Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaymo76 NCAA 14 to infinity and beyond!

• Facebook
  • Display
    Pretty surprising to see that UNLV has moved up to #6 in the nation. We even received ONE vote in the coaches poll. In the media we are ranked #8. Of note, BYU has moved to #7 in the coaches poll (and they have a game vs. #4 VT this week).

The game of the week looks to be a good one as #13 Miami travels to #9 Florida State (but I still think the BYU game should have got the nod for game of the week). As Air Force is 0-4 we are relegated to local tv only this week.

Game 5: #6 (4-0) @ (0-4)

On paper this looks to be a UNLV win but AF plays us pretty tough. D is evenly matched but we have a big advantage on the O side of the ball... in theory anyways. My O was dreadful last week. AF has a very quick pace so we will so how the UNLV D responds.

And with that UNLV loses the toss and starts with the ball. The first drive ends up with a 34 yard fg from Winston. WR Brian Gray had 5 catches on the drive and QB Morris had 54 yards passing which was 9 yards more than last week in total!

AF comes out pass happy but comes up inches short and has to punt. UNLV starts at their 28. After a long drive we get to the AF 6 and then fumble and AF takes over at their 5 with 46 seconds left in the quarter. AF drives into the 2nd quarter but the drive stalls and UNLV goes back to work at the UNLV 30. The drive ends with Morris picked off in the endzone... another int thrown by Morris! AF takes the ball at their 20 with 4:28 left in the 2nd.

Jalaal has a nice 18 yard return to set UNLV up at the AF 43. However, Morris comes out cold again and the drive never gets off it's feet and AF gets the ball back at their 20 with 2:58 remaining. Alas UNLV gets the ball with 1:48 left and at their own 32. Morris you suck!!! Another int!!! AF takes over at their own 45.

CB Smith saves the day for UNLV and comes up with a pic on 3rd down. UNLV takes over at their own 32. Coach jaymo tries to run out the clock and gets it to 30 seconds before having to punt. Punter Irby has a massive boot and sends it to the AF 13. That pretty much ends the half.

UNLV 3 AF 0 at the half was not what I was expecting. UNLV has the lead in yards and time but also leads in turnovers. A far better 2nd half is required to win this game. QB Morris is 11/23 for 206 yards and 2 ints. The only bright spot has been the rebound game for WR Gray. Currently he has 8 receptions for 58 yards.

AF starts the 2nd half at their 20. The drive goes nowhere and after a nice punt return Jalaal gets UNLV to the 50. Morris chokes again and Irby punts AF and pins them at the 2. LB Antoine Hancock gets a safety for UNLV and give us a little breathing room. 5-0 UNLV.

UNLV gets the ball after the punt and again... nothing. MY WR's cannot get separation. AF is forced to punt after their next possession. UNLV starts at their 47. Two receptions for Gray and some nice running by RB Gamara Smith and we score form the 1 to make the score 12-0 UNLV with 1:11 left in the 3rd.

The 4th starts with AF going for it on 4th and 7 from the UNLV 21. They should go for the FG but with so little offense I guess they figure they have to try for the td??? The gamble doesn't pay off and UNLV takes over. UNLV grinds the clock by running the ball. Coker fumbles the ball but we challenge and the play is overruled and we get the ball back and continue the drive. The drive ends with RB Palmer running it in from the 6.

UNLV goes up 19-0 with 3:52 left. Update: BYU does us a huge favour and upsets VT 28-17. VT was ranked #4.

AF turns the ball over on downs at the UNLV 35. UNLV comes out running the ball and running the clock. AF doesn't make it easy and UNLV punts the ball away with 1:03 left. AF isn't wanting to be shutout. They come out firing but on 4th and 10 at the UNLV 39 the drive ends and so does the game.

UNLV outlasts AF 19-0 in a real D struggle.

