View Poll Results: Which console(s) do you plan on buying?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS4

28 62.22%
  • XB1

7 15.56%
  • Both

3 6.67%
  • Neither

7 15.56%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Next Gen Plans?

• Facebook
  • Display

What Are Your Next Gen Plans?

As we approach the release of the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, we want to learn which console(s) you plan on purchasing. Will you buy it at launch, wait for a price drop or are you holding out for a particular game in 2014? In addition, let us know which next-gen games you plan on buying or have caught your attention.

This information will help us focus site attention on the console(s) and games community members are looking forward to most. Please vote in the corresponding poll within the forums.

Also, making next-gen purchases through our Amazon Affiliates program will help support TGT server costs & giveaways. Follow this link for more information.

We look forward to your responses!

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...Next-Gen-Plans

I am going to get a PS4, because I am anticipating the next batch of Naughty Dog games, MLB the Show and hopefully a next gen Hot Shots game. Absolutely nothing so far has even come close to making me want a next gen console. I will hold off until one of these games hits the PS4 or something along the same lines pops up. Until them I will play my PS3.

I have no plans at this time to purchase a next gen system. I will probably re-evaluate that in a couple years once the price comes down and the number of available games get to a decent number. I have always owned a Sony Playstation system and I don't see that changing come next gen.

Both eventually. It may be a year though before I get the XB1.
    The dude abides.

Like Jay, I will be getting a PS4 because I have always had a Sony system. But with the death of the NCAA series, I have no plans to upgrade soon. I still have a significant backlog.

Kinda the same as Jeff but unsure on the console. NCAA will keep me on PS3, had planned on upgrading next year but if there isn't a NCAA 15 on next gen I probably won't.

Definitely going next gen, probably Xbox One. I have a preorder for the PS4 as well though.

PS4, no doubt.

When? Who knows? Within a year for sure, likely 6 months or less.

I'm most looking forward to next gen FIFA and NHL.

PS4

With no NCAA title, I can wait for a price drop or Mass Effect 4. I hardly have time to game as is anyway.

My wife is currently driving my PS4 and XB1 as of Monday, so maybe in a year I will pick up the XB1 since all I play on consoles now are my shooters anyway.

XB1 4 LYFE! I cannot wait to get on and play COD and Madden with my Bros.

I will not buy the next gen console either, since ncaa will be no longer, I will stick to 360, until probably madden 15 comes out exclusivly for the ps4

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    XB1 4 LYFE! I cannot wait to get on and play COD and Madden with my Bros.
    Man you are relentless!

Will be getting Xbox one with in the year before spring time. Then ps4 down the road maybe 2 years or less.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Man you are relentless!
    Why so serious? Many of you guys need to get a sense of humor.

In any event now what I'm really looking forward to:

I'm getting PS4 Day 1. There isn't going to be a price drop on the PS4 for a LONG time b/c they have ZERO reason to do so being $100 cheaper than their #1 competitor already.

Games I am interested in and/or looking forward to:

• ANYTHING by Naughty Dog
    • The Order
    • Watch Dogs
    • Knack
    • AC IV
    • The Evil Within
    • Dying Light
    • FIFA
    • NBA 2K
    • inFamous
    • Madden

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Both eventually. It may be a year though before I get the XB1.
    Same here.

PS4 day one. Xbox One when Titanfall releases, maybe. I might just get it on PC.

Dying Light is first person, just so you know. I know you get motion sickness in first person shooter games, don't know if that'll be any different. It does look good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Why so serious? Many of you guys need to get a sense of humor.

In any event now what I'm really looking forward to:

I'm getting PS4 Day 1. There isn't going to be a price drop on the PS4 for a LONG time b/c they have ZERO reason to do so being $100 cheaper than their #1 competitor already.

Games I am interested in and/or looking forward to:

• ANYTHING by Naughty Dog
    • The Order
    • Watch Dogs
    • Knack
    • AC IV
    • The Evil Within
    • Dying Light
    • FIFA
    • NBA 2K
    • inFamous
    • Madden

I am far from serious was just saying you are relentless......Infamous and killzone have thinking seriously about getting a PS4 first.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    PS4 day one. Xbox One when Titanfall releases, maybe. I might just get it on PC.

Dying Light is first person, just so you know. I know you get motion sickness in first person shooter games, don't know if that'll be any different. It does look good, though.
    Shoot didn't know that saw a preview vid for it and it looked great. I've googled the thing and apparently its somewhat common but no real "treatment" options other than to keep the lights on, sit further back and just suck it up. I've tried just about all those things and its just not worth sucking up next to a puke bucket after 10-20 minutes of play.

NBA Live, Battlefield 4, FIFA, and Killzone are my definite launch titles. Maybe Madden.
    The dude abides.