Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    PS4? More like a billiards simulator. Two games in under a month.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...ming-soon-ps4/

The PS3/Vita Hustle Kings, which was made by team who created Pure Pool now has a sequel. The sequel is made by Sony. Almost as confusing as having two billiards games released in such a short timeframe.

It will be a free to play game and details some of what you can play for free. I will stick to Pure Pool as I was not a fan of Hustle Kings and it's obsession with trick shots.

GAMESCOM: SONY OUTLINES PS4 FIRMWARE 2.0, SHARE PLAY

Play with your friends, no matter where they are

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/...-20-share-play

Seriously on the trail for a PS4, looking for the best deal out there. I see Dell has a PS4, and MLB 14 for $449.99 + it includes 3 months of PS PLUS
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=a7791689

Then there are other bundles coming out like the destiny one at Gamestop, same price 449.99 but it's not due out until 9.9.14.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Walmart seems to have a great deal too, PS4, 2 controllers, your choice of a game, 23 to pick from $489.99

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PS4-Consol...#ProductDetail

pick one of the following:

1) watch dogs
    2) Infamous: Second Son
    3) UFC
    4) The Last of Us Remastered
    5) Call of Duty Ghosts
    6) NBA2K14
    7) Killzone: Shadowfall
    8) Madden 25
    9) Injustice Gods Among Us
    10) Lego Marvel Super Heros
    11) Knack
    12) Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
    13) Need For Speed Rivals
    14) Just Dance 2014
    15) NBA Live 14
    16) Thief
    17) Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack
    18) Walmart Exclusive content Watch Dogs
    19) Angry Birds Star Wars
    20) Rayman Legends
    21) The Lego Movie Videogame
    22) Fifa 14
    23) MLB 14

Seems like MLB 14 would be my first choice. Any suggestions?

EDIT #2, gotta love Walmart, they do not ship this item to either Bryan, or College Station...weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 08-12-2014 at 03:47 PM.

The best game from the above 23 is TLOU - if you haven't played it you should definitely pick it up. i'd also recommend - watch dogs; infamous; knack and MLB

Question for the pros...

The bundle packs seem to come with the "download version" of the game. I'm old school and prefer the actual disk. The guy at Gamestop, nice guy, tried to sell me on if you buy the download version it will never go away...I believe him...except I did buy some NCAA stuff and maybe it's b/c NCAA is messy and EA and all but they are no longer there, when I try and re-download them it tells me the server is no longer available.

I'm concerned if I get a download copy of a game in a bundle version of the PS4 will it someday go away? Also if I have the physical disk at some point I can always trade it in at Gamestop for credit.

Any thoughts on the download games? I'm not talking about the smaller download games, I'm talking about full games like MLB 14.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Question for the pros...

The bundle packs seem to come with the "download version" of the game. I'm old school and prefer the actual disk. The guy at Gamestop, nice guy, tried to sell me on if you buy the download version it will never go away...I believe him...except I did buy some NCAA stuff and maybe it's b/c NCAA is messy and EA and all but they are no longer there, when I try and re-download them it tells me the server is no longer available.

I'm concerned if I get a download copy of a game in a bundle version of the PS4 will it someday go away? Also if I have the physical disk at some point I can always trade it in at Gamestop for credit.

Any thoughts on the download games? I'm not talking about the smaller download games, I'm talking about full games like MLB 14.
    Yes the bundles are typically for download games. You lose the right to trade that game in. However, it is correct you can never lose it as your PSN account should always have your download history allowing you to re-download anything should the file get deleted/corrupted.

I generally don't download "big" games as it just takes a ton of space up on the HDD (unless its a free game on +) but thats just a personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    The best game from the above 23 is TLOU - if you haven't played it you should definitely pick it up. i'd also recommend - watch dogs; infamous; knack and MLB
    Ditto to those picks except for Knack. Would swap that out for Trials Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Ditto to those picks except for Knack. Would swap that out for Trials Fusion.
    10) Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    My family has dropped over 100+ hours into this bad boy. Best legogame by far.

Good news, bought a PS4 tonight from Gamestop. Bought a used copy of MLB 14 with the gamestop rewards card for $49.

