Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1763

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Ended up with the Slim. Just could not justify the extra hundred without a 4K TV.
    I made the same decision. I do have a 4K tv but it's upstairs and the wife wouldn't be happy if I put a PS4 up there lol. But it was more than $100 for me. They always have great sales and bundles on the Slim. I got it for $299C vs $499C for the Pro. When you add in 13% sales tax and that I got a game which I flipped for $25 it was well over $200 difference.

Heard there is a Slim Gold coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Why would anyone be ecstatic over an abject moron finally coming to their senses?
    Please stop. Can we not all get along?

No Man's Sky has been a nice little buy so far. It scratches all my gaming OCD itches of exploring, finding and crafting. I have made my first warp and look forward to the freedom now that the tutorial phase seems to be slowing down. I just have a need for more slots. Need slots everywhere. Gotta have a place to store stuff. I am going without a guide, so it is a guessing game was to what to sell right now. Selling "currently" non essential minerals and trying not to drop the stuff you can't sell but it happens. The Sentinels seem awfully sensitive. I know from some of the previews they come in different varieties but they have attacked when I was gathering resources too close to them.

It is fairly easy on the eyes, especially the ones with lots of flora and tallish grass but there are some fugly ass planets out there. They were right when they said the planets were large. When playing the Witcher 3 or Zelda I said screw the horse. Not this time. When stuff is more than 5 minutes away, I get back in the ship and fly there. There is just not enough to do between point A and B. I remember seeing one guy who walked half of one of the planets and it took 12 hours to do that. Numerous occasions with 2 hour + ETA's to the next closest base. This is also where I think they screwed up a bit. Would have rather had a hundred or so similar sized planets with more diverse multi-biomed planets that had far more areas of interest and lore on each.

Now we look for a nice little planet to start my fist base. Which is easily 25+ hours of gameplay away since there is so much else to do in the upgrade department in all the other areas.

Oh yeah, Fahrenheit, how hard would it have been as an option in the game? Damn Brits, still holding a grudge.

Last edited by bdoughty; 06-04-2017 at 09:21 AM.

I think No Mans Sky is a lot better now than at launch. I've already sold it but I think you can edit and build your own base now too. Many improvements.

Enjoying No Man's Sky so much I have not even touched Horizon, outside of taking it out of the case and installing it and I really want to play Horizon. Even restarted with a new save because I never got around to naming anything.

So Star Systems are all named Sooner1, Sooner2 and so on.
    Planets are Boomer1, Boomer1a, etc.
    Bases on the planets are named after famous people that went to OU classified by OU, the number of the base as they are found. For example: OU1 Sam Bradford. Will run out of names so it will default back to OU1, OU2, etc.
    Plants are all named after what they look like. Silly names. Ran out of Oklahoma based stuff and there is a ton of vegetation.
    Creatures are named Texas Sucks(Insert Number).

So if you find the OU3 Mookie Blaylock Base, on Boomer45C, while visiting the Sooner45 Star System, feel free and feed Texas Sucks654 some Iron. They seem to like that.

My Sony E3 Predicitions:

#1 Sony drops $50 off the PS4 Pro price point and cuts MS' balls off
    #2 Days Gone - more gameplay trailer and release date (either Fall 2017 or Spring 2018)
    #3 Detroit - " "
    #4 New IP from Sucker Punch trailer (no release date/window given)
    #5 Spiderman gameplay trailer (no release date but potential "window" Fall 2018)
    #6 GOD of War trailer (no release date but potential "window" Fall 2018)
    #7 Uncharted the Lost Legacy gameplay trailer
    #8 NOTHING from Death Stranding (thank God)
    #9 Gameplay Trailer for Red Dead 2
    #10 NOTHING from TLOU 2

What the heck is the hold up on Spoderman? That game is taking forever. Days Gone interests me as does TLOU 2 which may be a LONG way out. Probably 2019.

My daughter text me yesterday and said there is a new Minecraft game coming out down the line and Sony won't support it because they refuse to allow cross-platform play/chat.

Can anyone verify that? Seems pretty dumb to turn away Minecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    My daughter text me yesterday and said there is a new Minecraft game coming out down the line and Sony won't support it because they refuse to allow cross-platform play/chat.

Why I posted about it in the E3 thread.

You can also get CLW's Hot Take on the subject.

Sony explains it's decision to block cross-play.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...intendo-switch

Read the few interview for a good laugh. Some of the doozies for those too lazy to click.

Unfortunately it's a commercial discussion between ourselves and other stakeholders
    #4thestakeholders

And I can see your eyes rolling.
    Really. I wonder why.

We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe. Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it's something we have to think about very carefully.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-13-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Here is the Minecraft segment from the Microsoft presser:

Also, for those wondering about the popularity of Minecraft, aside from the Xbox One X reveal, the clip above was the most watched YT video from the MS E3 press conference with over a million views so far.

They have turned down cross-platform play. A big reason IMO would be the fact that Microsoft owns Mojang (Minecraft developer), acquiring them back in 2014. Sony & Microsoft both benefit from making the game for PS4's large user base, but Sony likely thinks allowing cross-platform would eliminate any leverage or position of power they currently have in this relationship. Not saying I like it, but I think that is why they declined. It also would put Sony in a spot where they might feel they have to allow cross-platform for all games, if available/developed. I can see where that is a bigger issue.
    Last edited by cdj; 06-14-2017 at 07:06 AM.

Yet they still have a few cross-play games with PC. Which is why most of what the Sony rep is absolute crap. Protecting it's userbase but allowing cross-play with PC/Steam gamers. Sony is just being the biggest dick on the playground and for a company that is already pretty damn user unfriendly, this just takes it to another level.

Neogaf leans heavily towards the Sony side and even the majority of those guys are mad at the decision.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1391006

They also make a great point that Sony is the new Nintendo. Using children as their excuse for not being online friendly all these years.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-14-2017 at 10:09 AM.

What Sony is doing is forcing me, a PS4 user, to decide whether or not I should purchase and XB1. I have never owned any iteration of XB. This may cause me to and I may find that I like it and I may end up buying games for it that I would have bought on PS4 and I may end up being an XB guy on the next generation.

Who knows?

It just doesn't make sense to open the door, whenever it's possible to avoid it, that gives your customer base a reason to consider trying your competitor's product.

What Sony is doing is forcing me, a PS4 user, to decide whether or not I should purchase and XB1. I have never owned any iteration of XB. This may cause me to and I may find that I like it and I may end up buying games for it that I would have bought on PS4 and I may end up being an XB guy on the next generation.

Who knows?

It just doesn't make sense to open the door, whenever it's possible to avoid it, that gives your customer base a reason to consider trying your competitor's product.
    Agreed. Strictly a business decision that hurts the fans. Just like the NFL exclusive deal. This Forbes article talks about this exact issue.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#584140b039ad

Firmware Update 5.00 now available.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/03/ps4...been-released/

Who knows?

Come on over to the dark side buddy. As an owner of both... I love both systems. Xbox is all about entertainment while PS4 is all about games.

Would this qualify on a new PlayStation mobile device?