Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The one that drives me up the wall is "would of".
    nothing like owning would

Damn, despite not many games released yet on Xbox One, I just looked, I've already used up 58% of my hard drive. Only 153.2 GB free.

But, I guess I have bought a whole lot of games in the last two months. Looking at games available to purchase digitally on Xbox One, the only major games I haven't bought are Battlefield 4, NBA 2K14, Need for Speed Rivals and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

Otherwise, I've bought most of the major releases. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, FIFA 14, Forza Motorsport 5, Madden NFL 25, NBA Live 14 and Ryse: Son of Rome.

I'm already using over 63%. Come on, external storage!

Hopefully you can use 2 or 3GB external drives like the Western Digital My Book. That would be excellent.

Yep, hopefully we hear something in the next couple months. Thankfully, for the moment, I don't have too many additional games that I plan to purchase. I'm definitely getting Thief (February 25), Titanfall (March 11), Watch Dogs (Q2 2014), RBI Baseball 14 (Q2 2014), Sniper Elite 3 (TBA 2014) and Halo - Xbox One (TBA 2014). So with all of those nice and spread out, I won't blow through my remaining space too quickly.

Question will be, what additional games will I pick up. There are a few games that I don't know much about, but as more information is released, I may look into the details on them and consider getting them, including: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (March 18), Project Spark (Q2 2014), The Evil Within (August 26), Destiny (September 9), The Crew (Q3 2014), Sunset Overdrive (TBA 2014), Lords of the Fallen (TBA 2014), Tom Clancy's The Division (TBA 2014), Dying Light (TBA 2014), Final Fantasy XV (TBA 2014).

How many of those secondary games I get will be the issue I run into. I get even half of those, then I'll be pushing it on space without hooking up an external drive.

And I hope you mean more than "2 or 3 GB" external drives. One of those drives wouldn't be enough for a single game. Now if you're talking 2 or 3 TB, then we're on the same page. I'm definitely gonna be looking at drives in the TB range.

Oh yeah, meant TB.

For me, I'm getting Garden Warfare next week, then Titanfall. After that, I have no idea. I'll probably get Destiny on PS4. Other than that, I'll probably be devoting most of my time on Titanfall. Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Forza Horizon 2, and Halo 2 Anniversary are all guaranteed buys, too. I know the last 2 are rumored, but I'm pretty confident they're coming. I'll probably wait for sales on the rest of the stuff.

Geez Smooth, going for a completionist game owner whoring achievement? :p

I think I'm at 35+% already, so um yeah, c'mon storage.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Geez Smooth, going for a completionist game owner whoring achievement? :p

I think I'm at 35+% already, so um yeah, c'mon storage.
    Is there one?

I have been whoring COD Ghosts the last two days. Completed the campaign Sunday, completed around another 200 GS yesterday from finding the last of the Rorke Files and wrapping up various challenge achievements during specific missions. I only have two or three more of those mission specific achievements left and it'll just be finishing the game on Veteran and all of the Extinction achievements.

Those Extinction achievements are impossible without a REALLY good team. The one is complete all the challenges AND escape. Extinction achievements are the only ones I have left, too, and they're probably never getting done.

If you want to try them out, though, I'm game. We would just need 2 other people.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Those Extinction achievements are impossible without a REALLY good team. The one is complete all the challenges AND escape. Extinction achievements are the only ones I have left, too, and they're probably never getting done.

If you want to try them out, though, I'm game. We would just need 2 other people.
    Yeah, that's what I've heard. I was laughing, some people thought Jungle Ghosts was a tough achievement, it was quite relatively easy. It's extremely easy compared to Extinction from what I've heard from people. But yeah, I'm willing to give it a go. It certainly would be nice to actually play with people I know.

