Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaymo76 NCAA 14 to infinity and beyond!

• Facebook
  • Display
    As the next season is about to begin, is currently ranked #15. The early season predictions have winning the for the 2019 season. UNLV is currently rated B+ OVR, B+ Offense, B Defense, A Special teams.

For some reason, Sam Boyd has fallen back to #30 toughest stadium to play in. For the record, UNLV has won 21 straight at home!!!

The four year outlook for UNLV is an A rating. 2019: 15, 2020: 12, 2021: 30, 2022: 8

Coach jaymo currently holds a record at UNLV of 48-8 in four years of coaching. UNLV is also 4-0 versus rivals 9-2 versus top 25, and a bowl record of 3-1 in addition to four straight MWC titles. Coach jaymo's prestige is an A+.

UNLV only has THREE ALL-AMERICAN ALL-NCAA players as the season is about to begin.

ALL NCAA 1st team:
    K Jermaine Winston

ALL NCAA 2nd team:
    CB Greg harris
    SS Titus Horne

ALL MWC 1st team:
    LT Bobby Thomas
    MLB Chris Brock
    CB Greg Harris
    SS Titus Horne
    K Jermaine Winston

ALL MWC 2nd team:

WR Mal Jalaal
    ROLB Antoine Hancock
    CB Daniel Simon
    P Tom Irby

Top 5 for the 2019 season.

In the MWC:

And with that the next season is set up and ready to go. However, I'm not sure when I will be playing this again... possibly closer to summer??? Coach jaymo is also moonlighting as an NCAA BBALL player for his precious and he has been away from that for far too long... that will change tomorrow (welcome back NCAA BBALL 10...)

Not sure if I missed it or if it wasn't posted. Did you accept the contract extension from UNLV?

Great stuff man. I'm gonna have to get my dynasty fired back up, get some revenge for my Aggies and hand out a beat down to UNLV.

And good call on the college basketball. Watching the NCAA Tournament, it has me wanting to pull out my copy of CBB 2K8 and fire up a dynasty with some mid-major. I'd be tempted to create a dynasty thread here for it, but between my coaching carousel dynasty and my Madden franchise, not sure I'd be able to wing three different things at the same time, especially when it came to free time to spend on them.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Not sure if I missed it or if it wasn't posted. Did you accept the contract extension from UNLV?
    No I decided NOT to accept the offer for an extension. I need to increase my overall ratings and if I sign a longer contract and then leave before it's up my prestige takes a hit. I have two seasons left on my current extension and I want to play that out. Based on my goals I think I can accomplish everything I want to accomplish at UNLV within two seasons (eg. to get Sam Boyd Stadium into the top 15, 100% sell-outs, five conference titles, etc.).

It was really, really difficult passing on the and job offers. Both teams were really weak and would offer a fun challenge to rebuild those programmes. However, I worked harder than ever with recruiting and I want to see some of my new players in action. Plus with so many seniors graduating I wanted to see how this team would play without that depth. Another factor at play is that I really want to make the jump to the I have a keen eye on the rebuilds needed at and My dream job is at but they are a stacked team and in no need of a new upstart coach. is another job I would highly consider if it came available.

Another BCS conference I would consider as a great landing spot is the A programme such as that's down in the dumps could be a possibility. It all depends on what is available when my contract is up. I guess it also depends on the state of UNLV when my contract expires. Though it was never my original goal, it would be kind of cool to give UNLV a NC in my tenure there.

P.S. Thanks for reading Steeler!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Great stuff man. I'm gonna have to get my dynasty fired back up, get some revenge for my Aggies and hand out a beat down to UNLV.

And good call on the college basketball. Watching the NCAA Tournament, it has me wanting to pull out my copy of CBB 2K8 and fire up a dynasty with some mid-major. I'd be tempted to create a dynasty thread here for it, but between my coaching carousel dynasty and my Madden franchise, not sure I'd be able to wing three different things at the same time, especially when it came to free time to spend on them.
    Smooth, you don't want to know what has happened to since you left. Last time I checked they were ranked #118. By 2021 they are slated to be the worst team in the NCAA. On the Brightside though has turned into somewhat of a power in the Last season they were a ranked team and I think they are again this season as well. It's been a blast getting to play this series again. Now that NCAA 15 is D.O.A. I have taken on a new appreciation for this game and am really enjoying the experience. Writing up the stories brings the players to life and I am really becoming invested in my team (sadly this is something that just doesn't seem to ever apply to Madden... though it did back when I played 2k3/4.