Of note:
    Morris 20/35 189 yards and 2 ints
    Palmer 18 rushes 90 yards 1 td (and 2 recs)
    Gray 11 rec 94 yards

With the win UNLV doesn't get a lot of love. In fact, BYU jumps us to move to 4th

Coaches poll: #5
    Media poll: #5 (with 1 vote)

It was also a big week for recruits as ROLB Omarr Dukes (75 ovr) and LE Dylan Thompson (74 ovr) both signed with UNLV.
    This week we play and a number of recruits are scheduled.

Game 6: (3-2) (2-1) vs #5 (5-0) (3-0)

Hawaii looks to be outmatched and out-gunned in this game. UNLV also has a huge home field advantage. This is a big game for some star recruits. If I can keep the Hawaii rush offense contained I should have a big win on my hands and in order to land the players I want I will need a big win. The philosophy will be pass heavy today but we will see how that goes.

And with that, it's game time. Hawaii wins the toss and chooses to kick off. UNLV starts at the 29. A beautiful 10 play 70 yard drive results in a td toss from Morris to Gray from three yards out and UNLV goes up 7-0. Hawaii's first possession sees them moving the ball nicely. Their RB Chris Jackson is a monster! Hawaii goes all the way down the field and punches in a td on the option to their FB 7-7.

Jalaal brings it out to the 30 for UNLV's next possession. UNLV gets to the 50 but no further and Hawaii takes over at their 20. However the UNLV D makes up for that last series and forces Hawaii to punt. UNLV starts from their 45. The quarter comes to an end shortly after that.

The drive goes 12 pays for 50 yards as Morris hits Jalaal from the 14 yard line and next thing it's 14-7 UNLV. However, Hawaii has no interest in backing down. Their offense is firing today. The screen is especially deadly today (as it is pretty much every game in NCAA 14... The drive ends with a 14 yard chuck for a td... and it's 14-14 with 3:25 eft in the half.

UNLV goes on a long drive to end the half and comes up with 3 points off a 20 yard Winston field goal. We were stopped one just outside of the endzone but it was too risky since we don't start the 2nd half with the ball. UNLV goes into the half up 17-14.

Hawaii starts the half from the 22. Hawaii has run three screens for 72 yards... UNLV's D steps up and forces Hawaii to punt. UNLV's next possession is a long drive that ends with a 34 yard FG by Winston. That makes the score 20-14 UNLV with 1:46 left in the 3rd.

Hawaii's O sputters and UNLV takes over at their own 39. The 4th quarter begins with UNLV driving. RB Gemara Stephens ends the drive with a 14 yard scamper for a td and that makes it 26-14. UNLV goes for 2 but does not convert and so it stays 26-14 UNLV with 4:49 left in the 4th.

Hawaii goes for 79 yards and a td... but their RT clips on the play... td denied! That really deflated Hawaii and they have to punt a few plays later. UNLV moves the ball but Morris throws a pic in the endzone. On Hawaii's first play the qb fumbles and UNLV takes over at the 9 yard line. Morris connects to WR Samuel to score a td from 3 yards out and that makes it 33-14.

UNLV kicks off with 17 seconds left. Game update: AF upsets Fresno St. 24-20. That is a huge favour for me as Fresno was undefeated.

The final score: UNLV 33- Hawaii 14. This is a huge win for UNLV. The passing game finally stepped up. QB Thomas Morris was 27/35 for 299 yards 3td and 1 int. UNLV met a number of goals for the visiting recruits. Let's hope it pays off.

played a complete game versus Hawaii. Outside of the running backs not having a stellar performance, everything else was excellent. DT Aaron Hargrove (75 ovr) was so impressed that he committed after the game.

UNLV is still is 5th in the coaches poll but we have moved up to 2 votes. Nice!

Next up is a date with 2-5 Sam Boyd Stadium is now ranked #40. UNLV has an 18 game home win streak, 2 games longer than Texas.

In other news, Senior WR Brian Gray is at 25 td's. he is one td away from tying the school record. The goal is for him to tie/break the record this week.

