Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1763

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Canada: JBFHBPJL8H

Spotify coming to PlayStation, ending Sony's Music Unlimited

Spotify and PlayStation are teaming up to deliver a new service called PlayStation Music, which will come to PlayStation Network this spring.

The new service will close down PlayStation's old offering, Music Unlimited, on March 29. PlayStation users may then link their accounts to Spotify and play its free, ad-supported streaming music or its $10-per-month premium service that runs ad-free and is playable offline.

Eric Lempel, the vice president for Sony Network Entertainment, announced the partnership on PlayStation blog, mentioning that Spotify's music will be playable in the background of other gaming sessions. More features will be announced later.

The service will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Sony's Xperia smartphones and tablets. No mention was made of PlayStation Vita.

Music Unlimited currently is available in 19 countries, and it will shut down March 29. "Nearly all" of those 19 countries will be in the 41 markets where PlayStation Music will launch. A specific launch date was not given; Lempel said it would happen "this spring."

Current Music Unlimited subscribers will receive a free month of access from Feb. 28 to March 29.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Spotify coming to PlayStation, ending Sony's Music Unlimited

Spotify and PlayStation are teaming up to deliver a new service called PlayStation Music, which will come to PlayStation Network this spring.

The new service will close down PlayStation's old offering, Music Unlimited, on March 29. PlayStation users may then link their accounts to Spotify and play its free, ad-supported streaming music or its $10-per-month premium service that runs ad-free and is playable offline.

Eric Lempel, the vice president for Sony Network Entertainment, announced the partnership on PlayStation blog, mentioning that Spotify's music will be playable in the background of other gaming sessions. More features will be announced later.

The service will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Sony's Xperia smartphones and tablets. No mention was made of PlayStation Vita.

Music Unlimited currently is available in 19 countries, and it will shut down March 29. "Nearly all" of those 19 countries will be in the 41 markets where PlayStation Music will launch. A specific launch date was not given; Lempel said it would happen "this spring."

Current Music Unlimited subscribers will receive a free month of access from Feb. 28 to March 29.
    Nice.

Why You Should Buy a PlayStation 4 in 2015

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why.../1100-6425016/

I already bought one in 2014.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Why You Should Buy a PlayStation 4 in 2015

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why.../1100-6425016/
    It's a heavily biased article to say the least. I love my PS4 but as an owner of both systems it's actually the PS4 that is currently too light on features and content. Let's hope for Sony the following year is a good one.. full of major titles with a significant decline in all these indy titles.

Risk got released yesterday on PS Store for $14.99 on PS4. IF we had several here that would play online I'll pick it up. Otherwise I'll just wait for a price drop.

Got everything fully transferred and updated last night with the 2TB HDD. It's slightly tedious as copying save files and transferring to the new HDD you have to do it game by game; which is annoying. Re-downloading all digital games, plus all the updates to the games is another PITA. At least the disc install of the games is quick and you can just swap them in and out while things are updating.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Got everything fully transferred and updated last night with the 2TB HDD. It's slightly tedious as copying save files and transferring to the new HDD you have to do it game by game; which is annoying. Re-downloading all digital games, plus all the updates to the games is another PITA. At least the disc install of the games is quick and you can just swap them in and out while things are updating.
    I personally waiting to see how this new 3rd party thing works out with the 3.5" HDD.

I personally waiting to see how this new 3rd party thing works out with the 3.5" HDD.
    I didn't have time to wait.
    The dude abides.

Risk got released yesterday on PS Store for $14.99 on PS4. IF we had several here that would play online I'll pick it up. Otherwise I'll just wait for a price drop.
    I'll have to look at that game. I played alot of Risk Factions on PS3 and enjoyed it. If this game looks to be as good, or better, I'll definitely buy it.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'll have to look at that game. I played alot of Risk Factions on PS3 and enjoyed it. If this game looks to be as good, or better, I'll definitely buy it.

#TheScriptIsDead
    Is this from Ubisoft? They just released a Monopoly on PS4 and it was meh compared to the EA version.

I've never been a Risk player, but could learn. Let me know if you get it and it's good.
    The dude abides.

Yeah, it's from Ubisoft.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

#TheScriptIsDead
    Same here. The problem is replayability after playing the CPU a few times it gets boring. Now if we had a small TGT Risk group here to play online every once in awhile I'd buy it right now in a heart beat.

Might not be a bad TGT Gaming Night game to chat and play some Risk.

Same here. The problem is replayability after playing the CPU a few times it gets boring. Now if we had a small TGT Risk group here to play online every once in awhile I'd buy it right now in a heart beat.

Might not be a bad TGT Gaming Night game to chat and play some Risk.
    PS4 party chat makes it even better.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    PS4 party chat makes it even better.
    Yep we could (in theory) have multiple games going but still be able to chat with everyone.

I would be interested in Risk as well. Party chat would be mandatory. The only thing is the time... if it's anything like the boargame we may be looking at 3-6 hour time commitments per match. That may be tough for you central/east coast guys???

Well looks like we have several potentially interested - if we get a few definite yes votes I'll pick it up and we can setup a Risk thread here to setup some days/times that works for everyone. Late night is fine with me and anytime on the weekends.