Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh sweet sunny Jesus.

What dumbass packaged that!?
    The same one that packed mine

(thinks to self, has someone here found a job)

Had a disc in the system and went to eject it. Nothing. Tried multiple times. Nothing. It was Madden 25, so I figured I would try to load the game. "No disc inserted." At this point, I figure I'm screwed, but I turn it off and turn it back on hoping it was just an anomaly. Eject the disc and it actually ejects. I put something else in and everything appears to be working. I'm really hoping this isn't a sign of the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Had a disc in the system and went to eject it. Nothing. Tried multiple times. Nothing. It was Madden 25, so I figured I would try to load the game. "No disc inserted." At this point, I figure I'm screwed, but I turn it off and turn it back on hoping it was just an anomaly. Eject the disc and it actually ejects. I put something else in and everything appears to be working. I'm really hoping this isn't a sign of the inevitable.

I'm giving serious thought to getting an extended warranty...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I'm giving serious thought to getting an extended warranty...
    Well, right now it sounds like any issues that pop up, are going to happen within the first couple days, much less years. So at least the manufacturer's warranty will still be active. But yeah, definitely gonna start looking at extended warranties to keep this damn thing under cover for a couple years.

I'm watching JB play Madden. These twitch streams look pretty good through PS4.

I'll go ahead and really scare the shit out of you. My exact packaging from Amazon:
    Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    The same one that packed mine

(thinks to self, has someone here found a job)
    I must have gotten all of your extra packing... mine was overflowing with that same bubble wrap. It was still at the very bottom though.

I tried a DVD in the drive and I get the same error.

Yeah, I think I may wait awhile on getting a PS4. Too many problems right now. I'm sorry for you guys that have one and are already having issues. That would make me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I must have gotten all of your extra packing... mine was overflowing with that same bubble wrap. It was still at the very bottom though.

I tried a DVD in the drive and I get the same error.
    Talk to customer service yet?

Talk to customer service yet?
    On the phone with them now. Typical steps so far.

A coffin is on it's way... should get to me overnight, I ship it back to them overnight, then after they receive it, they ship a brand new one out to me overnight. Should be wrapped up in about a week's time hopefully.

It's only been two days since the damn thing was released, and already having to send it back to get replaced with a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    A coffin is on it's way... should get to me overnight, I ship it back to them overnight, then after they receive it, they ship a brand new one out to me overnight. Should be wrapped up in about a week's time hopefully.
    Wow. I guess it's not as bad since it's overnight shipping both ways, but still, this stuff simply shouldn't be happening a few days after launch.

Anyone outputting the audio through optical using a headset? I'm using my A40s and occasionally the audio will crackle. Just a few minutes ago there was a really loud crackle and the audio stopped working completely. After rebooting the system, it works fine for awhile. Any ideas? Headset works fine using all the same cables on other stuff, so it's definitely not that.

Does anyone use the Music Unlimited App? I'm a big user of Spotify Premium, but to be able to play and listen to music is a pretty big thing. I think I may switch over, but it seems like the music selection is a bit less than Spotify.

Also, can we discuss Resogun? Cause I've played this more than I played the 3 games I bought. I haven't even played BF4 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Also, can we discuss Resogun? Cause I've played this more than I played the 3 games I bought. I haven't even played BF4 yet.

I'm really enjoying Resogun too. Lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Does anyone use the Music Unlimited App? I'm a big user of Spotify Premium, but to be able to play and listen to music is a pretty big thing. I think I may switch over, but it seems like the music selection is a bit less than Spotify.
    I've been using the 30 day trial and have been pretty impressed, actually. I don't think I'll actually pay the monthly fee, but hopefully they later add in support to play music from your hard drive or a USB drive.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It's only been two days since the damn thing was released, and already having to send it back to get replaced with a new one.
    I am sure we will see just as much of this when the Xbox One comes out. I feel bad for gschwendt but thus is the life of the early adopter.