Getting it all set up now! Should be FUN!

Good news, bought a PS4 tonight from Gamestop. Bought a used copy of MLB 14 with the gamestop rewards card for $49.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Congrats!

In Wake of Xbox Tomb Raider News, Sony Says It Doesn't Need to Buy Exclusivity

"Do we feel the need to go out and buy outright exclusivity? Probably not," Sony's Jim Ryan says.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/in-.../1100-6421727/

They have before, especially during the PS1 and PS2 days. Funnily enough, they bought Tomb Raider exclusivity to keep it away from Sega and Nintendo.

Also, I doubt they can now. Microsoft has much, MUCH more money at their disposal, and even with the massive success of the PS4, Sony is still having financial troubles. I'm assuming it costs a ton of money to lock up these fully exclusive/timed exclusive titles, and for Sony, it's probably just not worth it to them, especially with all their first party studios.

Why buy an exclusive game when you can just build your own?

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    They have before, especially during the PS1 and PS2 days. Funnily enough, they bought Tomb Raider exclusivity to keep it away from Sega and Nintendo.

Also, I doubt they can now. Microsoft has much, MUCH more money at their disposal, and even with the massive success of the PS4, Sony is still having financial troubles. I'm assuming it costs a ton of money to lock up these fully exclusive/timed exclusive titles, and for Sony, it's probably just not worth it to them, especially with all their first party studios.

Why buy an exclusive game when you can just build your own?
    Good points. I remember GTA 3 was timed exclusive for the PS2.

I must say, this PS4 is really SWEET! I was playing MLB The Show on my 32" LCD t.v./monitor. I had it hooked up HDMI but noticed the t.v. only displays in 720p.

I hooked the PS4 up to my 28" HDMI tv and HOLY COW! It displays the game in 1080p and the game looks FREAKING AWESOME!

The Show is really good. I'm not much of a baseball follower in real time but the graphics and game play are really good. I played my first full game tonight, on beginner settings and one pitch I threw was tipped and it hit the umpire in the face, dropped him to a knee I was like WOAH!

I also used my Gamestop Power Up points for their coupons and bought The Last Of Us Remade (used) and Legos Marvel (used). I was able to get TLOU for $20 and Lego Mavel for $15 with my coupons.

If you like pool, and have PS+ get Pure Pool, it's only $9. If you don't have PS+, it's still only $13 I think.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If you like pool, and have PS+ get Pure Pool, it's only $9. If you don't have PS+, it's still only $13 I think.
    Yeah. It's fun.

Btw, JB, we need to shoot some pool some time (no ***).

Plus let's not forget both pinball games.

TOTALLY AWESOME, I was looking at the PS+ store and noticed some of these games, I don't want to go nuts and download/buy a bunch but they sure look great. It's cool they make a good pool game, this saves me from wanting to buy a pool table in real life, not to mention we have zero space for it.

Is there a good chess game? EDIT, in doing a search online, I see Pure Chess looks like a good one, everyone says the online or lack there of, makes it not good. Waiting on the PSN store to come back up to see how much it costs.

EDIT: ahhhhhh well boo for the short minute, I went to the playstation network on my PC wanting to browse games but it's not working. I forgot, I call Sony earlier today, I wanted to know how to register my PS4 for the warranty. The machine didn't come with a registration card and when you go online it says for PS4 online registration is coming soon. They (Sony) told me that since the PS4 has only been out since Nov 2013 all playstations sold are covered by the 1 year warranty which can be proved by your receipt. He said the online registration/warranty will go live after Nov 2014.

Morale of the story, when I called the Sony 800 # (which is anyone wants it, 800-345-7669) they had an automated message stating the playstation network was down, they are aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

Looks like Pure Pool will have to wait, it does look a little better than Hustle Kings, seems like the reviews I read on Hustle Kings, it's more about trick shots and less about my type of pool, "beginner pool".
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 08-15-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Yeah. It's fun.

Btw, JB, we need to shoot some pool some time (no ***).
    Definitely, would be fun to sit there and bullshit a 9-ball session.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Plus let's not forget both pinball games.
    Oh yeah. I own every table on both. Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball Arcade.
    The dude abides.