At the halfway point of the season, has to be the story of the year right now. Currently they are undefeated and have moved up #3 in the Coaches AND BCS polls. They have had a monster schedule to boot. This team came out of nowhere but when looking at there players, the team is stacked. Unless three other teams falter I am probably too far back points-wise to play in the BCS but if I cannot get there I am surely pulling for BYU.

and are also scary good right now. That may well be the battle for the NC this season. On the opposite end of the scale, this is the second season in a row where is really struggling again. While they have a couple of wins, they have played very poorly and are looking to rank in the 100+ weakest team range. It also seems as though has not recovered from Smooth's departure as they are pushing for the title of worst team in the nation this year. Yikes!

I'm not sure how things will end but a really nice surprise right now has to be Currently they are ranked #15 in the BCS. Another surprise is that while still unranked is undefeated this season. It's always nice to see the academies get some love.

Game 7: (2-5) @ (6-0)

WSU has their starting QB out so that gives us an advantage. Plus they have a very soft rush D so the gameplan is a balanced offense with a lot of two back formations.

WSU loses the toss and UNLV chooses to kickoff. UNLV CB Waters starts the series with a nice pic. UNLV takes the ball at the 27 of WSU. Shortly after Morris hits WR Gray for a 27 yard td. UNLV goes up 7-0. More importantly, Gray ties the school record for receiving td's with 26.

WSU's next drive does nothing and UNLV takes over at their own 32. Uh oh... Jalaal is down!!! It's okay... he's just winded. 12 plays later and there it is Morrris to Gray for a 5 yard TD and it's 14-0 UNLV. Bigger than that though... Gray has 27 td catches and a new school record.

WSU is struggling... another punt and UNLV takes over at their own 35. The 1st ends 14-0 UNLV. On the 9th play of the drive Morris hits Gray for a 3rd td pass and it's 21-0 UNLV. On WSU's next possession the O finally shows up. Their RB Wendell Brown goes "beast mode." Lucky for UNLV we get a huge stop on third down. WSU makes a 31 yard fg to make the score 21-3 UNLV.

UNLV's next drive goes nowhere and very quickly WSU has the ball back. It looks like WSU has made adjustments. They are looking good but coach Jaymo adjusts on the fly and CB Harris makes a nice INT. UNLV takes the ball at their 36.

The drive ends with P Irby doing a coffin corner. WSU takes over at the 6 but the half ends shortly after that. UNLV really dominated that first half. Passing and running the ball were pretty easy.

The first drive of the half is a 3 and out. WSU responds in kind by going 3 and out. On the next UNLV drive Morris marches the team down the field and hits WR Gray for his fourth TD of the game. Wow! Gray is shattering the record in style!. 28-3 UNLV with 4:13 left in the 3rd.

WSU puts together a nice drive that ends in a 41 yard fg miss. 28-3 remains the score. UNLV is forced to punt again. It might be time to change up the play calling? At least the D is still hungry. The 4th starts with WSU punting. UNLV takes over at their own 32. The O switches to chew the clock. With 2 minutes left Morris hits TE Novak for a 9 yard TD and pretty much guarantees the win. That makes it 35-3 UNLV.

UNLV goes with mass subs to mop up the rest of the game. Some of the young guys need some playing time. WSU gets down to the UNLV 8 but the clock runs out... game over.

UNLV wins it 35-3 in a blowout. Morris was 17/24 for 159 yards and 5 td's. Gray had 6 receptions for 69 yards and 4 td's (and a new school record). The D was insane on the field today. DT Chris Smith had three sacks. With that UNLV moves to 7-0. Well done boys!

Next up is a date with With GT losing a close one to Virginia we should move up one spot in the BCS.

LE Christian Austin committed to our team and HB Gary Smith also committed to the UNLV programme.