As for the BBALL, yeah the tourney has got my juices flowing. I only play college bball during March Madness but it's a ton of fun. I love Choops 2k8 but the game just looks so old now that I spend most of my time playing NCAA Bball 10. It still somewhat resembles the look of college today. What I would do for a new college bball game.

Looking forward to when you get back to your football dynasties. They are always great reads.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    P.S. Thanks for reading Steeler!
    I lurk quite a bit here, jaymo. I always enjoy following along. w

I lurk also. Great job, Jaymo! I've also got back into playing NCAA after playing through the Mass Effect Trilogy (again). I'm just starting the 2024 season in my dynasty, I think. I'm the HC at and just won another BCS title. I know all about wanting to see how your players pan out. That's honestly my favorite part of the game. Watching the players go from the kid you had to battle to get into your school and watching them progress into beasts. Clicking that "End Season" button at the end of the year when you know you're losing some awesome seniors really is tough (I just lost a 2-time Heisman winning WR/KR). Best of luck going forward!

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I lurk also. Great job, Jaymo! I've also got back into playing NCAA after playing through the Mass Effect Trilogy (again). I'm just starting the 2024 season in my dynasty, I think. I'm the HC at and just won another BCS title. I know all about wanting to see how your players pan out. That's honestly my favorite part of the game. Watching the players go from the kid you had to battle to get into your school and watching them progress into beasts. Clicking that "End Season" button at the end of the year when you know you're losing some awesome seniors really is tough (I just lost a 2-time Heisman winning WR/KR). Best of luck going forward!
    Thanks Soulja! Nice work winning it all with Southern Miss. Back in NCAA 13 I had some epic games against them when I was the OC at Rice. I will need to schedule them again in the near future. As to losing seniors, you are so right. Not having Brian Gray (WR) this coming season seems so wrong. I recruited him once I took the UNLV job and won him over in the one week recruiting offseason. He never missed a game in four years. Not having him when we play will be a strange feeling. The new #1 WR is (jr) Robert Samuel. He is a great receiver with 99 catching skills but he's not Brian Gray. I think I will create Brian Gray for Madden 25 just to see him "live" again.

Oops totally forgot to mention that we have a NEW AUTOMATIC BID QUALIFIER. In 2016 the was granted an automatic qualifier for any available bowl. That decision was made due primarily to the level of competition put forth from

For the 2019 season the last automatic bid spot has been provisionally granted to: This has only been granted for 2019... consultations will follow.

This decision was not made lightly and is up for review at the end of the 2019 Bowl season. There has also been discussion in making the last BCS bid based on a 3 year rotation. That would then provide the and an opportunity to compete for a BCS game. A higher profile for the lesser conferences may benefit the entire league in the long run.

The final decision will be made at the end of the season.

It was really, really difficult passing on the and job offers. Both teams were really weak and would offer a fun challenge to rebuild those programmes. However, I worked harder than ever with recruiting and I want to see some of my new players in action. Plus with so many seniors graduating I wanted to see how this team would play without that depth. Another factor at play is that I really want to make the jump to the I have a keen eye on the rebuilds needed at and My dream job is at but they are a stacked team and in no need of a new upstart coach. is another job I would highly consider if it came available.
    You're starting to sound like me. Washington, Washington State and Northwestern are three schools that I am keeping on my interested list every time I enter the coaching carousel at the end of an expired contract. If I had been allowed to become a head coach at a major school at the end of my Tulsa years, and had received offers from either of those three, I may very well have taken them.

Smooth, you don't want to know what has happened to since you left. Last time I checked they were ranked #118. By 2021 they are slated to be the worst team in the NCAA. On the Brightside though has turned into somewhat of a power in the Last season they were a ranked team and I think they are again this season as well. It's been a blast getting to play this series again. Now that NCAA 15 is D.O.A. I have taken on a new appreciation for this game and am really enjoying the experience. Writing up the stories brings the players to life and I am really becoming invested in my team (sadly this is something that just doesn't seem to ever apply to Madden... though it did back when I played 2k3/4.

As for the BBALL, yeah the tourney has got my juices flowing. I only play college bball during March Madness but it's a ton of fun. I love Choops 2k8 but the game just looks so old now that I spend most of my time playing NCAA Bball 10. It still somewhat resembles the look of college today. What I would do for a new college bball game.

