Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    I am really surprised by the number of PS4 games that Amazon is selling for less than $60.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Sony Promises 'Epic' Announcements, 'Can't Wait for E3'

Some "stuff still under wraps," Sony says.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/...nt-wait-for-e3
    They need it. They literally have nothing revealed in the second half of next year to my knowledge, and their exclusives on PS4 are lacking. The only ones confirmed for next year are Second Son and The Order, which I'm pretty sure are both confirmed for the first half of the year. Maybe Uncharted 4 is their big fall 2014 game. I don't know, but with two enormous exclusives in the other camp releasing next year, I hope they have something other than Uncharted planned for next year.

We know Santa Monica and Guerrilla Games are both working on new IPs, show 'em off!

Naughty Dog hinted several things coming at the beginning of 2014 to celebrate their 15th anniversary and with the Crash Bandicoot site going down and reportedly being bought back by Sony, it kind of seems like they're doing another Crash game. I'm personally lukewarm on the thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    They need it. They literally have nothing revealed in the second half of next year to my knowledge, and their exclusives on PS4 are lacking. The only ones confirmed for next year are Second Son and The Order, which I'm pretty sure are both confirmed for the first half of the year. Maybe Uncharted 4 is their big fall 2014 game. I don't know, but with two enormous exclusives in the other camp releasing next year, I hope they have something other than Uncharted planned for next year.

We know Santa Monica and Guerrilla Games are both working on new IPs, show 'em off!

Naughty Dog hinted several things coming at the beginning of 2014 to celebrate their 15th anniversary and with the Crash Bandicoot site going down and reportedly being bought back by Sony, it kind of seems like they're doing another Crash game. I'm personally lukewarm on the thought of that.

I doubt UC gets released in 2014. My guess its an early 2015 game. I figured The Order was their big fall game but maybe i missed a release day announcement.

All the other ones were released in October/November, so I'm guessing they'll stick to tradition. I don't know how far along it is, but I'm guessing since they have 2 development teams that by the time November rolls around, it'll be at least 2 years into development, so it's possible.

The Order is targeting fall, but who knows if that gets released on time. It's a studio developing a major console for the first time and it looks pretty ambitious to me. It's one of my more anticipated games so the sooner it comes out the better.

I'm mostly interested in what Santa Monica is up to. They're a 2 or 3 game studio and it's the worst kept secret that they're working on a new IP. I'm sure they've got God of War brewing within in some capacity, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Traded both in at Gamestop for $40 each. Not bad after paying that for them during Target's sale.
    That's really good considering that Amazon is selling AC4 new for $49.

Knack is $40 at Kmart

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Knack is $40 at Kmart

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    Good solid game. Played through once. Going to probably go for the too at some point but right now I'm addicted to 2K14. I also need to get into AC IV. LOL so..... many good games on PS4

It'll drop fast. $10 is my price point. I've also heard it's a huge grind for the platinum trophy, so I probably wont be going after that when I do get it.

Messed around this weekend with Resogun and figured a few things out. Got a new all-time high for me and 1,500 something in the world. Game is just addictive I'll probably be playing that game until PS5 comes out.

Messed around this weekend with Resogun and figured a few things out. Got a new all-time high for me and 1,500 something in the world. Game is just addictive I'll probably be playing that game until PS5 comes out.
    I need to play that some more. I love it. It's like Super Stardust and Defender combined.
    The dude abides.

Who's the moron that came up with the conspiracy theory that either Sony and/or MS is holding back stock during the holiday season?

Its simply a supply side problem right now for both consoles as I'm sure both Sony and MS are cranking them out as fast as they can b/c this is the peak consumer spending season.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/...ortage-is-real

Sounds like something you would accuse Microsoft of doing.

I've tried really hard to get into Resogun, but I can't. I don't hate it, I just find it boring. I never liked Super Stardust, either, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it isn't my thing. I wish they would do a Dead Nation 2, though. It amazes me that it hasn't been done yet.

Sounds like something you would accuse Microsoft of doing.

I've tried really hard to get into Resogun, but I can't. I don't hate it, I just find it boring. I never liked Super Stardust, either, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it isn't my thing. I wish they would do a Dead Nation 2, though. It amazes me that it hasn't been done yet.
    MS be dumb (see rollout/DRM) but they ain't stupid.

You might try to hold back stock before the holiday season to create a buzz and increase demand and then unleash all your stock in the holiday season to try to increase sales. However, there is just no way in hell any business person holds back stock during the holiday season. After Christmas, the demand will automatically go down and then your supply goes up. That's just silly.

I've heard the PS4 blu-ray capabilties weren't that great and that seems correct. Trying to watch a BR tonight, it wouldn't load the actual movie on PS4 - one time the screen even went into a shade of pink - but it worked perfectly on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    one time the screen even went into a shade of pink
    What kind of movie was it?

Anyone know if the Kindle Fire HDX has the PS app and/or how to get it on the tablet?

Not unless you root it. Amazon tablets use their own stores and do not have nearly the amount of apps available on Android/iOS tablets. If you root it, then I'm sure you could get it on there somehow.

Not unless you root it. Amazon tablets use their own stores and do not have nearly the amount of apps available on Android/iOS tablets. If you root it, then I'm sure you could get it on there somehow.
    LOL ok how easy would it be to "root it"

LOL ok how easy would it be to "root it"
    Instructions for the 8.9"

That shows you how to root it. After that, you'd have to download/flash a custom OS that allows for Google Play downloads. I'm sure that information is somewhere on that same site as well. If you've never rooted a phone or tablet before, it can be a little intimidating (considering a screw up can brick your device), but it's really not all that bad.

Instructions for the 8.9"

That shows you how to root it. After that, you'd have to download/flash a custom OS that allows for Google Play downloads. I'm sure that information is somewhere on that same site as well. If you've never rooted a phone or tablet before, it can be a little intimidating (considering a screw up can brick your device), but it's really not all that bad.
    yuck. any idea when/if a playstation app might be added to it? everything i've read about the tablet is nice and basically the only problem is this stupid app issue for ONE app.