In the past with the various zombie modes on Black Ops and whatnot, it was generally only me, old college roommate, maybe one of our friends we've made from playing multiplayer in various games, and then a random person. That random person would always screw us, to the point that we just gradually stopped playing zombies over a period of time because we'd make it so far before the random inevitably screwed us and everything we'd accomplished and all the time spent was for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Is there one?
    I have been whoring COD Ghosts the last two days. Completed the campaign Sunday, completed around another 200 GS yesterday from finding the last of the Rorke Files and wrapping up various challenge achievements during specific missions. I only have two or three more of those mission specific achievements left and it'll just be finishing the game on Veteran and all of the Extinction achievements.
    Ha, whored what I could out of Ghosts last week or so. Did Veteran on the first playthrough. Much easier than Veteran of past versions. Actually not hard at all.

As for Extinction..........
    Extinction achievements are the only ones I have left, too, and they're probably never getting done.
    That.

The Veteran campaigns stopped being hard for me after World at War. Call of Duty 4 and World at War, though...fuck that noise. I beat them both on Veteran and even got the Mile High Club in 4, but they were hard as hell.

Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...g-so-poor.aspx

Thread titled with something to do with Xbox One/Xbox 360.

Last post made by user CLW.

Probability of said post by user CLW having to do with bashing the XBox One/Xbox 360 or negative against Xbox One/Xbox 360 in some way, shape or form, and/or simultaneously having something to do with being pro-PS4? Probability=100%

Same thing with PS4s. Those things are so awful that most stores don't even consistently have stock of the damn thing.

See, it's really not all that hard to come up with a moronic conclusion. Just because retailers are offering deals on the system doesn't mean retailers are desperate to move the things. It's simple marketing. There's a massive potential hit coming out next month, they have stock, so they're going to try to move as much of it as possible.

Shadow Fall and Knack have seen numerous sales. Does that mean retailers are desperate to get rid of those? Target had a buy 2 get 1 on PS4 games during launch week. They must have been desperate to get rid of those games they had JUST received, right?

The simple fact that retailers are still selling the Wii U and the Vita in stores should tell you that it takes a bombing of epic proportion (even more so than the Wii U and Vita) before they start getting desperate to move stock. The whole "retailer X is offering ______ on _________ therefore they must be desperate" is seriously stupid.

Titanfall Bundle

Xbox One console, controller, 1 month of Live, Kinect, digital copy of Titanfall. $499.

I smell a price cut coming relatively soon. I'd like a second one, so $400 would be great. I'm guessing that will happen after E3.

Looks like that bundle is $475 (and no tax or shipping costs) if you sign up here and redeem the rebate when checking out with the Titanfall bundle at Microsoft Store. Damn good deal. Effectively makes the console itself like $410.

Xbox One: Microsoft Isn't Planning on Removing Kinect

"Not in our plans at all."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...34a4b76a00000e

Twitch gameplay streaming is coming to the Xbox One next month, according to the Associated Press. The report says the feature, which was available on the PS4 at launch but not on the Xbox One, is scheduled to be patched in when Respawn's Titanfall is released in North America on March 11.

According to the AP, Twitch on Xbox One also allow users to archive games streams and initiate streaming broadcasts via voice commands. We've reached out to Microsoft to confirm the details.

"It's complete integration," Twitch CEO Emmett Shear told the AP. "It's exciting because we've never had the ability to broadcast from a console like this with such a deep level of integration. The concept of being able to join a broadcasters' party is really cool, and it's another step in the direction of interacting more closely with broadcasters."

"That's a very certain type of experience," said Xbox chief marketing and strategy officer Yusuf Medhi of Twitch on PS4. "For us, we thought that was too limiting for what our fans would want. Our fans really want the full next-gen service, so that's why we decided to take our time, do it right and have it come out in this fashion."

Courtesy: Joystiq

About time. This March update is going to be enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Xbox One: Microsoft Isn't Planning on Removing Kinect

"Not in our plans at all."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...34a4b76a00000e
    Bastards! So what happen to the cheaper console then later this summer?