Looking forward to when you get back to your football dynasties. They are always great reads.
    Damn, I was hoping Tulsa would keep it together. Glad to hear that about Navy though. They've been showing promise in my dynasty, but they always end up having some horrible losses that leave them only 7-5 or 8-4. Army has come on out of nowhere though. Finished the regular season 11-1 if I remember right, was ranked as high as #18 last season in my dynasty. That surprised me.

And thanks man, I'm gonna try to get NCAA fired up again this week, turn my focus solely on NCAA and Titanfall, put NBA 2k14 and MyCareer onto the backburner for a week or two.

Same here. I don't always get the chance to post regularly, but I always make sure I stop in and read every new post whenever I see there's been a new one. It was fun following this past season and looking forward to seeing what UNLV can do next year.

Oops totally forgot to mention that we have a NEW AUTOMATIC BID QUALIFIER. In 2016 the was granted an automatic qualifier for any available bowl. That decision was made due primarily to the level of competition put forth from

For the 2019 season the last automatic bid spot has been provisionally granted to: This has only been granted for 2019... consultations will follow.

This decision was not made lightly and is up for review at the end of the 2019 Bowl season. There has also been discussion in making the last BCS bid based on a 3 year rotation. That would then provide the and an opportunity to compete for a BCS game. A higher profile for the lesser conferences may benefit the entire league in the long run.

The final decision will be made at the end of the season.
    Hmm... I might be tempted to steal that idea from you. I actually like the idea of a rotating bid between C-USA, the MAC and the Sun Belt. If I remember right, the Mountain West and American currently have automatic bids, so there's one open bid at the moment. I like the idea of giving the MAC, C-USA and Sun Belt a chance every couple years to try their luck. I'll have to give that some thought as well, think about maybe implementing it at the end of my current season.

Darn... forgot to give the player snapshot for the coming 2019 season. So, here it is...

1. #14 WR- Robert Samuel: (over. 93 catching 99, route running 93, catch in traffic 90, spectacular catch 88)

Robert Samuel is a junior who is entering his third season With UNLV. This year however, he finds himself slotted in as the starting wideout. With the departure of SR. Brian Gray, Samuel will be the new workhorse of the offense. Operating as the #2 receiver the past two years he has had decent stats (97 rec 1144 yards, 9 td's). This year he needs to be "the man." Samuel has great hands and runs routes very well. However, he does struggle getting off the line in press coverage. UNLV runs a lot of slants and short precision passes so Samuel will need to improve in that area. With major changes in offensive personnel this season Samuel needs to lead this team both off and on the field. Is he up to the challenge? Las Vegas hopes so...

2. #2 ROLB- Antoine Hancock (ovr. 84, block shedding, 89, speed 81, zone 85, man 78, hit power 89)

45 tackles, 16 tackles for a loss, and 4 qb sacks in Antoine Hancock's first season as a starter was pretty impressive. This junior begins his 2nd year as starting ROLB and the future looks bright. Hancock is a big, mean bruiser. He is fast and has crushed many a qb in his sort career thus far. Against Cal in the Orange Bowl last season he nearly took the head ff their starting qb. Hancock has great rushing the passer technique AND excellent pass coverage. His run D is developing nicely. One area Hancock needs to improve is avoiding foolish penalties. He has been flagged several times for late his versus the opposing team's starting qb.

Along with SR MLB Chris Brock this dynamic duo cause havoc for opposing QB's. The linebackers are the crucial piece of UNLV's defense. With a high pressure style of D Hancock and Brock look to bring the heat each and every game. Opposing offenses need to game-plan around players such as Hancock. If they don't, they will regret it!

3. #20 SS Titus Horne (ovr 87, man cv. 77, zone 88, catching 72)

Titus Horne is a senior who has started the last two seasons at SS. He has 113 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 int's. over his career thus far. Horne is an All-American and a crucial cog to the UNLV defense. Horne has been nicknamed "the flyin Hawaiian" due to his ability to cover the whole field. Horne is the leader of the defense and other players look to him for leadership. If Titus Horne is on his game the UNLV secondary is untouchable.

It's time to get things started again. I plan on getting my next game in this afternoon. First up will be a date with

Week 1 on the 2019 season is about to begin.

#15 (0-0) @ (0-0)

This is the first time coach jaymo has traveled to Nebraska. Nebraska has a slight upper hand in their defense but this has the potential of being a great matchup. Coach jaymo wants to see what his team is made of and therefore has a tough one out of the gate. Nebraska is #45 in the preseason polls but ratings mean nothing. So with that, it's go time!

