Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

Please use this thread to ask questions or post general comments about the PlayStation 4.

Feel free to post links to videos, live streams, articles, etc. from around the web here.

UPDATE - Common PS4 Error Codes

Error Code Description Action
    CE-33179-3 Application is not found. Retry after the installation is completed.
    Installation of Add-Ons fails until the installation of application installation is complete.
    CE-33991-5 Get the status of the non HTTP_GET_200 in Internet connection. Retry Internet Connection test.
    CE-34788-0 This update file cannot be used. Connect a USB storage device that contains an update file for reinstallation for version 1.50 or later. Delete the Update file from the USB storage device, and replace it with the update for reinstallation found from this page.
    CE-34878-0 Application has crashed. Restart the application in the content area.
    NW-31484-0 DNS server not specified. Restart the PS4 system.
    NW-31367-0 Could not open wireless device. Restart the PS4 system.
    NW-31453-6 Delayed server response. Try Internet connection test at [Settings] > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection]. Check that the internet status is valid.
    NW-31194-8 Connection was reset. Restart the PS4 system.
    E-8200002E The credit card information is not valid. Remove credit card from account, and then re-enter the credit card information.
    Refer to Add / Remove Billing Information.
    E-82000102 Server returned "Unknown Error" Try again. If the error happens on PS Store, close the store and retry. If the error persists, exit store and Sign-out and Sign-in to PSN at [Settings] > [PSN].
    Last edited by cdj; 11-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Question for you IT experts: What kind of upload speeds do you need for a decent stream on Ustream/Twitch on PS4.

My AT&T Uverse is usually 12 Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload.

Also, I previously had better download speeds but the upload speeds has always been around 1.5. Should I consider switching ISPs?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Question for you IT experts: What kind of upload speeds do you need for a decent stream on Ustream/Twitch on PS4.

My AT&T Uverse is usually 12 Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload.

Also, I previously had better download speeds but the upload speeds has always been around 1.5. Should I consider switching ISPs?
    If you don't have atleast this I wouldn't bother

Joking, you should be ok to use that upload. Just depends on the stream settings used. I'm sure the PS4 compresses it.

I was doing pretty good 480p with a 500kb upload while playing games online. Not sure if PS4 will let you set the cap but if so, I'd set it at half anytime you're playing online.

You won't be able to stream 720p with 1.5mb upload but you can certainly get a clear 480p picture.

Greatness has arrived along with all my games from Amazon! Dick around for an hour here and get my downloads started (it did the 308 MB update in about 30 seconds), endure an hour of class, and I'll be all set.

Let us know how they are Beatn. we'll be waiting for an impression later.

Nice to see online passes still are alive and kicking.

Looks like I'm not going to be able to start my downloads, either. Says it's under maintenance when I try to log in.

Question

Is there a way around to not putting your credit card info in to get the free 30 days of PlayStation Plus? After all of the hacking that's went on over the years, there's no way i'm putting my info into the system.

Network is hardcore bugging out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Network is hardcore bugging out right now.
    As to be expected on launch day. Millions of people across america is logging on right now and trying to play.

I'm having an amazingly difficult time just finding routine stuff. How to pause downloads, access your download list of games you've already purchased, etc... Driving me nuts.

EDIT: Blacklight: Retribution is a launch title? Oh hell yeah.

Huge fan of the controller. It looks and feels great. I was surprised how much heavier it felt but it's a great size and well spaced.

Bunch of people in a thread over at NeoGAF are reporting those problems I reported earlier. Same thing in a thread on the official PS forums. Knock on wood - mine has been fine so far in that regard.

I won't be able to try until later in the weekend but has anyone tried ESPN3 through the browser?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I won't be able to try until later in the weekend but has anyone tried ESPN3 through the browser?
    Says "insufficient flash player requirements."

I was able to get system set up, latest FW installed, and synced up my phone with no problems at all. (Knock on wood.)

G - Needs Flash upgrade, so no dice.

cannot get the phone synced to the ps4. Phone won't read the ps4 and I'm not sure why?

I'm really hoping I'm wrong and I just haven't figured out how yet, but can you seriously not pause downloads?

I'm really not impressed by the OS so far. I mean, really not. I can't figure out how to do basic things and am beginning to think that that particular stuff just isn't there period. The installation process for how it installs games digitally is also super annoying, and from what I've read, it's the same way for disc installs. Hell, it doesn't even work at all right now. I click install and it just sits there spinning it's circle until I cancel out of it.

Seriously, though, does anyone know how to pause downloads? How about access download lists of all your purchased items? I mean, they HAVE to have those things..................right?

Guys, can I play offline under profile one and if/when psn comes online will it then sync to play with psn profile?? Or should I just bag it today Will I lose any trophies

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Guys, can I play offline under profile one and if/when psn comes online will it then sync to play with psn profile?? Or should I just bag it today Will I lose any trophies
    It will sync all your progress and trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Still cannot get onto the PS Store. Anyone know what demos are available???
    There's no demo section from what I can see(WTF?), but if you check the online store via their web site, it says demo is available for Trine 2 and FIFA 14.