Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaymo76 NCAA 14 to infinity and beyond!

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Looking forward to it man! I need to get my season finished up, just haven't had much time the last two weeks. Hopefully this weekend and next week opens up some time.

#TheScriptIsDead

Thanks man! Didn't realize how much I missed this game and CFB games period until playing tonight. I am going to try and finish this season in the next week or two. I have four games left plus a Bowl game so we will so ho it goes. I am still committed to UNLV for one more season but then it's anything goes.

Week 10: (5-2) (2-2) @ #8 (7-1) (5-0)

UNLV looks to keep the season and home win streak intact against incredibly unlikable Fresno State. Fresno plays UNLV tough so this may be no cake-walk. UNLV needs to get the run game going and keep Coker involved.

With that UNLV wins the toss and elects to kickoff. Fresno St. starts in the no huddle... man they are quick! SR QB Greco looks like a tank!. Fresno gets to the UNLV 19 when MLB Brock makes a pick and he's off to the endzone... 7-0 UNLV. Brock is a stud in the making. He has the nickname "total package" and it is well earned. If he were bigger he would be bound.

UNV's D ia pumped and force a three and out. However, on UNLV's first offensive series they also go three and out as Lexman had two incomplete passes. Fresno State starts again at their own 31... but another HUGE D play... as Greco is stripped by DT Heffner and the ball is scooped up by DT Young who rumbles all the way down to the Fresno 9. Three straight rushes by Coker and on 3rd and 1 he punches it in... 14-0 UNLV with 2:12 left in the 1st.

FSU starts at their 20 and storms down the field. Greco continues to run the ball as he already has 11 carries this game. However, he gets to the 15 and fumbles again!!! The fumble is picked up by DT Heffner and UNLV dodges another bullet. Again though, UNLV is held to a 3 and out. The quarter ends with the score 14-0 UNLV.

Fresno State starts at their own 31. However, Greco was injured on the last drive and his less than capable backup West comes into the game... and goes 3 and out. UNLV starts at their own 41. To slow down the tempo... it's Coker time. Nine plays later Coker punches it in from the one and it's 21-0 UNLV.

FSU's next drive ends in a 57 yard FG miss to the right and the score remains 21-0 with under two minutes left in the half. Then FSU gets a break as Lexman throws a bad pick at the FSU 40. However, Greco cannot move the ball and the FSU drive ends as does the first half.

This is a weird one. UNLV only has 20 yards of passing and 81 yards of rushing. Fresno State has a huge stats advantage but it's the defense and the turnovers that have given UNLV control of this game.

UNLV starts the 3rd at their own 27. However the drive is a three and out. Lexman is now 2/7 for 13 yards. Irby then shanks the punt and Fresno State starts at the 50. However, Greco steps into a throw and gets nailed... the ball is picked off by ROLB Antoine Hancock and UNLV start at their own 28. The drive is long and run heavy and runs into the 4th quarter before Lexman hits TE Green from the 3 and that makes it 28-0 UNLV with 6:44 remaining.

UNLV's D is in best mode today. Through three quarters...
    4 sacks
    2 interceptions
    2 forced fumbles
    2 pass breakups

On FSU's next drive they cannot convert on 4th down and UNLV gets the back back at midfield. All run from here on out is the philosophy and chew the clock is the mantra. The drive ends with a 33 yard Winston FG to make the score 31-0 with 46 seconds left. That's the final score as FSU cannot make anything happen on their next drive.

With the win, UNLV gets their first shutout of the season. This win had everything to do with the defense. Lexman was only 8/13 for 53 yards (with 1 TD pass and 1 int.). UNLV rushed 38 times for 150 yards and easily controlled the clock, chewing up 21:21 of possession to only 10:39 for FSU.

players of the game...

RB Frank Coker 23 carries 85 yards 2TD
    DT Darrell Heffner 6tkls, 3tfl,3sacks, FF, FR

With the win, UNLV moves to 8-1 on the season.

Major upset alert: destroys #1 ranked 31-17. This will shake up the polls.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 03-28-2015 at 12:45 PM.

