Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1763

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I just logged on. I see that Rudy and Paakaa are on too.

I #TrustTheScript
    That was my son lol but we have been fortunate for a lot of today. My brother not so much and he is pissed off but it's partially his own fault. I told him to download Destiny and set everything up before Christmas since some of these downloads take awhile and he didn't listen. He still hasn't even downloaded Destiny although he's been at his in laws a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That was my son lol but we have been fortunate for a lot of today. My brother not so much and he is pissed off but it's partially his own fault. I told him to download Destiny and set everything up before Christmas since some of these downloads take awhile and he didn't listen. He still hasn't even downloaded Destiny although he's been at his in laws a lot.
    Yes, your brother has made a terrible mistake. Being married is soul-destroying.

I #TrustTheScript

I'm just going to go with a 2TB 2.5" SATA. I tried the extension with an enclosure, but couldn't get around the cage. Didn't want to cut it up either.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

10% discount on your next purchase on psn and extended time for Christmas outage.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=buffer

If there is anyone out there that wants to upgrade their PS4 HDD, but doesn't play a ton of stuff like I do, I'll sell my 1TB HDD I've used since the launch of the PS4.

I'll send it to you for $50 shipped.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If there is anyone out there that wants to upgrade their PS4 HDD, but doesn't play a ton of stuff like I do, I'll sell my 1TB HDD I've used since the launch of the PS4.

I'll send it to you for $50 shipped.
    I'm interested, can you tell me more about it? Do I just hook it up USB and transfer data or does it consist of more like opening up the machine and hooking things up?

Does adding this extra hd do anything to void the warranty?

Thank you,
    Gus

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I'm interested, can you tell me more about it? Do I just hook it up USB and transfer data or does it consist of more like opening up the machine and hooking things up?

Thank you,
    Gus
    You open up the machine. It's pretty simple actually. Don't think it voids the warranty, but keep the old hard drive in case.

The dude abides.

Thank you,
    Gus

You may also need an external drive to transfer your files to first to reload on the "new" JB hdd.

A flash drive will work. You can't back up full downloads on the PS4, only the game saves. You'll have to re-download everything.
    The dude abides.

That is awesome. Definitely an option down the road.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That is awesome. Definitely an option down the road.
    Yep basically solves the problem of having to follow that youtube video with a 6 TB HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yep basically solves the problem of having to follow that youtube video with a 6 TB HDD.
    Yeah I gave up on that and returned everything. Just going with the 2TB 2.5" SATA for now.

The dude abides.

If the Nyko device is $40, and a 2TB 3.5" SATA is around $65, you're saving about $10. I just paid $115 for a 2TB 2.5" SATA.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The value is at 3 TB or greater as those don't exists on 2.5" SATA's yet.
    The dude abides.

Question, has anyone come close to using this space?

I know this is more of an issue over on XBOX 1 as it seems to have a smaller HD, however reading online it says you should be able to put on average 20 games on the xbox 1 before the space is used up...at $60 per game times 20 that's a lot of money in just games. I own 7 xbox 1 games, I'm not sure there are 13 others out there that I'm interested in. I seem to have a bunch of HD space left.

My PS4, I have 12 games and still have a bunch of HD space left.

I see videos about adding things like a 5TB external to the XBOX 1, do you really need that much space? If you owned every XBOX 1 title you'd still have a boat load of space...isn't 5TB overkill?

Question, has anyone come close to using this space?

I know this is more of an issue over on XBOX 1 as it seems to have a smaller HD, however reading online it says you should be able to put on average 20 games on the xbox 1 before the space is used up...at $60 per game times 20 that's a lot of money in just games. I own 7 xbox 1 games, I'm not sure there are 13 others out there that I'm interested in. I seem to have a bunch of HD space left.

My PS4, I have 12 games and still have a bunch of HD space left.

I see videos about adding things like a 5TB external to the XBOX 1, do you really need that much space? If you owned every XBOX 1 title you'd still have a boat load of space...isn't 5TB overkill?
    It depends on if you are PS+ subscriber and if you download all the games or not. I download all the free games each month and buy the occassional digital only title (although more of them recently) and I'm already at 50% of my 1 TB. Basically, I would have filled the hdd that the PS4 came with.

However, if you don't download/play digital titles much you are probably fine for quite a long time.

Some games take up over 40 GB and we don't get the full 500 GB to start with. The size of the hard drive was a non-issue for me with the PS3 but with the mandatory game installs to the HDD I can see how this can add up. I don't think I have a lot of games but with demos and what I do have I have used up almost 350 GB already on my hard drive. I can easily delete some of the games I don't play and just add them back later if I want but some people may be limited on their bandwidth too. I can definitely see upgrading the PS4 HDD as being far more valuable than the PS3.