It's a beautiful day in Lincoln and the sea of red is loud. UNLV wins the toss and kicks it off to start. Bend but don't break. Nebraska moves the ball but a sack stalls the drive and UNLV begins at their own 20 after a touchback. After one first down and some nice running by freshman (rs) rb #28 Sean Robinson , True freshman rb #43 Gary Smith fumbles on his first carry and Nebraska has the ball at the UNLV 27. The play was challenged by coach jaymo but it was not a victorious challenge.

Nebraska's stud QB Jason Clark breaks his toe and is out for the game. Junior Chris Smith takes over and moves the team on his first series. He connect with wr Darryl Johnson from two yards out and Nebraska goes up 7-0 with 3:53 left in the first.

Game update: bad news Smooth... Utah St was crushed 45-24 by Utah. It looked like an ugly game based on the stats.

Nothing is going right, Jalaal stopped at the 13 on the kickoff return. Ugly play. Morris still has not completed a pass!!! At least RB Coker is running well. The drive ends and QB Morris on now 0/5 passing. UNLV punts and Nebraska starts at their own 20.

Oh man, Nebraska is carving us up. They have already rushed for 86 yards this quarter. After crushing us with the run Smith hits his hb from 4 yards out and it's 14-0 Nebraska with 1:05 left in the 1st quarter.

Jalaal has a big 46 yard return. Now we're cooking with gas! Well not really. Morris finally has a completion, hitting Samuel for 8 yards . Feeling desperate coach jaymo goes for it on 4th and 2, and converts. The 2nd quarter begins. Coker is running the ball well. Morris continues to struggle and UNLV ends the drive with a 45 yard fg by Winston. That makes it 14-3 Nebraska with 5:49 left in the 2nd quarter.

UNLV is now stepping up the pressure and really bringing the house. Nebraska loses their starting rb to turf toe... now they move to an air raid offense. Nebraska's QB Smith runs the option and punches it in from the 3. That makes it 21-3 Nebraska. How is this team not ranked???

After a quick drive Winston hits another fg from 45 yards out to make it 21-6 Nebraska with 1:05 left until half-time. Nebraska isn't going to sit on the ball and they drive and make it to the UNLV 2... thankfully Antoine Hancock saves the day and stops Smith just before the goal line. Nebraska has to go for the fg and as the half begins its 24-6 UNLV.

That was a terrible half. Coach jaymo is shaking things up... Morris is pulled and freshman qb Abe Lexman is coming in. Morris was 7-17 for 59 yards. The offense needs a kick start.

UNLV starts with the ball at their own 27. Lexman is making his mark with a 42 yard strike to Jalaal. The drive comes to an end on the Nebraska 30 as UNLV cannot convert on 4th and 3. Lexman played admirable in his first series. UNLV's D finally forces a punt. Things might be looking up?

UNLV starts at their own 39. A beautiful drive by Lexman ends in a poor decision and an interception in the endzone of Nebraska. However, on the next play Titus Horne comes up with a fumble recovery and UNLV starts at the Nebraska 26. Lexman hooks up with WR Kyle Barnes from 8 yards out and that makes the score 24-13 Nebraska with 1:24 left in the 3rd.

The 3rd quarter ends with the score holding but in the first play of the 4th, Nebraska misses on a 41 yard fg. UNLV begins the ball with confidence growing on every snap. A beautiful drive ends with rb Gary Smith punching it in from the 1. That makes it 24-19. UNLV goes for two but doesn't convert as Lexman throws an int.

The score is 24-19 Nebraska with 4:03 left in the 4th. UNLV's D needs to hold. However, they don't... This spread hurry up O that Nebraska is running is just shredding UNLV's D. Nebraska goes down the field and punches it in for a TD. That will give them the win as it's 31-19 Nebraska with 1:23 left.

WR Lowery drops three straight passes and the Rebels go 4 and out. Nebraska runs out the clock and the final score is

19 31

This was not how coach jaymo wanted to start the season. Nebraska dominted this game with 407 yards of total offense, including 176 yards rushing. The story of the game was backup Nebraska QB Chris Smith who was 18-22 for 200 yards and 2 td's plus 15 carries for 73 yards and a td.

What happened to UNLV starterThomas Morris? He was brutal. Abe Lexman played decent in his first start going 14-23 for 157 yards with 1td and 1 int. Could there be a qb controversy??? Not yet...

