Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1763

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display

I like the grey one.

I like the custom wallpaper and notification deletion.

As of this moment, some PSN services are experiencing issues. (Based on the link below, I would say ALL services are.)

Keep an eye on it here: https://status.playstation.com/en-US/

EDIT - 22 minutes later, PlayStation stating that all services are now up and running.

Doesn't this make three or four PSN outages in the last couple weeks?
    Last edited by cdj; 02-08-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    As of this moment, some PSN services are experiencing issues. (Based on the link below, I would say ALL services are.)

Keep an eye on it here: https://status.playstation.com/en-US/

EDIT - 22 minutes later, PlayStation stating that all services are now up and running.

Doesn't this make three or four PSN outages in the last couple weeks?
    It's at least that many. They've had a lot of issues the past couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Greatest Hits finally makes their way to PS4...

The dude abides.

I own the only 2 games that interest me from that list (UC4 and TLOU).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of that list, I own Metal Gear Solid V, The Last of Us, Battlefield 4 and inFamous: Second Son.

Of that list, games I might be interested in would be Uncharted 4 (I got the 1-3 Nathan Drake Collection last year when it was on sale, just have to add UC4 at some point for the entire Nathan Drake series), Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami and maybe Killzone Shadow Fall, since I've never played the Killzone series, but it always seemed to be raved about on here and elsewhere back during the PS3 days.

Quite a few of those games were free for PS+ users too if you have been a part of that. Very good list but I would agree that most people own all of the wants they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Quite a few of those games were free for PS+ users too if you have been a part of that. Very good list but I would agree that most people own all of the wants they like.
    Yep and have repeatedly been cheaper on digital sales. Unless they include all dlc these aren't the greatest deals

I literally just bought TLOU-Remastered for $10 during the PSN E3 sale. I never beat it in PS3. I’ll give it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Of that list, I own Metal Gear Solid V, The Last of Us, Battlefield 4 and inFamous: Second Son.

Of that list, games I might be interested in would be Uncharted 4 (I got the 1-3 Nathan Drake Collection last year when it was on sale, just have to add UC4 at some point for the entire Nathan Drake series), Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami and maybe Killzone Shadow Fall, since I've never played the Killzone series, but it always seemed to be raved about on here and elsewhere back during the PS3 days.
    Dude, you almost owe it to yourself to play UC 1-4 back to back. UC4 is a love letter to the series and its emotional weight hits harder if 1-3 is fresh in your head. Play them on the easiest mode. You’re there for the story. The UC4 epilogue will hit you right in the feels. Then hit up Lost Legacy right after that. By the time you’re done, you’re gonna think, “That was a fantastic use of my time.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost Legacy is really good!

Yeah, I still gotta find time just to even play the Nathan Drake collection, before worrying about UC4 and Lost Legacy.

Game publishers are starting to finally wise up, and instead of plugging everything into October and November with dead space the rest of the year, February through May is starting to become just as big a game release window as September to December is. I'm struggling just to put time into MLB The Show 18, Far Cry 5, Vampyr, Jurassic World Evolution, Detroit Become Human and State of Decay 2, which all released between the last Tuesday of March and last week.

Plus I just picked up Batman: Arkham Knight and Batman: Return to Arkham (Arkham Asylum and Arkham City) for cheap on sale two or three weeks ago and have yet to even touch them. I have yet to even play Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced that I bought on sale months ago. Same with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete which I've owned since sometime last year. Trying to also find time for Skyrim and Fallout 4, which half the time ends up being maybe once or twice a month. I don't think I've gotten back on Skyrim since April, even though I was halfway through the story. Shit, I still have yet to finish Assassin's Creed Origins and Middle-Earth: Shadow of War and those both came out clear back in October. I also have yet to finish The Last of Us Remastered which I've owned for about two years now and I'm still extremely early on in Metal Gear Solid V, which I've owned for well over a year.

I have a backlog of started but unfinished games up the ass, and more new games keep releasing before I can find the time to finish old games.

Any good Pro deals going on right now? My PS4 was acting funny tonight, randomly beeped three times while I was playing No Man's Sky and then sat there and sounded like it was trying to spin up the disc drive or something every 10 seconds. It's over 4 years old, got it May 2014, so I may finally bite and upgrade to the Pro. Just not sure if there are any good deals right now or if I should hope my PS4 ain't about to have major issues and wait until closer to the holidays.

They have the PS4 Pro Spider-Man bundle. Seems like they are just selling it with games now. In Canada they have a weak trade in offer for it. Like half price if you trade in your old PS4. Maybe GameStop has a similar deal in the US but I don’t see it.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/console...-system/166303

If I do a trade in, what do I have to do to transfer my game saves and data from my current PS4? I have all the physical games installed on my 4 TB external drive, but need to get the stuff off the internal drive.

Looking on Gamestop, I don't see any specific trade deals going on. The old 500 GB PS4s currently have a trade value of $145 at Gamestop.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-07-2018 at 10:17 AM.

You want to backup your profile and settings in addition to any game saves you don't want lost (or that aren't backed up in the cloud - those can be redownloaded). I did this a few years ago pretty painlessly except I didn't have an external so I had to re-install all my games. Was fairly painless. I think there is an auto backup option somewhere that does it all for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    You want to backup your profile and settings in addition to any game saves you don't want lost (or that aren't backed up in the cloud - those can be redownloaded). I did this a few years ago pretty painlessly except I didn't have an external so I had to re-install all my games. Was fairly painless. I think there is an auto backup option somewhere that does it all for you.
    What do I need to back them up on to? A separate drive? The cloud? I've never done a console trade-in, so I'm completely unfamiliar with the process of backing up the data on my current console.

Well, it looks like I'm not getting a Pro for a while regardless.

Every Gamestop within 50 miles of me is sold out of Pros, according to their app.

Even Amazon has nothing but third party sold Pros, and I'm sure as hell not paying $500 for a Pro.

And after looking over on OS, apparently Amazon and Best Buy haven't had Pros in stock for months. Apparently Gamestop is only getting regular PS4 slims, something about Sony dialing back production of Pros or something is the current rumor.

If that means a Pro slim or something is about to be announced, I'll go for it. Otherwise something like a RDR Pro Bundle might be my only way of getting one. Either that or hope my PS4 survives to when the PS5 launches, but that will probably not be until Fall 2020 at least.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-07-2018 at 11:10 AM.