This week is the monster matchup of the season as #7 travels to San Diego to take on #13 .

DT Darrell Heffner won player of the week honours. He will be excited to get back on the field versus bitter rivals from San Diego. Every season the UNLV-SDSU game is the marquee matchup of the Mountain West and has major implications for the MWC Championship.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 03-28-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Top five:

9-0
    8-0
    8-0
    8-0
    6-2

How UCLA jumps from 9 to 4 is beyond me. Especially considering they beat Colorado 43-34 this weekend. That's not a great team to say the least. Also, GT should NOT be in the top 5, especially with two losses.

falls to #8 with the loss to Kansas State. Also, drops to #10 after losing a tough one to Georgia.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 03-28-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Top five:

9-0
    8-0
    8-0
    8-0
    6-2

How UCLA jumps from 9 to 4 is beyond me. Especially considering they beat Colorado 43-34 this weekend. That's not a great team to say the least. lso, GT should NOT be in the top 5, especially with two losses.

falls to #8 with the loss to Kansas State. Also, drops to #10 after lsing a tough one to Georgia.
    What are the records of the Top 10? I've noticed in my dynasty, as I have been getting further into my current season, the polls started lining up all of the undefeated teams. THey would start making jumps and by the mid-season point, pretty much every undefeated team was at the top of the polls, with the 1 and 2 loss teams following behind. That ended up leading to some big jumps by teams, despite playing crap opponents and even when they would have a bye week the previous week.

Wait until 3-loss teams start getting into the mix. It'll be a mess.

What are the records of the Top 10? I've noticed in my dynasty, as I have been getting further into my current season, the polls started lining up all of the undefeated teams. THey would start making jumps and by the mid-season point, pretty much every undefeated team was at the top of the polls, with the 1 and 2 loss teams following behind. That ended up leading to some big jumps by teams, despite playing crap opponents and even when they would have a bye week the previous week.
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Wait until 3-loss teams start getting into the mix. It'll be a mess.
    Not at the PS right now so I cannot check the standings. However, the GT thing really bothers me as they have two losses yet are two spots in front of me. Plus, UCLA should not have leaped the whole pack like that after they beat a BAD Colorado team. In general the PAC12 is in the dumps this year while the Mountain West is fielding some decent competition.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 03-28-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Yeah, the Georgia Tech thing is bad. Not a chance they should be #5.

#TheScriptIsDead

I've seen teams LOSE the championship game and win the BCS championship in the final poll. It gets jacked up the further you play into dynasty mode.

Week 11: #7 (8-1) (6-0) @ #13 (6-2) (4-1)

For all intents and purposes the battle for the is about to begin. This could be a high scoring game as both teams average 35 points per game (35.5 for SDSU t 35.4 for UNLV). Both teams are also missing one key person on offense (QB Morris for UNLC and HB Livingston for SDSU). The teams are very well matched and this should be a good game.

UNLV won the toss and elected to kickoff. The weather is perfect and will not be a factor today. SDSU has a decent first drive but they come up short on a 50 yard FG. On UNLV's first posession they struggle to move the ball and are forced to punt after six plays. SDSU takes over at their own 20.

D is key right now as another short drive for SDSU gives the ball right back to UNLV. UNLV takes over at their own 32. Then several plays later, SDSU makes their first mistake and go with tight coverage on Jalaal and no safety over the to[p. Lexman see's the coverage and audibles and the end result is a 50 yard TD strike. That makes it 7-0 UNLV with 27 seconds left in the 1st quarter.

SDSU had a perfect chance to tie the game but their wide open TE dropped a sure TD on 3rd and 12. SDSU converts for a 50 yard FG and that makes it 7-3 UNLV early in the 2nd quarter.

MALLLLLLLLL JALAALLLLLLLLL!!!! Jalaal goes 96 yards for a TD on the kickoff. That's the first return for a TD this season and man was it impressive. Out of the blue, UNLV goes up 14-3. Damn that was nice!!!

