Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    I would be interested in seeing any reliable stats as well. I know I've been very paranoid with my Xbox One. Between some of the Ones that got bricked in the first day or two after release, plus all the stories with Ones and PS4s when it comes to being in sleep mode with the power going out or other issues. I've been WAY more protective of my Xbox One than I ever have been of my 360.

Granted, my 360, I got in 2009, so it had already been out for multiple years, with multiple newer and improved editions released along the way, making it a better and more stable console. My One being a release day console, with no prior consumer testing or chances for MS to fix any issues discovered post-release, I have been extremely catious, careful and protective of my console this time around.

I just hope my luck won't run out. My PS2 has never had an issue. I could leave that bitch running for a month straight and it would keep working 100% perfectly like a champ. Same with my original Xbox. My 360, the first one had its disk drive start to stick and go bad after two years, but my 360 slim has worked perfectly ever since I got it. So far, the One has been working fine for me. I just don't want to tempt fate.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 12-30-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Hard for those xb1's to fail setting on retail shelves

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Hard for those xb1's to fail setting on retail shelves
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Part joke part serious. My local Target electronics guys tell me that the ps4 moves within minutes and while the xb1 case has 5 or 6 in it. They say "no comparison" in demand.

Xbox is just doing a much better job of keeping stores stocked. Every store around here has multiples of them. Meanwhile, no PS4s to be found. I'm sure PS4 is outselling it, but it's not outselling it to that degree.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Xbox is just doing a much better job of keeping stores stocked. Every store around here has multiples of them. Meanwhile, no PS4s to be found. I'm sure PS4 is outselling it, but it's not outselling it to that degree.

BTW these retailers are telling me they sell the ps4's within minutes of getting them, xbox not as much.

They are. All the guys I've talked to say they get multiple shipments of Xbox One a week. Meanwhile, they're lucky if they get one a week from Sony. It's not entirely due demand. Of all the Xbox One systems I've seen in stores, if it was based purely on demand, Sony would be outselling them 10:1 and that definitely isn't the case (all the reports I've read so far are around 1.5:1).

Whatever the issue, I wish Sony would clear it the hell up. I've got Best Buy credit to burn and I'd really like to get another.

My guess is MS is trying to defend home turn and thus sending virtually ALL of their consoles to the U.S. to defend against PS4. Meanwhile Sony is shipping to the EU, etc.... now as well as the U.S.

PS4 prob 60/40 or so in the US and then dominating every where else.

Just racked up nearly 68 million in Resogun which is good for the 944th best score in the world completed the game with no continues on experiences actually screwed up quite a bit. I think I'm going to go for the lat: in this one. Just need to use the other ships now and complete one level on the ridiculously hard difficulty and beat the game on hard.

For the time being I would advise people to use the ps3 Netflix over the ps4. Second time in a week I had a full system freeze. This time I had to disconnect and when the ps4 re-started it went into safe mode and ran a system check.

Well I finished off the in Resogun (except this time I actually played it) Really an excellent little indie game.

I'm not using any apps on PS4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Playing Battlefield and the match just begins. I immediately get killed as I spawn 5 feet to left of an enemy, so I go to create a video to showcase the wonderful quality of the game. I get everything set and go to the video to edit it. It recorded a game from about 45 minutes earlier.

<3 "Next gen."

I've tried to use the built in video capture and editor about 10 times so far and it's messed up every single time. Really bummed at how many of the features don't work consistently on both systems.

No wonder 3DS outsold PS4 (according to the former attorney's posted numbers).

I've gotten the share feature to work perfectly for video and pictures, but I have only used it 3 or 4 times.

For some reason my downloads are going slow considering I have 25 megs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

I would like to be able to share videos and pictures with my friends list, but that apparently is only open to Facebook members.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    I would like to be able to share videos and pictures with my friends list, but that apparently is only open to Facebook members.
    Wow. Really? That is ***.

So far, next gen has taken away features I use on last gen and added shit that is broken, that I won't use, or that I refuse to use (Facebook). Color me unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Wow. Really? That is ***.

So far, next gen has taken away features I use on last gen and added shit that is broken, that I won't use, or that I refuse to use (Facebook). Color me unimpressed.
    Like Stan, I would use the in-game video feature but I do not want to put it on Facebook. It's one of the reasons I purchased the elgato for video. I'd rather Facebook have as little of my info as possible.

I don't (completely) mind putting photos on Twitter, but would rather be able to share with friends like HAM said. I'm hopeful a future firmware update adds that and am disappointed/perplexed they went the current route.

Along that route, the 'activity stream' is pretty lame IMO. If it allowed comments it would be improved, but it gets old seeing that UserX played GameY in 80+% of the stream....and the only interaction is to give a thumbs up.