Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1763

Thread: PlayStation 4 - Questions & General Comments on Console

• Facebook
  • Display
    I’ve just played a little HZD and NBA 2K on the Pro. Gotta say I’m disappointed. I thought it would be better looking than what I’m seeing. I have a cheaper 65” LG 4K downstairs. I was hoping for something more noticeable. To be fair to HZD I was playing at night in the snow and that never looks as good. Maybe I haven’t set the settings up right.

I think turning HDR off makes things better. I think it’s better on RDR with it off and I think it’s way better in NBA 2k19 with it off. Everything is brighter and more colourful. I don’t care if it isn’t realistic but my eye likes it better off. I wish each game had specific settings to toggle on and off though. 2k doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I think turning HDR off makes things better. I think it’s better on RDR with it off and I think it’s way better in NBA 2k19 with it off. Everything is brighter and more colourful. I don’t care if it isn’t realistic but my eye likes it better off. I wish each game had specific settings to toggle on and off though. 2k doesn’t.
    Whatever makes you happy, my guy. That’s all that matters. I didn’t realize how great Mass Effect Andromeda looked on the Pro until I bought a copy to play on my Xbox One S. The difference was so stark that it led me to buy an M Cable for my Xbox. It made a big difference but it still looks far superior on my PS4 Jet Engine Edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both my HDMI cables (one to VR box and then to TV) say fast speed HDMI. It could be that my TV isn’t an expensive one and may not HDR as well. But I’ve never liked videophile TV settings. While those guys talk about “true” colours I just want something pleasing to my eyes.

I’ve turned off HDR on the Pro settings and NBA 2K looks so much better. HZD is way better. Just great looking colours in the canyons. My son said COD looks a lot nicer. With HDR the colours were just dull and washed out. It works for me! Much happier now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Both my HDMI cables (one to VR box and then to TV) say fast speed HDMI. It could be that my TV isn’t an expensive one and may not HDR as well. But I’ve never liked videophile TV settings. While those guys talk about “true” colours I just want something pleasing to my eyes.

I’ve turned off HDR on the Pro settings and NBA 2K looks so much better. HZD is way better. Just great looking colours in the canyons. My son said COD looks a lot nicer. With HDR the colours were just dull and washed out. It works for me! Much happier now!
    There’s no set HDR standard so some people’s HDR is better than others and your mileage may vary.

I have a mid level 4k tv and a higher end 1080P. In all honesty in most games the 1080P older tv actually looks better.

Some great sales on PSN. GOW, Detroit, Creed VR. I bought GOW again and I want to see it on the Pro.

Kids are liking Creed VR.

I did rebuy GOW and the 4K option is nice. The game is definitely crisper on my 65” TV and I will probably try a NG+ game over the holidays. The frame rate is noticeably smoother on Performance mode but I think I will go Resolution. It’s sharp.

Kids are liking Creed VR.

I did rebuy GOW and the 4K option is nice. The game is definitely crisper on my 65” TV and I will probably try a NG+ game over the holidays. The frame rate is noticeably smoother on Performance mode but I think I will go Resolution. It’s sharp.

You can check how many hours you played last year along with your top games now. Pretty cool.
    https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/ca.../2018/wrap-up/

I played 386 hours and 4 were online lol. Longest gaming session was 3 hours. Almost scared to see what my son played.
    2K18 93 hours
    GOW 92 hours
    HZD 61 hours

My PSN info (screenshots)

Spoiler: show

916 hours (291 days) 42 games 541 trophies 7 Platinum

Holy MEA Batman! My longest gaming session was 3 hours. The average was just over 11.

Mine said my longest play session was 24 hours! I'm trying to remember what day I accidentally left the console on and which game open...

Sony and Seagate are putting out a 2 TB external HD for $90. However, you can get cheaper ones (or even larger ones at a more effective cost) online. The big difference is theirs has an official PlayStation logo on it.

Yeah, I got a 4 TB external drive for maybe an extra $30. I can't remember the exact cost as it's been a couple years. I'll have to look it up.

I found it in my old Amazon orders. It was 5 TB external drive that I got for $123 in March 2017. I have just about every PS4 game I have ever bought installed (it's gotta be well over 100 by now) and I probably still have another 2+ TB of free space left.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 01-31-2019 at 02:43 PM.

New PS4 firmware update 6.50 allows Remote Play on iOS devices (requires iOS 12.1 or later).

When I first heard this, I was hoping it was a bad joke. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be.

Very soon Sony will stop allowing physical retailers, such as GameStop, from selling codes to download digital versions of its games. Last week, the rumor circulated when @Wario64 acquired an internal memo stating that digital games will only be available straight from PSN and that physical retailers would only be able to sell add-on content, virtual currency, and codes for the PlayStation Network service.

This week, The Verge was able to confirm that this is indeed true. “As of April 1, 2019, Sony Interactive Entertainment will no longer offer full games through SIE’s Global Digital at Retail program,” said a PlayStation spokesperson. “This decision was made in order to continue to align key businesses globally. To support full games and premium editions, SIE will introduce increased denominations at select retailers. DLC, add-ons, virtual currency, and season passes will still be available.”

Technically, you can still buy games through stores like GameStop, you'll just need to buy codes for virtual currency and then spend them at Sony's online store.

Courtesy: Game Informer

In all honesty I’m not sure why any store would sell anything digitally. Maybe PS+ but game codes never made sense.

They make money off of them.
    Retailers like to make money.
    Digital purchasing continues to grow.
    Stores trying to keep digital only customers coming into their store and giving the customer an option to purchase a physical or digital copy.
    They still get to sell all other digital items like DLC, Currency, PSN, etc making this move even more confusing.
    Some people are still shy on giving their CC info to Sony and Microsoft, due to both being hacked in the past. I do not give either company my CC info.

Take your pick. Silly move by Sony but not shocking. Digital preorders allow you to buy exactly what you need, including applicable tax and are not left with excess funds that you get from buying a Currency card. So it''s pretty easy to see why Sony is going this route. It puts the emphasis on buying currency, for those not wishing to buy direct from Sony. Always leaving excess funds sitting there in the wallet. #4theplayers!
    Last edited by bdoughty; 03-28-2019 at 06:52 PM.