Just as I thought, UNLV moves to 4th in the BCS. In the coaches poll we are also 4th but with no votes. The media also has us 4th and gives us three votes. and are ranked #1 and 2 respectively. However, in the media poll, is #2 and has 21 votes. The BCS points put them tied with Alabama at .992. We are significantly behind at .984.

Points of interest:
    Sam Boyd is now ranked #39 as NLV goes to 19 straight home wins.
    is now ranked #9
    at 1-6 is now ranked #125 this year.
    ** note to self... this may be a worthy programme for me to consider one day...

Game 8: (8-0) (4-0) @ (6-1) (3-1)

Fresno St. can be tough games at the best of times but the team this year looks pretty decent. This game is a huge test for UNLV. In addition to being a new quasi rivalry game, this matchup directly impacts the West division of the MWC. this part of the schedule is key as next week we host bitter rival and #10 ranked SDSU.

So let's get this thing started!. UNLV loses the snap and has to kick off. UNLV holds Fresno to a three and out and takes over at their own 31. Morris blows it early and throws a bad, bad pic. Fresno takes over at the 27 of UNLV. Lucky for UNLV, the D holds Fresno to a missed 45 yard fg attempt. The score remains 0-0.

Game update: Notre Dame crushes #9 Navy 35-12. Ouch! That will drop Navy in the polls.

On UNLV's next drive Mal Jalaal has a huge 57 yard reception. RB Jonathan Palmer then punches it in from the 5 to give UNLV a 7-0 lead with 3:27 left in the 1st. Fresno gets the ball back and responds with a massive drive ending in a QB Greco sneak from the 4 yard line. That makes it 7-7.

The 1st ends with UNLV stringing a few plays together. However, the O line is being destroyed... three sacks already this game and UNLV is forced to punt. The UNLV steps up on the next drive and forces Fresno back. Jalaal brings it to the Fresno 44. Then WR Robert Samuel gets behind the D and takes it in from 49 yards out. That makes it 14-7 UNLV.

Fresno makes some nice plays but is forced to punt and UNLV takes over at their own 20. UNLV drives the field and burns the clock. The drive ends with a 22 yard fg by Winston. That makes it 17-7 UNLV at the half. Overall the UNLV passing game really took off in the 2nd quarter. UNLV's O line is getting killed, already giving up 5 sacks. Fresno's QB Greco is a running machine. If UNLV can address the Greco issue and the protection issue this game will be in the bag.

UNLV starts from the 20. The drive ends quickly though and UNLV is forced to punt. Fresno begins at their 28. On 3rd down CB Waters comes up with a huge pic. UNLV starts at the 24 of Fresno. On 4th and 1 from the goal line RB Palmer fumbles and Fresno takes over at their own 3. Fresno's drive is a short one and UNLV gets it back.

After a nice drive WR Gray is nailed and fumbles the ball at the Fresno 14. Fresno takes the ball from there. However, the UNLV D holds again. UNLV begins at the Fresno 48. As the 4th begins it is still anybody's game.

Early in the 4th, QB Morris throws a pic in the endzone and Fresno takes over at the 20. The score remains 17-7 UNLV. Again Fresno flounders. UNLV begins at the 49. Backup TE Mario Green got behind the safety and goes 33 yards for a huge TD. That makes the score 24-7 UNLV.

Fresno drives the field and score a TD to make it 24-14 with 2:18 left. This is interesting, fresno goes for the onside kick and they recover. Six UNLV players touched the ball but not one could hold it!!! Oh man... another TD for Fresno. Just like that it's 24-21 UNLV with 1:26 left. Oh man... I have never seen this before... Fresno recovers another onside kick!!! There is 1:26 left.

Wow! With 45 seocnds left Greco hits Robertson for a 36 yard screen for a TD. Fresno takes the lead 28-24.

UNLV takes the ball from the 20. UNLV drives to the Fresno 44. There are 21 seconds left. Then, Morris steps up and... THROWS an INT.!!!!!! You suck Morris!!!

