Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    yuck. any idea when/if a playstation app might be added to it? everything i've read about the tablet is nice and basically the only problem is this stupid app issue for ONE app.
    I haven't seen any mention of it being in development for Kindle, so it's really hard to say whether it'll come to Kindle eventually or not. I will say this - there are a metric TON of apps that are available on Android and never make it to Kindle, so the potential for it never coming to Kindle is definitely there.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I haven't seen any mention of it being in development for Kindle, so it's really hard to say whether it'll come to Kindle eventually or not. I will say this - there are a metric TON of apps that are available on Android and never make it to Kindle, so the potential for it never coming to Kindle is definitely there.
    Oh well I still have my phone and my wife has an IPad so its not that big of a deal. Definitely better to just "suck it up" than to return a Christmas gift from my wife.

I have had mixed success with the PS4 app on Ipad. Usually I cannot connect to the PS store. However, on my android phone I connect all the time.

Anyone having issues with the PSN network? I keep getting error messages when I try to check friends, etc.... tried hopping on madden to play some MUT and got some weird error message as well.

Yes. Down for me on PS4 but not PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    Yes. Down for me on PS4 but not PS3.
    Well at least it isn't just me.

They're having problems. I couldn't get on, either.

They're having problems. I couldn't get on, either.
    yeah from what i gather it is sever overload issues. however, reading the comments on the official PS forums and/or twitter just re-confirms the fact that the U.S. is soon doomed to be nothing more than a 3rd world country.

Yeah it sucked, but at least I could play Battlefield, but it screwed up MyPlayer on 2K.
    The dude abides.

Scary moment last night. The wife and I were watching Netflix on PS4 and all of a sudden the screen went black and the system shut down completely. I tried to reboot from the controller and all my controller would do is flash light blue. Finally on the third attempt from pushing start on the console, it booted up again. I may have lost a few years off my life...???...

I'm still playing DVDs or streaming on PS3 or 360. Those hours add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    I'm still playing DVDs or streaming on PS3 or 360. Those hours add up.
    Yeah I'm not running apps at all on PS4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Trying to find a second PS4 and I have a decent amount of credit at Best Buy, so I call there to check on stock at my local store. "Sorry, we don't give out stock info over the phone on the PS4, you have to come in the store."

Uh...why?

Trying to find a second PS4 and I have a decent amount of credit at Best Buy, so I call there to check on stock at my local store. "Sorry, we don't give out stock info over the phone on the PS4, you have to come in the store."

Uh...why?
    I despise Best Buy but my local one says they are sold out FYI but they do have "many" XB1's.

Yep, they had about 20 Xbox Ones and no PS4s. Bummer, I guess I'll just have to keep a watch online and try to nab one that way. No way I'm paying anything above retail.

I signed on last night just to watch a Blu-ray, but went back to PS3 when there was an issue (BR related) with it hanging up upon connecting online.

After shutting down the console and going to the PS3, I noticed a flashing white light on the Ps4 console. I assumed I had left it on standby or some other user miscue and it was indicating a message or something.

Following the movie, I tried to start the PS4 with no luck. Finally, holding the power for 7-10 seconds shut it off. On restart, I got a message that I should not unplug the power when in standby and it did some sort of storage check. The system then started up correctly. I may have been imagining things, but it seemed like that shutdown (while working properly) took longer than usual -- though that may have been just in my mind (paranoia).

In a very quick online search, this issue (flashing white light) seems related to issues with a swapped HD, but I am still with original HD and have not changed it or anything. I'm beginning to fear something is going on with my console.

I wouldn't worry. I've had the same thing happen 1 or 2 times and mine's still working fine. I'm hoping future firmware updates make it a lot more stable. My eject button also doesn't want to work sometimes.

I wouldn't worry. I've had the same thing happen 1 or 2 times and mine's still working fine. I'm hoping future firmware updates make it a lot more stable. My eject button also doesn't want to work sometimes.
    I hope you're right. The system worked fine Saturday night, so I probably shouldn't be too worried. However, there were enough issues at launch to make me paranoid when odd things happen.

I must be lucky with Sony and their consoles. PS1, PS2, PS3 all lasted the entire generation. So far so good with PS4.

Are there any reliable statistics out there about the failure rates of the new consoles (Sony and MS)?

It seems to me that the PS4 is failing more than the XB1 but that may be because I pay more attention to the PS4.