WR Robert Samuel was invisible with only 2 receptions for 16 yards. This was not the start he wanted as #1 receiver. The only positive was the defensive line pressure as they got to the qb five times. Rookie LE Ben Thompson had 5 tackles and 2 sacks.

That terrible performance by drops them to #24 while earns their new #25 ranking. That Nebraska roster is impressive. I will be checking in on them as the season progresses.

Next up for UNLV is a visit to

Around the league there should be a great game at the kickoff classic as #4 takes on edit: oops, my bad the game was played and it wasn't great... 45-18 Bama
    Last edited by jaymo76; 05-17-2014 at 09:14 PM.

UNLV's new defensive coordinator this year is Matt Campbell. For a coach with a 52-41 head coaching record and a level 19 coordinator I was expecting more on the defensive side of the ball. The secondary was very, very soft. That will need to massively improve the rest of the season. Plus the run D was like tissue paper. This team lives and dies by the D. If the D isn't on we just don't have the horses on offense to compete.

Forgot to mention that freshman LE Ben Thompson (#73) took home defensive player of the week. That's not too bad for a true freshman.

Just looking around the league from week 1:

#2 49 21
    #1 30 #14 28

The top 25 is very similar to last year. The Big 12 looks to have another monstrous year. I can easily see one of them going undefeated.

Week two: (0-1) @ (0-0)

It's Thursday night football time!

UNLV is looking for redemption this week. The bookies think that this will be a cakewalk for the Rebels. Frankly, this is a bad looking WSU team. nothing other than a huge win for UNLV will be considered a poor outing.

WSU wins the coin toss and they want the ball first. Six plays and out and UNLV gets the ball at their own 19. UNLV goes three and out and QB Morris continues to struggle going 0-2. WSU takes over at their own 31. They drive the field and get down to the UNLV 8 and then punch it in on a corner out. That makes it 7-0 WSU with 4:39 left in the 1st.

After a beautiful hurry up drive QB Lexman comes in with the goaline package and qb sneaks it in to make it 7-7 with 1:39 left in the 1st.

WSU makes their first mistake as UNLV CB Harris has a pic six. That makes it 14-7 UNLV with 9 seconds left in the 1st. The 2nd quarter begins with a WSU punt. UNLV begins at their own 42. After a long drive, HB Gary Smith powers it in from 3 and UNLV goes up 21-7.

WSU takes the ball from their 20 with 4 minutes left. After a 3 and out, punt and facemask, uNLV gets the ball at their own 43. With 21 seconds left Morris hits Coker out of the backfield for a three yard scamper and that makes it 28-7 UNLV. UNLV's offense is firing today and Morris, after a shaky start is looking good.

It's good to see Robert Samuel really involved in the O today. He already has six catches. Now the run game needs to step up!!! D wide there are concerns as WSU has more yards this game... step up D!!!

UNLV begins from their own 23. They make it to midfield but cannot convert on 4th and inches. WSU has great position but they go for a 57 yard fg and leave three points on the table... the score remains 28-7. Coker takes over the drive with some beautiful runs and then HB Sean Robinson takes it in from the two. UNLV cements its lead, 35-7 with 2:39 left in the 3rd.

WSU's next possession ends with a missed 56 yard fg. UNLV starts with great position. Coker goes over 100 yard rushing on his 20th rush. The 3rd quarter ends with UNLV threatening. On the first play Morris hits TE Green for a 12 yard td. That makes the score 42-7 UNLV.

On the next play, CB Harris pics off the ball and UNLV takes over at the 21. Coker punches it in from the six and UNLV expands on its lead, 49-7. With 6:41 left this could get even worse...

Mass subs come in for UNLV. WSU cannot convert on 4th down and UNLV takes over at the 33. The drive ends with Winston converting a fg from 36 yards out. With 4:14 remaining the score is now 52-7 UNLV.

WSU scores some garbage points on their next drive to make it 52-14 with 3:02 remaining. For some reason WSU goes for the onside kick... and they get it. Let's see how many more yards UNLV can give up. This turns out to be costly as WSU loses their only bright spot as their qb gets crushed. UNLV gets the ball back and the game ends.

The final score: 52 14

RB Frank Coker had a monster game and was game mvp. QB Morris rebounded really well from last week. WR Samuel dominated.

