Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    It is all about location. From Odessa/Midland to the panhandle, this is Deere country. We even have a Gator because by gosh it is a Deere. Last Case IH we had was back in the late 70's back when it was just International Harvester.

I would think by Red "Rudy" is thinking Massey Ferguson. Being a Canadian company and all.

Edit: There is a John Deere and Case IH mod for the PC. Damn these guys are hardcore, found a Minneapolis Moline mod.

Last edited by bdoughty; 07-29-2015 at 06:11 AM.

My lawnmower is red but I don't use it. I pay a guy who barely speaks English to mow the yard. No need sullying my hands with outdoor work.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    My lawnmower is red but I don't use it. I pay a guy who barely speaks English to mow the yard. No need sullying my hands with outdoor work.
    I pay a black guy! LOL! Supporting African-American entrepreneurship.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I pay a black guy! LOL! Supporting African-American entrepreneurship.
    I love in Southeast Texas. I don't think I've ever seen a black guy (or a white guy for that matter) doing yard work.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I love in Southeast Texas. I don't think I've ever seen a black guy (or a white guy for that matter) doing yard work.
    Trump will promote all of those yard workers to his cabinet anyways, so there could be some openings
    The dude abides.

Any of you XB1 owners planning on trying out the streaming capabilities to a Windows 10 device?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Any of you XB1 owners planning on trying out the streaming capabilities to a Windows 10 device?
    I might try it, but logistically have no use for it.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I may give it a try, once I have a Windows 10 device. Gonna have to start looking at ordering a new laptop. Would like a desktop, but literally no place to put it and have easy access to sit and use it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    It is all about location. From Odessa/Midland to the panhandle, this is Deere country. We even have a Gator because by gosh it is a Deere. Last Case IH we had was back in the late 70's back when it was just International Harvester.

I would think by Red "Rudy" is thinking Massey Ferguson. Being a Canadian company and all.

Edit: There is a John Deere and Case IH mod for the PC. Damn these guys are hardcore, found a Minneapolis Moline
    Definitely not Massey Ferguson. My dad is an international man through and through. He did not like the merger with case. We always had red. Between my dad and my Opa we mainly had red. We did have one Allis Chalmers and we had a super A and C but that's different. But no green! My dad sells case ih along with kubota right now. Not quite retired at almost 67.

Interesting, most Canadians I talked to when we ran a diesel rebuild shop were Massey fans. Our Case IH dealers in the area are fairly small and probably make most of their money selling Zimmatic irrigation equipment and service. Nice guys and they even went out of their way to get custom Crimson colored drops! Boomer Sooner!

Massey is very small up here. Same with Ford. John Deere is probably 1 and IH 2 in these parts but it's a two horse race. The farms in Ontario are smaller than out west although our land is a lot more valuable. They grow pretty much nothing but wheat out west since it's too cold and too short a growing season for corn or beans.

How many bushel an acre do you get with corn down there? A good year gets 200 in SW Ontario. I imagine you guys get quite a bit more. Most guys don't irrigate here though. I know in Nebraska they do and tend to get around 230 irrc.

We grow Wheat (Perryton, Tx. is the Wheatheart of the Nation), Corn and Sorghum.

Since you asked about a couple places, I borrowed from the USDA.

Where we are (red circle) the Corn is all irrigated. I think 225 is our average but not 100% sure as I do not mess with the harvesting. We do not get enough rain here to try our luck going non-irrigated (as you can see so few counties in our area grow corn and that is because you have to have the irrigation engines and produce enough water from the wells).

On the Wheat we usually go half and half. Some years the non-irrigated becomes a place for someones cattle to graze. Some seed you have good luck with, others not so much. Every year it is a guessing game.

About the only thing I do farm related, is check the irrigation sprinklers online. Technology has come a long way. Starting, stopping, changing how much water gets put out on the fly, chemicals, etc all on a website. Now if we could get our irrigation engines online but that is not going to happen as you need to check the drippers and water production manually. Of course it helps to have custom farmers to check these things.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-30-2015 at 04:15 AM.

This is how bdoughty gets down in Farming Simulator....

The dude abides.

I did not expect that. Now let me go cleanse my eyes with sulfuric acid.

That was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. And you wonder why farmers have one of worst injury rates for an occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I did not expect that. Now let me go cleanse my eyes with sulfuric acid.
    The dude abides.

... and to think this is the xbox one thread... Damn you Farming Simulator 15!

Question, would you rather have a separate hard drive or one connected to the xbox one?

Option one: 2TB external hard drive

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...3bf4ba6583en02

Option 2: Collective Minds xbox one extension with 1TB added on

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...d90629410den02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...77335caa1een02