Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Service yes, to an extent. PSN+ is a better value, when the service is working properly. XB1 hands down on updating the system software, which should be a no-brainer since they are a company that makes Operating Systems. Games? That is debatable in regards to first party software (personal tastes differ) and not even up for discussion when it comes to multi-platform games.
    PS+ is only better in the quality of free games they give away. In terms of actual online features and ease of use, it's still nowhere close to the quality and features of Live. It's why no matter the horsepower, I'll always have an Xbox until Sony catches up, which seems like will be never.

Hell, I hadn't turned on my PS4 in ages before I got Destiny for it, and they still don't have friend notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    PS+ is only better in the quality of free games they give away. In terms of actual online features and ease of use, it's still nowhere close to the quality and features of Live. It's why no matter the horsepower, I'll always have an Xbox until Sony catches up, which seems like will be never.

Hell, I hadn't turned on my PS4 in ages before I got Destiny for it, and they still don't have friend notifications.
    Yeah, going from my last Sony console being a PS2 that I never connected online, to years with a 360 and 7 months at the time with a Xbox One, it was definitely a big change when I first fired up my PS4. There are still a lot of things I don't know how to do on PS4 or features I don't try out simply because of the lack of ease of use. It's mainly turn my PS4 on and start playing a game and that's it. Hell, I still have no clue how the hell to create a party chat.

I still enjoy my PS4 and play it often, but Xbox 360/One definitely wins hands down in terms of ease of use and the number of features available. Probably my biggest regret last gen was not also getting a PS3 in addition to my 360, because there were a lot of PS3 exclusives I would have loved to play.

Future Xbox consoles will always be a guaranteed purchase for me, if possible day one, because of the ease of use, the features MS has and how good Xbox Live really is. However, I'm also going to now be seriously looking at buying Sony's next gen consoles at launch as well or within a year of release like this time around with the PS4.

Sony just needs to work on ease of use, add some more features, figure out a way to keep PSN from going down what seems like every single week lately, and, in my opinion but cause I've just never been much of an Indy gamer, get some better PS+ deals, especially if you're going to force people to buy PS+ to play multiplayer from now on. While we're only coming up on the first year on the market, the console is still new and young in its lifespan, after seeing all the great games put on PS+ on the PS3 the last couple years, so far, PS+ games on the PS4 have been very underwhelming for me.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Can you elaborate what you mean by ease of use? I don't find the PS4 difficult and I have used Party Chat a few times to talk to jaymo. I'm guessing that either A) you find it difficult because you haven't been on a Sony console in a long time and have gotten used to MS's way of doing things or B) I don't know anything but Sony so I don't realize how much simpler it could be.

Also, what features does Live have that you guys miss on PSN? Just curious, il I'm betting that most wouldn't interest me but I would like to know what they are.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

While I do not have an Xbox one right now, my money says that you are able to send and receive messages at a normal speed.

PSN

You have received a message (from five minutes ago)
    Go to inbox.
    Refresh
    Refresh
    Refresh
    Refresh
    Refresh
    Message received.
    REPLY Back
    sitting at 97%
    sitting at 97%
    sitting at 97%
    Sent

My biggest gripe is there is a gigantic update everytime I turn this thing on and those take MUCH longer than the PSN system updates.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    My biggest gripe is there is a gigantic update everytime I turn this thing on and those take MUCH longer than the PSN system updates.
    You should never see updates. They download and install in the background. I haven't seen an update screen in ages and I'm in the preview program where there's updates sometimes 2 or more times in a week.

I have it set to automatically update and it never does.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I have it set to automatically update and it never does.

Using an external drive? If so, go to Settings > Power & Startup > Make sure "When Xbox is off, turn off storage" is UNCHECKED. In the same area, make sure Power Mode is set to "Instant-On." Also, make sure it's set as your Home Xbox. If all of those things are set, it should download and install in the background. You should never even know it's been updated.

No external yet.

The dude abides.

Still might do it, though. I assumed that setting was only for external drives, but it might do it for the internal one as well.

I have turn off storage checked. We'll see if that fixes it.

The dude abides.

Trying to convince the wife to buy an xbox1 so that I can participate in this debate. I have alays preferred PS but the 1 looks to have a lot of great stuff. That white sunset drive bundle looks very appealing.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 11-01-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Trying to convince the ife to buy an xbox1 so that I can participate in this debate. I have alays preferred PS but the 1 looks to have a lot of great stuff. That white sunset drive bundle looks very appealing.
    Go for it!

They're both great consoles but so far next gen, Xbox Live Gold has had some better games than PS+ ( in my opinion as someone who isn't big into Indy games) and it has some really good exclusives that Sony doesn't come close on in regards to a 1:1 opposite on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Go for it!

They're both great consoles but so far next gen, Xbox Live Gold has had some better games than PS+ ( in my opinion as someone who isn't big into Indy games) and it has some really good exclusives that Sony doesn't come close on in regards to a 1:1 opposite on PS4.
    I just came across the Assassins creed xbox1 bundle... it has black flag and unity for $399. Very tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I just came across the Assassins creed xbox1 bundle... it has black flag and unity for $399. Very tempting...
    Going to be $350 starting tomorrow here in the States. No idea if that promotion is also going on in Canada, but it would be worth checking out.

Going to be $350 starting tomorrow here in the States. No idea if that promotion is also going on in Canada, but it would be worth checking out.
    It looks like Canada will be getting a $30 price cut to $369. Still pretty good with the exchange rate. I figured MS Would have to adjust at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It looks like Canada will be getting a $30 price cut to $369. Still pretty good with the exchange rate. I figured MS Would have to adjust at some point.
    Definitely interested... but it will have to be a xmas gift as I don't have that much to spend just because I want to. However, I am dropping hints with the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Rudy, upon further investigation I found out that xbox is NOT lowering prices in Canada. BestBuy and Futreshop confirmed this as well. Where did you hear it from? Edit... never-mind I see EB is sold out but has the $369 price.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 11-02-2014 at 11:39 AM.

You should never see updates. They download and install in the background. I haven't seen an update screen in ages and I'm in the preview program where there's updates sometimes 2 or more times in a week.
    +1

Call me crazy but I've been looking at an Xbox1 also. I really enjoy my PS4 but my son says all his friends have the XBOX1 so I'd atleast entertain the idea of getting one.

I was at Best Buy today, our dryer took a dump so I was looking at new dryers. I wanted to try the Xbox1 but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to turn it on. It was on, they had 2 controllers but it's like it was stuck in demo mode. I tried pressing the Xbox button on the controllers but neither would turn on. They were wired so I figured the battery wasn't an issue. I couldn't find a soul to help me so I moved on.

IF I do get an Xbox1 I would get Madden as my son and I play the heck out of it on PS4, can one who has both comment on Madden 15 PS4 vs Xbox1?

Thank you.