStickx904; 12-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Xbox One would be a lot better with their initial vision - every disc installs to the hard drive and you no longer need the disc + family sharing plan.