Honestly, I cannot believe this loss. What happened??? Seriously??? What happened???

The final score, 28 24.

The real story of this game was the FOUR UNLV TURNOVERS. Morris was 22/36 327 yards 2 td's and 3 int's. We had no running game. We also had 5 dropped passes. Throw on top two non-recovered kicks and Fresno gets the win.

Brutal, just brutal...
    Last edited by jaymo76; 03-18-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Fresno's QB Jason Greco just killed me this game. He was 21-30 205 yards 20 carries 71 yards 4 total td's. Fresno put up 21 points in the fourth. I still can't believe UNLV blew this game. This is going to hurt us in the polls. It will also make winning the West division a real uphill battle.

No surprise that this game goes down as an ESPN instant classic. I just wish we would have been on the other side of the scoreboard.

At least we have a huge positive from the game... QB Abe Lexman (80 ovr.) committed to the UNLV programme. CB Tommy Johnson (69 ovr) and FB Travis Bell (64 ovr) also signed up.

DE Be Thompson required me to use my one lock in recruiting. I can't let SDSU land him. He is a 5 star and UNLV needs him.

Give your head a shake... #7 @ #9 and the game is only on regional TV??? That's crazy! 4-4 @ 7-1 #10 is the game of the week. Why???

Speaking of crazy, let's look at the top of the hill...

Other teams of note in the top 25 include, #13 #19 #20

The Mountain West (west division) is crazy right now. The log jam of 4-1 includes: Fresno, UNLV, SDSU and Nevada. Due to victory Fresno St. currently is the leader.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 03-18-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Still in shock from what happened last night. I'm mad about the loss but in retrospect that game reminded me that this UNLV team has been punching above its weight all season. My QB Morris is a backup caliber player, not a starter but with no other real options he got the job. At this point newly signed freshman Abe Lexman looks to be a prime candidate true freshman starter for next season. He's a pocket passer with a great arm. He should make an immediate impact.

A second area of concern is this subpar O line. They give up too many QB sacks and don't create great running lanes. Sadly though I don't have any major recruits in this area. I just have to hope these players advance next year.

Facing off against SDSU later today will be a tough match. This game will determine the outcome of our season. A win and we stay in contention. A loss and we lose any chance at the MWC championship AND a BCS Bowl. This SDSU team is stacked. However, UNLV has an awesome home field advantage.

and have really become bitter rivals. Neither team likes the other.

Game 9: (7-1) (4-1) @ (7-1) (4-1)

And so it begins...

UNLV is still shaken from that last game versus Fresno St. Either UNLV will respond with a big win or not show up and get blown out. This SDSU team is beastly good. We have been chosen as the team to beat but that means nothing. Games are not played on paper and this game is no exception.

UNLV is going with the all grey alternates today. Looking good is the first step to victory... hopefully!

I love it, Herby stating these times don't like each other... its so true!!! Anyways, SDSU loses the toss and UNLV elects to kickoff. What an opening drive by SDSU... 7 plays 73 yards and the QB scamper for a TD. QB Butler went 5/6 for 68 yards and then ran for a td. Ouch!

Three and out for UNLV is not the start I expected. However, Irby has a massive 70 yard punt and the D follows up with a safety to make it 7-2 SDSU. On the ensuing drive UNLV makes some noise but the series ends with a punt. SDSU starts at their 20 but the UNLV D brings the heat and the punt team comes on. UNLV begins at their own 49. The drive ends with a Morris TD completion to WR Samuel from 7 yards out. UNLV goes up 9-7.

SDSU's next drive ends in them attempting a 61 yard fg. They missed! Jalaal brings it out to the 26. Three plays later Jalaal burns the pinching safety for a 59 yard TD strike and UNLV goes up 16-7 with 2:49 left in the half. SDSU then begins from the 20. They have a huge third down conversion but I challenge the play and win. UNLV gets the ball back at their own 46.

