Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I don't seem any of the things with PS4 as a problem. I'm perfectly content with the system right now. There are a couple of things I wish the system could do, but in no way is it taking away from my enjoyment of the system; nor would I classify it as a major problem.
    None of them are "major" problems. None of the issues with Xbox One are major issues, either. They were both clearly rushed, though, with the lack of "duh" features that should be on both systems day one. There's about 10-15 things on each console that are absent that should be there. No MP3 support on PS4. No surround sound through the optical port on Xbox. No pausing or prioritizing downloads on either system it looks like.

Plus, you've got systems failing on day one. Regardless of how low of a percentage that is(I'm calling BS on it being less than 1% with all the reports I've read), that's ridiculous.

Dead Rising 3 is awesome.

Is that better then the ps4?

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Well the PS4 sold 1 million in just 2 countries. And Xbox sold it over 22 countries. Still impressive, and a big eff you to everyone who said console gaming was dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Well the PS4 sold 1 million in just 2 countries. And Xbox sold it over 22 countries. Still impressive, and a big eff you to everyone who said console gaming was dying.
    The dude abides.

I want the Xbox one. Damn x mas.

Alright, I had to move my TV around and do some squeezing and acrobatics to reach the hole in the back of my entertainment center so I could feed the 360 power cord and HDMI cord through it so I can get my 360 back up and running so I can eventually continue my NCAA dynasty.

In the process, since I had the two HDMI ports on the back of the TV out and in the open, I went ahead and pulled my cable box HDMI and currently have it plugged into the HDMI In port on the back of my Xbox One. Not sure that I'll keep it that way, considering you have to keep the Xbox One on the entire time to watch TV, which means for as long as I'm watching TV, that thing has to keep running and I'm not sure I want to give this thing a long term stress test on day two of having it.

But so far, not bad. I can see where it would be nice in that I can be playing Dead Rising 3 or Forza 5, and then just seamlessly switch over to TV without having to reach for my remote and switch sources. Then during commercials, I could quickly and as seemlessly just go straight back to my game without having to constantly switch sources between game and TV.

Not sure how well everything works in regards to controlling TV volume, the cable box, etc via voice or Xbox One controller. For the moment, I'm still using my TWC universal remote to pull up my DVR menus and change volume and whatnot. I'll have to mess with it some more this weekend.

Oh thank god. Apparently we lost power at some point yesterday. I just found out. After getting a grand total of maybe 4 or 5 hours of sleep since 6am Thursday, I was running completely on empty and after falling asleep at 1:30pm yesterday, I just finally woke up this morning at 5:45am. Couldn't get the Xbox One to turn on at first, but after checking all the power cables, unplugging and plugging them back in, it fired up no problem.

Even bigger a worry, just to try it out, I had changed my power settings to Instant On to see how much faster it actually did start up from "standby". Well, I never changed it back yesterday before falling asleep. It turned on fine, so thankfully I didn't wake up to a bricked system. Although either way, I may have lucked out partly because my Xbox One was turned on (due to passing my cable box through it at the time) when the power went out, it was not in standby, so that might have counted for something. Regardless, first thing I did this morning upon getting it back up and running was change the power settings back to have it fully turn off instead of go into standby.

I'm about halfway through Ryse and I'm really baffled as to why this got so many bad reviews. The combat is extremely fluid and enjoyable, the graphics make it up there with Killzone as the best looking launch title, and the story thus far is very engaging. Easily my favorite game so far of any of the launch titles. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Yeah, I'm maybe a quarter of the way through the story, and I'm loving it. Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are going to be my major time suckers for a good while. I definitely agree, no clue why all the complaints. I only just got the chance to start playing Ryse earlier Sunday morning, but put a good number of solid hours into, loved the combat and definitely an engaging story. I'm looking forward to what path the future of the story takes as I work my way through it.

