Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1763

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    What do I need to back them up on to? A separate drive? The cloud? I've never done a console trade-in, so I'm completely unfamiliar with the process of backing up the data on my current console.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    A larger USB stick or external hard drive. Since you aren't backing up game saves it doesn't need a lot.

Sony does seem to be cutting back on the Pro. Not sure if sales are bad or if another SKU is coming. I thought they would have had a PS4 Pro Slim that doesn't get too loud/hot and is cheaper.

I see Pros out in the wild all the time here in the OKC area. If you really cannot find one - I'd gladly buy/ship you one assuming you pre-paid via pay-pal for all expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I see Pros out in the wild all the time here in the OKC area. If you really cannot find one - I'd gladly buy/ship you one assuming you pre-paid via pay-pal for all expenses.
    I'll keep you in mind! My PS4 has been behaving itself the past day or two, so I may wait a bit before I consider upgrading. That and I might be switching jobs sometime over the next month, so if that happens, I'll wait until after I've started the new job and have gotten my direct deposit stuff sorted out for paychecks.

If there are still no Pros showing up around this area (Gamestops and Walmarts within 100 miles are all empty) at that time, or there's no new Pro bundle of a game I'm interested in, I'll definitely take you up on the offer!

They have the white Pro in stock at the local EB games. Time to come to Canada lol!

Alright, I'll own a Pro come Tuesday. I bought a Pro from the Best Buy website this afternoon, it should be here Tuesday. Would have been here Monday if not for the holiday.

Figure I'll spend Tuesday afternoon/evening setting up the Pro, getting my account logged in, going to do a straight up PS4 to PS4 data transfer to copy over all of my saves and stuff stored on my internal drive, plus move my external drive with all of my games from the old PS4 to the Pro and make sure that's all working.

Then I'll wipe the old PS4 and take it up to Gamestop to trade it in on Wednesday. Depending on if the offers are still valid come Wednesday, according to the Gamestop app, I should be able to get $155 in cash for trading in my old PS4. Probably could get more on Craigslist or eBay or something, but I really don't want to deal with the potential crap that comes from those two options, so I'll just go the quick and easy route.

Love to hear more impressions on the Pro. Fan noise, heat and overall improvements. Curious how Spiderman will be in 4K since a YouTube video looked really crisp on my Sony.

I have a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One S. I have a copy of Mass Effect Andromeda on both systems. I can say, without question, that Andromeda looks infinitely better on the Pro. It’s ridiculous just how much detail and lighting the Pro provides. It’s stark.

But the Pro sounds like a jet plane. A loud one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve heard the loud problem.

Just went to Kalihari water park and got a lot of free arcade tokens. Kids loved the VR. So now they used their savings to buy a VR bundle. Just finished setting it up tonight. I want to check out the SW Rogue One demo. We got the Doom bundle and Fireheart. I’ve always believed the price out weighed the value but the kids begged and paid for it.

There is likely to be a good trade in offer for a Pro next week with Spiderman. I may jump. The Pro is supposed to be better with VR.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-31-2018 at 09:38 PM.

New update software. You can finally search the store by actually typing in words instead of the old dumb letter by letter system. But I can’t activate or deactivate accounts easily. Have to deactivate first and then activate when moving accounts between ps4s. Used to be able to just select Activate without having to deactivate first.

Woof! 3 hours to transfer data from my old PS4 to my new Pro. Thank god I went down and picked up my package at UPS at 11:30 instead of waiting for them to deliver it by truck, which would have likely been 4 or 5pm.

Looks I'm catching up on shows on the DVR this afternoon while waiting on this transfer.

Welcome to the family!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Welcome to the family!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Surprisingly, it took only maybe a hour tops to transfer the data over to the Pro, maybe less. I was shocked when my TV suddenly auto-switched over to HDMI 3 when my Pro restarted at the end of the transfer process.

