Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Yep, it's official: nobody wants consoles and this will be the last generation of them.

They're both selling extremely well and the Xbox One is going to get an enormous boost come March. Great for the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Yep, it's official: nobody wants consoles and this will be the last generation of them.

They're both selling extremely well and the Xbox One is going to get an enormous boost come March. Great for the industry.
    I think I heard that the XB1 is selling 2.5 or 3.5 times faster than the 360.
    The dude abides.

Compared to the first 4 months of the 360 launch, it is. The funny thing is that even with that effort, they're still getting outsold by Sony at least 1.5:1 just about everywhere. Honestly, if I was them, I'd be looking at how how well Titanfall does and if it doesn't move the consoles that they expect it to, I'd be cutting the price down to $400. 99% of people do not care about the power difference between the consoles, it's the price.

I'd also be whipping out my checkbook and spending whatever the hell it takes to secure Titanfall as an Xbox exclusive for the life of the franchise. It's the next big thing and having it exclusively on your system would get a lot of people to jump in that want to play it. I'm quite sure it would cost in upwards of $500 million to do that, but I'm pretty confident in saying it would be worth it for them in the long run.

Compared to the first 4 months of the 360 launch, it is. The funny thing is that even with that effort, they're still getting outsold by Sony at least 1.5:1 just about everywhere. Honestly, if I was them, I'd be looking at how how well Titanfall does and if it doesn't move the consoles that they expect it to, I'd be cutting the price down to $400. 99% of people do not care about the power difference between the consoles, it's the price.

I'd also be whipping out my checkbook and spending whatever the hell it takes to secure Titanfall as an Xbox exclusive for the life of the franchise. It's the next big thing and having it exclusively on your system would get a lot of people to jump in that want to play it. I'm quite sure it would cost in upwards of $500 million to do that, but I'm pretty confident in saying it would be worth it for them in the long run.
    Nah I'd keep the price where it is. It's the loss of the "always online" policy that's killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Nah I'd keep the price where it is. It's the loss of the "always online" policy that's killing them.
    I know you're trolling, but price is everything. To the hardcore player, it's nothing. To the rest of the people that game, it's everything. It's why a woefully under powered console absolutely ran rough shot over two high definition consoles last gen. The sooner Microsoft gets the price down to match Sony, the better off they will be.

I know you're trolling, but price is everything. To the hardcore player, it's nothing. To the rest of the people that game, it's everything. It's why a woefully under powered console absolutely ran rough shot over two high definition consoles last gen. The sooner Microsoft gets the price down to match Sony, the better off they will be.
    The thing is I don't want my new gaming console used for any entertainment unless it has a VERY distinct advantage over the application on PS3.

I have zero apps installed on the PS4. I'll probably do the same on XB1.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    The thing is I don't want my new gaming console used for any entertainment unless it has a VERY distinct advantage over the application on PS3.

I have zero apps installed on the PS4. I'll probably do the same on XB1.
    I don't use them, either. I have Netflix and the Blu-ray player installed, but that's it. I've never been a big entertainment guy, though. I just want both my Sony and Microsoft consoles to play each system's exclusives and then to play games on them.

Yeah, I prefer Roku anyways. Save wear and tear. But I like the PS3 for apps too because of the remote.
    The dude abides.

I used the hell out of my 360 for Netflix, especially for the kids, since we cut the cord for cable a couple years ago. Now the 360 is in my bedroom where we had a Roku, such that I use the Roku in there for netflix, etc. But the XB1 is in the living room on the big TV, so we still use it for Netflix there. Not going to buy a Roku box for the living room if I don't have to.

I'd prefer to use the Roku to save wear and tear on the new systems. I have a Roku 1 in the living room and the Roku 2 XS in the bedroom since the XS has the Time Warner TV app.
    The dude abides.

I'd personally be fine using apps on my Xbox One. It's designed to be left on a lot. No matter how much I use it, it's cool all the time and makes zero noise. I'd be a little afraid to do the same with my PS4s because they get pretty warm to the touch and make a little bit of noise (especially with Shadow Fall), but I'm sure it would be fine as well. I just have no interest in the media stuff of either console.

Update starting to roll out now. Xbox will automatically look for update when you turn it off if you have it set to instant off and will then download during "non-peak hours."

Full list of changes:

*Update to My Game & Apps to allow sorting of games and application lists, and separate queue lists for games, applications and installs

*Ability to delete game and application save data

*Improved installation and DLC management

*Addition of the controller battery power indicator

*Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat

*Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel

*Update to the boot progress indicators for system update

*Improve consistency of UX for update & install progress

*Separate game, application, and install queue lists

*Addition of USB keyboard support

*Stability and performance update

*Improved NAT detection

*Network Troubleshooter improvements

*Blu-ray quality improvements

*Significant performance and stability improvements

Apparently they got rid of that God awful sharpening filter. HELL YES! Come on, update! I need to see Titanfall without the sharpening filter.

Titanfall beta servers are back up. The game looks MUCH better with the awful sharpening filter gone. Killer Instinct also looks a lot better. Smart move on Microsoft's part.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8225242AAt3jFc

I see that has been slack in his duties

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8225242AAt3jFc

I see that has been slack in his duties
    One of my pet peeves, actually. I can't believe I typed that. Next I'll be saying "I could care less."

What was the deal with sharpening?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

It was a sharpening filter (much like one available on most TVs) that was applied to sub 1080p games to "make it look better." It didn't work right and only resulted in a super sharp image with crushed blacks and basically made everything dark and jagged looking. With it gone, it looks MUCH better. It should have never been there in the first place.

One of my pet peeves, actually. I can't believe I typed that. Next I'll be saying "I could care less."

The one that drives me up the wall is "would of".