UNLV gets the ball to the SDSU 7 but RB Coker fumbles. However, the refs review and find Coker was down. UNLV keeps the ball with 1:09 left and 7 yards to the goal line. UNLV is stopped on the goal line and forced to go for 3 from the 19. Winston's kick is good and the half ends with UNLV up 19-7.

That was a good half for UNLV, after a rocky start. WE need to keep the foot on the gas. Morris played especially well. Keeping SDSU off the field will be key.

UNLV begins the half with the ball. The series is decent but ends in a punt. SDSU starts at their 21. They make it to the 41of UNLV and go for it on 4th and 1 but the UNLV stuff them. UNLV takes over. 4 plays and 55 yards later Morris hits Jalaal for a long TD strike. Man I love Jalaal's speed! That makes it 26-7 UNLV with 2:06 remaining.

SDSU gets the ball back but UNLV continues to bring the heat. We now have six sacks! The 4th begins with UNLV on the move. Chewing the clock and running the ball Winston hits a FG from 28 yards out to go up 29-7.

UNLV is on fire! SDSU is forced to go for it on 4th down... NO LUCK! UNLV puts in the mass subs and it's wrap up time. Backup QB Jude did not make any friends as he threw a bad pic on 3rd and 2 at the SDSU 14. SDSU takes over with 1:01 left. CB Daniel Simon wraps up the game with an int on 4th down.

Final score: 29 7

Wow! What a rebound game for UNLV. The faithful at Sam Boyd help put UNLV to 20 straight home victories. Thomas Morris was player of the game for sure... 21/25 242 yards and 3 td.

Sacks, sacks and more sacks was a definite theme versus No doubt about it that the defense was on. After the game two more players were recruited.

1. DT Kevin Brown (67 ovr)
    2. HB Chris Rice (64 ovr)

UNLV is back in the BCS hunt while SDSU take a big hit. UNLV is now #6 in the BCS. Next up we have a date with rival

Looking around the NCAA, Georgia Tech is upset by Miami and falls out of the top five. We now have a top five that looks like this (pretty surprising IMO).

1. 8-0
    2. 10-0
    3. 8-0
    4. 7-2
    5. 8-1

UNLV is tied in points with Georgia in the BCS standings and the media actually puts us in 5th. SDSU drops to #12 and Fresno State moves up to #15. In regards to conference prestige, is now in 5th with a B rating as it now surpasses the Pac 12. Very surprising that the ACC has surpassed the SEC by a wide margin, to claim top dog conference.

With regards to the MWC West division, keeps control as they outlast in a 45-35 marathon game. With both Fresno St. and UNLV tied at 8-1 (5-1) everything is still up for grabs. Fresno State has a tougher schedule down the stretch as the have SDSU, @ Nevada, and Hawaii while UNLV plays @ Nevada, Wyoming and @ SJSU.

Coach jaymo has earned one additional coach skill which went into "kitchen sink level 2. Coach jaymo is now a level 18 recruiter and a level 6 game manager. DC kyle Whittingham also gained one coach skill. This went into "raw talent" level one. Whittingham is now a level 23 DC. I have no doubt he will be taking a HC job this offseason.

Sam Boyd is now ranked #33 toughest stadium to play in. With a 20 game win streak I honestly think we should be higher. Attendance has also sky-rocketed to 34,580 on average. We were below 11,000 when coach jaymo took over the programme.

Looking at the early awards picture, UNLV is in the running for nothing. Yes we have some people in the hunt but not good chances to actually win.

At this point recruiting is going well. We are currently sitting in 8th spot. We have 5 ****, 3 *** and 2 ** thus far. A huge focus in the coming year will need to be the O line.

Game 10: RIVALRY GAME (8-1) (5-1) @ (4-5) (4-2 )

It's time for the Battle for Nevada...

UNLV loses the toss and has to receive the ball. On the first play RB Palmer takes the ball and runs for 8 yards, pushing him past the 500 yard rushing mark this season. On the first series Nevada forces UNLV to punt. After a long, successful Nevada drive, the Wolfpack take a 3-0 lead on a 40 yard fg.