Honestly, I believe a lot of reviewers had already determined it was going to get a low score before they even played it due to the backlash it got when people thought those execution prompts were quick time events. To me, it feels a lot like both God of War and Gears of War(mainly the camera and how the players move) and I absolutely love it. I kind of thought I would, but I'm really surprised at just how good every aspect of the game is. The voice acting is phenomenal.

Glad to here you guys are liking Ryse that game did look pretty fun. Agreed about the reviews people just got over hyped about it I think .

Once Microsoft gets around to adding in little features that are missing right now, this is going to be one hell of a console. To me, it definitely feels the most next gen out of the current consoles, and I really didn't think I would say that. The voice commands are something I never got into before, but it's so easy and so accurate that I find myself using it as my main way of navigating the menus.

It does bum me out, though, because I now realize just how awesome it would have been if they had kept their initial vision and required every disc to be installed and then not needed the disc anymore. That, along with the family sharing, would have made this the ultimate console, IMO.

In fact, it makes me think about going all digital once they allow support for external drives, because being able to pause one game, switch to another, pause that, then instantly resume from the same spot in the first game is amazing. The thing getting in the way now is actually having to swap discs.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Once Microsoft gets around to adding in little features that are missing right now, this is going to be one hell of a console. To me, it definitely feels the most next gen out of the current consoles, and I really didn't think I would say that. The voice commands are something I never got into before, but it's so easy and so accurate that I find myself using it as my main way of navigating the menus.

It does bum me out, though, because I now realize just how awesome it would have been if they had kept their initial vision and required every disc to be installed and then not needed the disc anymore. That, along with the family sharing, would have made this the ultimate console, IMO.

In fact, it makes me think about going all digital once they allow support for external drives, because being able to pause one game, switch to another, pause that, then instantly resume from the same spot in the first game is amazing. The thing getting in the way now is actually having to swap discs.

I completely agree on everything. I use voice commands almost exclusively now. I'm in the middle of Dead Rising 3, want to check in on a basketball game, instead of pressing the home button, going over to my pins and selecting TV, which can take a good 10-15 seconds, I just say "Xbox Watch TV" and the game pauses and it jumps right into TV, maybe two or three seconds. So much easier and simpler. Like I've said, I never gave the slightest damn about Kinect on 360, it was nothing but extra money to play crappy games. But after 4 days with the Xbox One, it just would not be the same without Kinect and voice commands. I now prefer using voice commands for as much as I can instead of the controller.

I also agree on the discs. I prefer that they had gone the original way and made it not need the disc anymore. Because of that, like you, I'm going to be looking at going all digital now. Unless a game has a damn good pre-order bonus (not many have lately), then I'm probably just going to get it digitally day one. I'll be in good shape soon enough, planning to buy FIFA 14, NBA 2K14, AC IV and Battlefield 4 digitally whenever I have the spare money to get them. So I'll at least be able to start taking advantage of the whole feature of jumping from one game to another and back again and picking up right where I left off. For now, it's deal with only one game at a time and switching discs in between.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Basically the same except the # of territories PS4 was able to pull it off in (US Canada only) versus 13 (I think) XB1 launch countries. So you can argue that it appears that PS4 has had the better launch to date b/c they haven't launched in their homeland Japan or Europe yet where they have dominated MS in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I'm about halfway through Ryse and I'm really baffled as to why this got so many bad reviews. The combat is extremely fluid and enjoyable, the graphics make it up there with Killzone as the best looking launch title, and the story thus far is very engaging. Easily my favorite game so far of any of the launch titles. Thoroughly enjoyable.

cosign

anybody who gave ryse low scores DID NOT PLAY THIS GAME! The story is great, visuals are awesome, combat is awesome, game mechanics are good, voice acting is awesome, boss battles are great....the game is great and I hope it does well enough to continue with a series.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I watched giantbomb's quick look of it and it looked boring but very pretty. The combat is exactly like Batman but with none of the things in between it that made Batman a good game (even though I still didn't like it).

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Its far from boring

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

I LOVE "Xbox, Record That":

http://sdrv.ms/18FARQP