Coker: 24 carries 144 yards 1 td / 4 rec 25 yards 1 td
    Morris: 26/33 208 yards 2 td
    Samuel: 10 rec 84 yards

The only real concern today comes from the secondary which again was scorched. Today WSU put up 314 pass yards. However, the Dline comes up big again with 4 sacks.

This was a crazy week for football. With the victory moves to #20 in the BCS. The top five had a shake-up but it's a questionable one as to why.

1. struggled with but came back to win 52-42
    2. blew out to move from 4th
    3. idle... falls from 2nd
    4. crushes but falls to 4 from #3
    5. destroys and moves up one from #6

Surprises: moves to #13 with a big victory over fcs east (previously #19)
    out of nowhere... moves to #23 by beating
    absolute shocker... has a 44-0 victory over to move to #25

What happened to ? they were pummled 31-21 by and fall out of the top 25

This was also the week of the FCS:

fcs west 21 9
    fcs midwest 20 16
    fcs southest 33 21
    fcs northwest 38 28
    fcs northwest 49 30
    Last edited by jaymo76; 05-18-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Forgot to mention that senior CB Greg Harris was player of the week. He had two tackles and two interceptions. I thought RB Frank Coker was going to get the nod for offensive player but senior qb Mark Brady from had a better day.

Game 3: (1-1) (0-1)

UNLV's third straight road game and first conference matchup looks to be as easy one. This Lobos team is pretty weak all around. This should be another big Rebel victory. The weather is beautiful and the crowd is tiny. Let's play football.

UNLV loses the toss and UNM kicks off. with a touchback the O starts at the 20. Terrible six and out drive. On the bright-side Morris was 3-3. UNM's first drive is impressive to say the least: 8 plays 70 yards and a td to make it 7-0 Lobos with 4:56 left in the 1st.

Game update: #5 Florida upset by unranked Arkansas 34-31. Army will also lose their top 25 birth with a bad loss to Boise.

UNLV's next drive is a thing of beauty and it ends with an 11 yard scamper by Coker for a TD. That makes it 7-7- with 44 seconds left in the 1st.

Into the 2nd the Lobo's continue to impress with the running game as their qb is approaching 100 yards. Coach jaymo really hates spread, hurry up O.

UNLV's next drive stalls and Winston kicks a 46 yard fg to make it 14-10 Lobos with 2:30 left in the 2nd. UNM is playing well over their heads. Can they keep it up??? UNM is finally forced to punt. With 29 seconds left UNLV starts at their own 20. Morris hits Jalaal for 72 yards and with 13 seconds left UNLV is at the UNM 8. UNLV has one time out left. On the next play Morris hits WR Lowery for the td and UNLV goes up 17-14 and takes the lead into the half.

UNM's qb is a beast. He has been destroying me via qb runs. Carl Kemp is a senior and he is playing like it with 7 runs for 83 yards and a td. UNLV needs to stop him in the 2nd half.

UNM starts with the ball to begin the 3rd. A nice drive ends with a 52 yard fg miss. Kemp went over the 110 yard rushing mark that drive. Nonetheless UNLV starts with the ball and a 38 yard TD strike from Morris to Jalaal gives UNLV a 24-14 lead and a bit of breathing room.

UNM is forced into a three and out. Coach jaymo is throwing every defense he can to disrupt things. UNLV's next drive is great but ends with a rare Jalaal drop in the endzone (and on fourth down). UNM takes over at their own 7. However another three and out and UNLV takes the ball at their own 43 with 1:25 left in the third.

UNLV's receivers have decided not to catch the ball in the 2nd half and again, the ball goes back to UNM. The half ends with another three and out and UNLV begins at their own 41.

What has happened to this game? Now both offenses are anemic. UNLV goes three and out again and punts back to UNM. After a short drive we have another punt and UNLV takes over at their own 32. 4:42 left in the game... UNLV needs a long drive. Coker goes over 100 yards... and gets injured. Lucky for UNLV it's only a concussion.

UNLV goes into a ball control offense and runs out the clock. The final score:

24 14

The game ball goes to QB Thomas Morris who was 21/33 for 259 yards and 2 td's. Honourable mention goes to UNM QB Carl Kemp who ran the ball for 114 yards on 17 carries. On the D side of the ball, MLB Chris Brock had 7 tackles, 2 tfl, 1 sack and 1 forced fumble.

The big story of the game though, Coach jaymo records his 50th win as a head coach. Coach jaymo's record is now 50-9. What a nice way to move to level 26 in the coach skills department.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 05-19-2014 at 01:13 AM.