Game update: leads 17-14 with less than 5 minutes remaining.

The 1st quarter comes to an end as UNLV is driving. RB Palmer has 63 yards on 7 rushes. Early in the 2nd, Winston hits a 39 yard FG to tie the game at 3-3.

Game update: SDSU comes back to beat Fresno State, 21-17. We control our own destiny again!!!

On Nevada' next series they march the field and run the clock. The end result is a rushing TD and a 10-3 lead with 4:17 left in the half. With 46 seconds left Morris is picked off at the Nevada 9 and the drive stalls. Nevada ends the half by going for a 60 yard fg but it was way too short.

At the half the Wolf Pack lead 10-3. UNLV did play all that well in the first half. Nevada is running a slow tempo ball control, heavy run offense and my D is not responding well.

The 2nd half opens with Nevada at their own 20. Finally UNLV forces a three and out series. Jalaal brings the ball up to the 50. Just out of fg range UNLV goes for it on 4th and 2 but is stopped at the 27. Nevada takes over. UNLV's offense has NOT shown up today...

On Nevada's next possession their RB Burton passes the 100 yard mark as this run based O demolishes my D line. The drive ends with a qb scramble for a TD. Nevada increases the lead to 17-3.

The 3rd quarter ends with UNLV threatening. The offense has picked up the pace and it's helping. The drive stalls near the goal line and Winston kicks a fg from the 19 to make it 17-10 with 7:08 left. Coach jaymo wanted to go for 7 but UNLV needs the points regardless. Now it's up to the D for a big stop.

On the next series CB Simon gets a fumble recovery and UNLV takes over at their own 20. Two plays later, next Morris hits Jalaal for 77 yards and a TD. With the missed 2 point convert the score is now 17-12 Nevada.

Nevada goes for a long (and foolish fg and miss from a little over 50 yard. UNLV has the ball and the clock still read 4:41. With 1:08 to go Morris hits RB Coker on a hitch pass for a td and UNLV takes the lead 18-17. UNLV goes for two but does not convert.

Nevada gets the ball at their 20. Within three plays they cross the 50 but terrible clock mangement strikes. In a rush, on the last play of the game CB Simon pics off the ball at the UNLV and the game is over. The final score...

18 17

The game ball on offense goes to Senior RB Jonathan Palmer who had 23 carries for 135 yards (5.8 ypc) and 3 receptions for six yards including 2 3rd down conversions. On the D side of the ball, the player of the game has to be CB Daniel Simon who had two tackles, an interception, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery. Of course we cannot forget junior SS Titus Horne who had 12 tackles!

Props to Nevada as HB Steve Burton ran 20 times for 144 yards and a td and QB James Higgins scrambled 14 times for 111 yards and a td. If not for the fumble, Nevada wins this game.

What a great rivalry game. That was also an ESPN instant classic. With that moves to 9-1

With the UNLV win and the loss is in first place and UNLV holds the division tie-breaker due to the head-to-head win versus

OC Paul Petrino has now reached level 15 in coach skills. This upgrade was added to level two of "Great Wall."

On the recruiting front, RE Robert Prater (69 ovr) joined Rebel nation.

The big shock in the standings this week came with BYU losing 20-17 to Auburn. They fall to #10 now. The new top five looks like this (look below). ULM plummets to #16 as they lose to.... Idaho... 24-21...??? Wow! SDSU moves up to #9 while Fresno State falls to #17.

1. 9-0
    2. 9-1
    3. 8-2
    4. 9-1
    5. 9-1

The first bowl projections of the season have playing in the

Forgot to mention that in the BCS standings Ohio State is actually in front of Georgia, even though OSU has two losses to Georgia's one.. Therefore OSU will/would be in the title game vs. Texas if things stay as they are now. You have to feel for Georgia in this scenario.