Got it all hooked up and in the place where I had my old PS4. Also used the trade in money from Gamestop to pre-order Spider-Man. I'm debating on if I want to play a game on the Pro sometime between today and Thursday, or if I want to wait and have Spider-Man be my first game on the Pro on Friday.

I pre-ordered the Pro RDR2 bundle. In two weeks I hope I don’t regret it! I did trade in GOW, TR and Detroit and got C$50 for each of them towards it. Unfortunately I would have liked to see GOW in 4K. Still have Spiderman and HZD as well as NBA. I may even play RDR. ��

PSN users will finally be able to change their username, but there are some catches:

We’re happy to announce that we will soon begin testing the long-awaited feature that will allow users to change their PlayStation Network Online ID from their PlayStation 4 system. The PSN Online ID Change feature beta will be a part of the PlayStation Preview Program, and will become available to select users that have pre-registered as testers for previous PS4 system software betas.

During the preview program, you will be able to change your online ID as many times as you want. The first change is free, and changes after that will cost $9.99 USD / CAD. For PlayStation Plus members, it will cost $4.99 USD/ CAD after the first change. Changes to online ID can be made through the Settings menu or via the Profile page of your PS4.

When you change your online ID, you will have the option to display your previous ID with your new ID, so your friends can recognize you. Once you decide to display your old ID or not, you won’t be able to adjust this after completing the online ID change process.

This feature is compatible with PS4 games originally published after April 1, 2018, and a large majority of the most-played PS4 games that were released before this date. However, please note not all games and applications for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems are guaranteed to support the online ID change, and users may occasionally encounter issues or errors in certain games. If for any reason you experience issues after changing your ID, you can revert back to your original ID for free at any time (you will only be able to revert once during the preview program). Reverting back to an old ID will resolve most issues caused by the ID change. In addition, when this feature officially launches, a list of compatible games published before April 1, 2018, will be provided on PlayStation.com for reference before you make a change.

The preview program for this feature is scheduled to conclude at the end of November 2018. The full rollout of the feature to all PS4 owners is planned for early 2019, so stay tuned for updates down the road!

Some PS+ members received voucher for three months of Netflix free today. Unfortunately, it did not go to all PS+ members.

Enter your e-mail here to see if you were eligible & received it.

Apparently I'm in the "not special" crowd.

Of all of the similar free things Sony has given to PS+ members in the past, I've never received a thing. Apparently all the money I've spent and given Sony for PS4 consoles and dozens upon dozens of games over the years don't mean shit.

Of all of the similar free things Sony has given to PS+ members in the past, I've never received a thing. Apparently all the money I've spent and given Sony for PS4 consoles and dozens upon dozens of games over the years don't mean shit.

I’m in that club too lol

Same here. Despite being opted in for e-mails, I rarely get any from PlayStation. I've missed out on he big holiday PS Store discount codes as well.

Report: PS4 Messaging Bug is Bricking Consoles

Some PS4 owners are experiencing a frightening glitch that’s forcing them to factory reset their consoles.

The first report of this specific bug was from a Reddit user who, after playing an online match of Rainbow Six: Siege, received a cryptic message from a member of the opposing team. After opening it, the player’s PS4 locked up along with most of his teammates’. With the exception of one player on the team, who had his messages set to private, everyone on the team was forced to factory reset their PS4s to regain functionality.

Even scarier, others are experiencing the glitch simply by receiving the notification for the message. According to Reddit user Forkrul, the message generally needs to be displayed in some way in order to be effective, however, “the notification can be enough depending on how much of the message it parses.”

While none of this is concrete and Sony has yet to even acknowledge the problem, it is advised for PS4 owners, especially those who play competitive online games, to set their messages to private. Concerned users can go to Settings > Account Management > Privacy Settings to change Message settings to private.

Full story here.

I saw a story about that earlier. Thankfully I've had my messages set to friends only for months now after I kept getting a bunch of spam crap from people who were in the same group/community as I was.