Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 14: The Show (PS3/PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display
    "Universal In Game Currency"?

And the micro-transactions continue to infect gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    "Universal In Game Currency"?

And the micro-transactions continue to infect gaming.
    Quiet you. You will busy on the Xbox One playing "No baseball games" with "No In game currency." Problem solved.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-04-2013 at 08:13 PM.

From the video and neogaf.

Last edited by bdoughty; 11-04-2013 at 08:22 PM.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...a-spring-2014/

Without revealing too much, we did want to give you a taste of some of the many advancements we’re making to the product for 2014. Here are just a few:

We know how much time and effort our fans put into their Seasons, Franchises, and Road To The Show players. So beginning with MLB 14 The Show, you can now carry over your saves to future versions of MLB The Show. MLB 14 The Show lays the foundation for year-to-year saves, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!

Thanks to the power of PS4, MLB 14 The Show is going to be the most beautiful baseball product we’ve ever created.

For some of you, full 9-inning baseball games may be too long for your liking, so we’ve created an all-new Quick Counts option, which utilizes generated pitch counts allowing gamers to play through full games faster than ever. Realistic statistics in this shortened gameplay experience have not been compromised. Users will now be able to play a full 9 inning game in less than 30 minutes, essentially cutting traditional game times in half.

We think Road To The Show is the deepest, most realistic single-player experience in sports video games, and we’re making it even better. A few of the new features include a new advancement system, new intuitive player creation process, and all new pre-draft prospect showcase.

And finally, what makes baseball great are those “big moments.” The power of PS4 will allow gamers to share those moments using the new “share feature” by capturing and publishing their most thrilling baseball moments, from hitting a game-winning grand slam, to picking off a runner at first for a crucial win in a World Series game.

If only the dumbasses at EA had thought of doing that before canning the NCAA series. Could have made the last couple years easier when doing a dynasty.

Without being specific... they had.

It is a great idea that EA should steal but probably will not since it would require things like time and effort.

Edit: Removed animation takes too long.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-04-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Without being specific... they had.
    Well alright, they may have thought about it. Maybe I should say, they should have tried implementing it instead of saying it couldn't be done or wasn't worth the time or effort or wasn't desired enough among their fan base.

Quick Counts has me listening.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU using Tapatalk 4
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Steve Phillips, Gary Thorne, and John Kruk say hello. They have been in the 2K booth for years and while they game itself may not be the greatest, the commentary is top-notch.
    Totally agree. The MLB 2K announcing crew was awesome and the atmosphere was good too. The Show seems to miss out on a lot of the baseball organ music too. Announcing is a lot better if the guys record together. These guys did that. The Madden guys Simms and Nantz did it and it sounds a lot better. You can tell the Show guys all recorded their stuff separately.

40 crowd models in PS3 version, over 1000 crowd models in PS4.

EA had 5 or so crowd models on PS3 and 10 crowd models on PS4.

When I see what Sony is able to do with a sports video game and compare it to what EA gives us I want to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    EA had 5 or so crowd models on PS3 and 10 crowd models on PS4.

When I see what Sony is able to do with a sports video game and compare it to what EA gives us I want to cry.
    It's really pathetic if you look at it that way. I mean the show is by far the best sports game out there but no one knows because it's BASEBALL. Yet football still gets all the media attention ever year. Madden just blows. If Sony could get there own football game it would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    It's really pathetic if you look at it that way. I mean the show is by far the best sports game out there but no one knows because it's BASEBALL. Yet football still gets all the media attention ever year. Madden just blows. If Sony could get there own football game it would be epic.
    The Show is the best sports game on the market. Unfortunately, the problem with a baseball game is well baseball. The season is 162 games long + playoffs. One season in the show is the equivalent of 10 seasons in Madden and nearly 14 seasons in NCAA. If you play 1 full game every day of the year you would get through just over 2 seasons in the game.

I didn't buy the show last yr b/c of this fact. I always get the game and enjoy it but I always seem to run out of steam at the all-star break in year 1 of my dynasty. I might try to actually get into RTTS mode. I normally hate single player experiences but its just about the only way you can get through multiple seasons in the game.

RTTS mode is the only mode I play MLB the show with and its fun every year. I can get way more seasons in it if i have time to play. So I stick to that mode. I agree about the franchise mode just being to long for most people which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    If Sony could get there own football game it would be epic.
    Like Gameday was epic?
    Like Gamebreaker was epic?
    Like NBA Shootout was epic?
    Like NCAA Final Four was epic?
    Like NHL Faceoff was epic?
    Like the NBA Games on the PS3 were epic? Just FYI, same studio that makes MLB The Show.

989 Studios became a running joke and dissolved into SCE San Diego Studio's, where they turned their focus into making less games with a major focus on MLB The Show. They had the right team of developers who loved baseball and had the passion to make the game what it is now. You can't just shit out a great development team and the passion it takes to make a game of this quality. Just because Sony makes a great baseball game means absolutely nothing in regards to any other sports game, because they have tried an failed. Not to say they can't find the magic to do something spectacular in another sport but it would take time and some serious talent which is hardest part, as yearly sports games are not the place where the top-tier programmers and artists want to be.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-05-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Game day 97 was better than Madden on PS1 IMO. Went quickly downhill from there.

Like Gameday was epic?
    Like Gamebreaker was epic?
    Like NBA Shootout was epic?
    Like NCAA Final Four was epic?
    Like NHL Faceoff was epic?
    Like the NBA Games on the PS3 were epic? Just FYI, same studio that makes MLB The Show.

989 Studios became a running joke and dissolved into SCE San Diego Studio's, where they turned their focus into making less games with a major focus on MLB The Show. They had the right team of developers who loved baseball and had the passion to make the game what it is now. You can't just shit out a great development team and the passion it takes to make a game of this quality. Just because Sony makes a great baseball game means absolutely nothing in regards to any other sports game, because they have tried an failed. Not to say they can't find the magic to do something spectacular in another sport but it would take time and some serious talent which is hardest part, as yearly sports games are not the place where the top-tier programmers and artists want to be.
    Exactly what I said the other day, mainly talking about the NBA games. In no way would the quality of this game translate into a quality football game.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Exactly what I said the other day, mainly talking about the NBA games. In no way would the quality of this game translate into a quality football game.
    With the same people yes as allot of the Sony San Diego guys are really into baseball from what I can tell.

However, say Sony hired oh I dunno a bunch of guys with football and video game experience that might have been recently given the pink slip or previously left another company and they were given considerable resources my bet is on Sony beating EA in a quality football product.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    With the same people yes as allot of the Sony San Diego guys are really into baseball from what I can tell.

However, say Sony hired oh I dunno a bunch of guys with football and video game experience that might have been recently given the pink slip or previously left another company and they were given considerable resources my bet is on Sony beating EA in a quality football product.
    I believe most if not all of the core gameplay guys were retained... it was the feature/presentation/oversight guys that were mostly on the bubble.