Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Ok...dumb question. I cannot find the demo for Madden on the ps4. I could have sworn I saw where Jaymo downloaded it. Anyone know where they hide the demos!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Probably gonna wait till Black Friday or christmas to get it. Not buying full price.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I am sure we will see just as much of this when the Xbox One comes out. I feel bad for gschwendt but thus is the life of the early adopter.
    Yeah, that's my biggest worry.

Quote Originally Posted by dhook27 View Post
    Probably gonna wait till Black Friday or christmas to get it. Not buying full price.
    If you're talking about buying a PS4, you're gonna be waiting a LONG, LONG while. The price isn't coming down ANY time soon. Hell, you can't even buy a PS4 on Amazon unless you're willing to pay $1,000+ to buy it from a random seller (not directly from Amazon).

Yeah, you're going to wait 2+ years for the PS4 if you're waiting for a price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Yeah, you're going to wait 2+ years for the PS4 if you're waiting for a price drop.
    Exactly. That said I think there is a pretty good chance you will see the PS4 with a bigger (1TB) HD sold at the same price before you see a price drop.

Yep. The thing just released two days ago. Sony is sucking up money left and right at $400 a pop, stores are sucking up money left and right selling the PS4 for $400 a pop. Like I said, you can't even buy a PS4 from Amazon or Gamestop or wherever right now. The only people selling a Playstation 4 right now are those who bought the launch editions and are selling them for $1,000 and higher.

I mean hell, the question right now is, will stores even have PS4s and Xbox Ones in stock just to even sell on Black Friday? Did the stores keep "some" held up in the back to sell on Black Friday, or are they completely and entirely out, and when will they be getting restocked? So thinking the price is gonna drop for a Black Friday sale or something, not a chance in hell. Maybe, maybe there would be a small drop ($25 or $50) just solely for Black Friday next year, but that'd be it. You won't see a full Sony enacted price drop until at least 2015.

I've been using the 30 day trial and have been pretty impressed, actually. I don't think I'll actually pay the monthly fee, but hopefully they later add in support to play music from your hard drive or a USB drive.
    I use apps like this all time while at work and driving around. It's been acting up for me when using it on the PS4, but I think it's just due to the insane traffic of users this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yep. The thing just released two days ago. Sony is sucking up money left and right at $400 a pop, stores are sucking up money left and right selling the PS4 for $400 a pop. Like I said, you can't even buy a PS4 from Amazon or Gamestop or wherever right now. The only people selling a Playstation 4 right now are those who bought the launch editions and are selling them for $1,000 and higher.

I mean hell, the question right now is, will stores even have PS4s and Xbox Ones in stock just to even sell on Black Friday? Did the stores keep "some" held up in the back to sell on Black Friday, or are they completely and entirely out, and when will they be getting restocked? So thinking the price is gonna drop for a Black Friday sale or something, not a chance in hell. Maybe, maybe there would be a small drop ($25 or $50) just solely for Black Friday next year, but that'd be it. You won't see a full Sony enacted price drop until at least 2015.
    The only way you'll get a system right now is if someone didn't pick up their pre order. Depending on the store, you have from 2 days to a week to pick it up.
    Last edited by Kingpin32; 11-17-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Per their Twitter, issues with the What's New, Live Area, and Library should all be solved now.

I can recreate my problem with the disc not ejecting every time now. If I try to eject the disc before anyone is logged into the console, it wont eject. If I log in after trying that, it also wont eject and it wont recognize a disc even being in the console. I then have to turn the console off, log in, then it ejects just fine.

That literally makes absolutely zero sense.

Was there an update? It seems like more of the UI is working now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Ok...dumb question. I cannot find the demo for Madden on the ps4. I could have sworn I saw where Jaymo downloaded it. Anyone know where they hide the demos!?

They don't seem to have a demo for ps4 madden. I have the $10 trade-up.

I heard the nba live demo is tomorrow but on a couple of psn websites there is no mention of it as a demo, only a full digital version??? Really want to see a demo for this game.

PS... That indie game Contact (or is it contrast???) is a lot of fun with a great story. Highly recommend it.

Hmm, it was showing up for me. How about now?

That is how mine came also...except I had 3 bubble wraps hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

Did you ever find it? I did a quick search and had no luck finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    That is how mine came also...except I had 3 bubble wraps hahaha
    My box was full to the brim with bubble wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Did you ever find it? I did a quick search and had no luck finding it.
    No, never found any demos. Maybe Live will show up today. I went ahead and bought Madden and I am pleasantly surprised. Solid game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    PS... That indie game Contact (or is it contrast???) is a lot of fun with a great story. Highly recommend it.
    Contrast. I played it for about 45mins Friday night but I couldn't get into it.

I got my PS4 from Amazon and the box was overflowing with bubble wrap, but only on top. I wish they would have put some underneath too.

Impressive. I'm playing on Rookie and my high is just under 5m, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    This means war G!

Looks like I need to put my name in the hat
    The dude abides.