Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 1,061 to 1,073 of 1073

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Another frigging controller from MS. More controller options than exclusives. Sport white sounds likes something you would find on a stick deodorant label.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/...ecial-edition/

Damn good month, been wanting to try For Honor.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/26/17...es-august-2018
    The dude abides.

I played For Honor for a long time. Loved that game. Supposed to be a new mode this fall too. There can be a steep learning curve so try to find a character you like and learn them. So many great fighters online so Dominion can be fun or play Vs bots.

How many new controllers will MS release by end of year? Here is another new one!!!

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/08/...ack-grey-blue/

Eh, I'm good. I'm perfectly happy with my Elite controller I bought last year. Now if only Sony would do something similar for the PS4.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/27/x...-a-great-deal/

Xbox All Access pass is here and it's a pretty good deal considering you are paying monthly payments, yet the price is actually cheaper than paying for a system, Gold and Pass for 2 years. Especially for those who have a tough time trying to pay for a system all at once. Not having to pay large interest fees for paying on a monthly schedule.

I love backwards compatibility. The latest BC game as of today, probably my favorite COD of all time, Modern Warfare 2!

I'm still waiting for a future announcement that they're releasing a remastered Modern Warfare 2 like they did with Modern Warfare a year or two ago, but for now, being able to play MW2 via backwards compatibility makes me happy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Its actually a smart business move as it does a number of things - #1 it gets sales from consumers with less discretionary spending in the door with a process many/most are familiar with thanks to cell phones #2 they can still make the same or more profit because you have to buy it from a Microsoft store which cuts out some of the "middle man" take.

I know the main stream games press will talk glowingly about this as being another "pro consumer" move by MS. However, #1 you MUST get a hard credit inquiry and thus ding their credit score. Additionally, it appears Dell/some bank are going to get to know quite a bit about you to join this program and undoubtedly sell/share that information with others. IMHO if you need credit to purchase a relatively inexpensive (in the grand scheme of things) hobby/entertainment you should probably think long/hard about whether you truly should "buy" it.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    IMHO if you need credit to purchase a relatively inexpensive (in the grand scheme of things) hobby/entertainment you should probably think long/hard about whether you truly should "buy" it.
    Yeah, screw those people not as well off as you, let them play with rocks. I get the point but again, not everyone has the money upfront to buy everything at once. It's a valid option for many families or kids going to college with limited income, etc, etc, etc.

Microsoft has been spending the past few years working it's ass off to the pro consumer to it's Xbox customers. Sony on the other hand... I figure by the PS6 or 7 they will allow user name changes and let you play online with other consoles.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-28-2018 at 07:28 PM.

While they would get the initial ding to their credit score because of the hard inquiry, they actually would be helping their score in the long run since they'd be spending two years paying for the All Access. Two years of on time payments will help their credit history and show they can keep up with payments on time, while the temporary ding from the hard inquiry will lessen over time and disappear after two years.

So say you're a kid heading to college with jackshit for a credit history, this actually could help as you would be able to build up a little bit of a history through this.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    While they would get the initial ding to their credit score because of the hard inquiry, they actually would be helping their score in the long run since they'd be spending two years paying for the All Access. Two years of on time payments will help their credit history and show they can keep up with payments on time, while the temporary ding from the hard inquiry will lessen over time and disappear after two years.

So say you're a kid heading to college with jackshit for a credit history, this actually could help as you would be able to build up a little bit of a history through this.

You are correct that IF credit is used wisely it can help your score for future (and more important purchases like a car, house, etc...). My point is that a significant % of people that cannot afford the upfront cost of a console are also more/most likely to forget to pay on time or have financial difficulties that prohibit them from making the timely payment. Of course, if you don't pay it off in equal payments the interest rate is borderline ridiculous (I think is saw 30% which starts from the original purchase date not the end date). Also if you default on an Xbox console your credit history/score is toast for years if not decades to come. I've always been cautious with my credit so the reward of a gaming console seems small in comparison to the risk. In college I worked at fast food joints to pay my way through school, make car payments and saved what was left for fun/games/etc...

Again, its a smart business move by Xbox and many people can properly take advantage of the offer. But the media's likely story of this as nothing but a win proposition for the consumer is far from the truth as there will undoubtedly be people who screw up and damage their ability to borrow for more important things down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    You are correct that IF credit is used wisely it can help your score for future (and more important purchases like a car, house, etc...). My point is that a significant % of people that cannot afford the upfront cost of a console are also more/most likely to forget to pay on time or have financial difficulties that prohibit them from making the timely payment. Of course, if you don't pay it off in equal payments the interest rate is borderline ridiculous (I think is saw 30% which starts from the original purchase date not the end date). Also if you default on an Xbox console your credit history/score is toast for years if not decades to come. I've always been cautious with my credit so the reward of a gaming console seems small in comparison to the risk. In college I worked at fast food joints to pay my way through school, make car payments and saved what was left for fun/games/etc...

Again, its a smart business move by Xbox and many people can properly take advantage of the offer. But the media's likely story of this as nothing but a win proposition for the consumer is far from the truth as there will undoubtedly be people who screw up and damage their ability to borrow for more important things down the line.
    Oh without a doubt there is a substantial risk if you're not responsible with making payments on time. If you are responsible then this can absolutely help. If you aren't responsible, then yes, this may screw you hard for the next decade plus if you can't make on time payments.

Looks like Fall 2020 is the next gen. XBox going to present new console at this year's E3 while Sony skips it (which I think is very stupid).

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status...16078871666688