Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Knock on wood... I have had no issues and have been blow away with how good and quick the PS4 works. Getting onto PSN takes less than a second; continuing games from any points is awesome; sharing feature, is very original... I thought it was dumb but now I am addicted to see what others are doing (eg. CDJ and NBA Live...).

Congrats are in order on an wildly successful launch!

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Oh god not the trophy crap again. They should just get rid of achievements and trophies together.
    You should be placed in a "think tank" and assure that nobody would drown.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Why? What harm do they do? For those of us who like trophies and achievements, it's extra stuff for us to aim for in our games. For those like you who hate them, just ignore them. Is it that difficult?
    Achievement is only for those that achieve smooth

I've only tried Madden & BF4 (PS3) but both come back unrecognized.

Ugh, definitely glad I'm waiting on a PS4 until at least next winter. While a lot of these issues may be relatively isolated in regards to the overall picture of the release, all these remarks of issues isn't exactly filling me with confidence at the moment. Now I just have to hope things are the same when the Xbox One releases on Friday.

On the first day my "what's new" type was working just fine. Yesterday it didn't load at all. Did PSN turn this off due to high demand??? I haven't checked today because it's "Raider-nation time." Has anyone else had this issue? When it works it's a great feature.

You're not out of the woods yet, Smooth. The overwhelming majority of problems I've seen have been on systems purchased from Amazon. *Knocks on wood* Mine has been working fine so far, but if Amazon packaged every system like they did mine, I can understand why a lot of them are having problems. They put the system in a box that was at least 3 times it's height, no padding or anything on the bottom, and then one thin line of air packets at the top of the system, which literally did nothing.

I'm not saying it's Amazon's fault for all the broken consoles, but you have to admit, it's kind of odd most of the problems arise from their stock especially when you consider how poorly they were packaged. I voiced my complaint to their customer service, but I doubt it goes anywhere. With the way it was packaged, I'm kind of shocked mine didn't have problems.

G's problem sounds like a faulty bluray drive to me. I had several of those go bad on my PS3s. Bummer.

Oh one other thing I forgot to mention. I figured out the psn app. issue. I could not find my psn on my phone or ipad. Even though all of my devices are in the same network my phone and ipad are running a 5mhz connection. The ps4 just like the ps3 doesn't recognize it. I changed my phone and ipad wifi down to the 2.8 and my ps4 was found.

You're not out of the woods yet, Smooth. The overwhelming majority of problems I've seen have been on systems purchased from Amazon. *Knocks on wood* Mine has been working fine so far, but if Amazon packaged every system like they did mine, I can understand why a lot of them are having problems. They put the system in a box that was at least 3 times it's height, no padding or anything on the bottom, and then one thin line of air packets at the top of the system, which literally did nothing.

I'm not saying it's Amazon's fault for all the broken consoles, but you have to admit, it's kind of odd most of the problems arise from their stock especially when you consider how poorly they were packaged. I voiced my complaint to their customer service, but I doubt it goes anywhere. With the way it was packaged, I'm kind of shocked mine didn't have problems.

G's problem sounds like a faulty bluray drive to me. I had several of those go bad on my PS3s. Bummer.
    I think that packing is universal. I purchased through Best Buy Canada and same thing: a giant box with a sheet of gray paper above the ps4 with the ps4 on the bottom. Funny enough my wife said when it was delivered by Canada Post, the entire truck was filled with them. The mail carrier's job that day was to deliver all the ps4's in my local community.

Ah Christ. That certainly doesn't fill me with confidence for Friday afternoon.

Ah Christ. That certainly doesn't fill me with confidence for Friday afternoon.
    I'll go ahead and really scare the shit out of you. My exact packaging from Amazon:

Last edited by I OU a Beatn; 11-17-2013 at 01:16 PM.

The pic's not showing up. Just shows a broken image icon.

Hmm, it was showing up for me. How about now?

Oh sweet sunny Jesus.

What dumbass packaged that!?

Oh sweet sunny Jesus.

What dumbass packaged that!?
    The scary thing is if you check the thread over on NeoGAF, it seems that most of the systems were packaged that way at Amazon. Truly just dumb as hell.

The scary thing is if you check the thread over on NeoGAF, it seems that most of the systems were packaged that way at Amazon. Truly just dumb as hell.

When the hell did Amazon get taken over by idiots? I have never had issues with Amazon and their packaging. There have been occasions when the box was a little bigger than it needed to be, but they at least packed it sufficiently with foam and other stuff to protect the products inside. THAT isn't even trying.

When the hell did Amazon get taken over by idiots? I have never had issues with Amazon and their packaging. There have been occasions when the box was a little bigger than it needed to be, but they at least packed it sufficiently with foam and other stuff to protect the products inside. THAT isn't even trying.
    Yeah, same here. I'm guessing they had so many systems to get out in such a short amount of time and they just threw it together like a bunch of gorillas. Like I said, I'm guessing THAT is why so many people who got their systems from Amazon have had them brick or not work right out of the box. If you look on Amazon, the system is averaging a 3.7 review right now, with 500+ giving it a 1 star review due to it being dead on arrival or breaking shortly after. However, if you look on somewhere like GS, it's currently rated a 9/10. Obviously I can't prove that it's Amazon's fault, but it definitely makes you wonder.

Crap. Well, I guess I'll be given my system a workout next weekend to make sure that it works and won't brick right away on me.