SDSU goes hurry up as per usual and storms down the field. However, a 49 yard FG keeps the score 14-3 UNLV. With UNLV's next possession they chew the clock and march the field. RB Coker [unches in the TD from the 2 yard line and the crowd goes silent as UNLV ges up 21-3 with 1:13 left in the half.

SDSU goes three and out and UNLV takes over at their own 41. With 53 seconds left, Coach Jaymo doesn't take his foot off the peddle and Lexman hits Jalaal for a 46 yard recetion to get UNLV in FG range. With 3 seconds left, Winston coverts from 22 yards out and UNLV extends the lead 24-3 as halftime begins. Wow! I didn't see this coming...

The score is misleading for sure as the stats are pretty equal. The only factors for the score: 2 missed FG's by SDSU, a 96 yard kickoff return for a TD and six dropped passes by SDSU recievers, including a sure TD.

UNLV starts the 3rd with the ball. A beautiful drive should have ended with an 8 yard TD rush by Coker... but... TE Mario Green was called for clipping. The drive ends with a 26 yard FG by Winston to make it 27-3 UNLV.

On the very next play for SDSU's offense, the ball is picked off by FS Matt Douglas who proceeds to take it into the endzone. The play had a challenge as it looked like the ball hit the ground but the play stood... TD UNLV and a commanding and shocking lead... 34-3 wth 3:15 left in the 3rd.

UNLV gets the ball back and Jalaal has another huge return, taking the ball deep into SDSU territory. However, the drive stalls with some poor play calling.

With that the 3rd comes to an end and the first play of the 4th is a 26 yard FG by Winston. That makes the score 37-3 UNLV .

Ob SDSU's next possession, Miller hits his wideout on 4th and 4 and punches it it for the TD. That makes it 37-10 UNLV. SDSU can be potent but today they have not performed well.

SDSU goes for the onside kick but it is recovered by WR Lowery. The next UNLV drive ends with yet another FG by Winston, this time from 33. That makes the score 40-10 with 4:02 remaining.

With that score, mass subs are brought into the game. On SDSU's next possession, true freshman CB Mathew Harris makes the int. at the SDSU 43. The drive comes to an end with a 48 yard FG by Winston. That makes the score 43-10 UNLV with 20 seconds left.

SDSU runs out of time and the game is over. What a blow out... on paper anyways as the game was noweher near like what the score shows.

Final score 43 10

Player of the game honours go to two people in particular...

WR Mal Jalaal: 5 rec 125 yards 1TD; 3PR 55 yards; 2KR 125 yards 1TD
    K Jermaine Winston 5/5 fg 100%

Honourable mention goes to QB Abe Leman 19/25 214 yards 1TD

The yardage is really surprising as UNLV only had 294 total yards as compared to SDSU with 226. It was all the mistakes that cost SDSU this game. The end result is that any BCS hopes SDSU has are now gone while UNLV continues to get closer...

With the win, increases their win streak to 9 straight games. Keep in mind that most of these wins have come with a true freshman QB which makes this feat all the more impressive. 9-1 on the season is far better than what the pundits had called for.

Update: WR Mal Jalaal recieved offensive player of the week recogniton from the

This week's top 5:

9-0 (leapfrogs over Georgia due to a massive blowout of Mchigan St.
    9-0
    9-0
    7-2 (45-14 win over #16 Miami)
    9-1

Surprises of the week

55 17
    makes it into the top 25 (25th) with their 9-0 record thus far
    crushes 35-7; LSU is now 2-8 on the season
    Last edited by jaymo76; 03-29-2015 at 04:40 PM.

has a buy this weekend. QB Morris will be ready to go for next game. Lexman has played well but he still needs seasoning. Before the injury, Morris ws on fire, throwing for over 1000 yards with 14TD ad 1 int. He will need that magic again if UNLV hopes to make a BCS push.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 03-29-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Maaaaaaaaaalllllll jaaaaaalaaaaaaaalllll

Looking at the top 10 the only real issue is They should not be in the top 10 period! As for the top 25 there are some issues IMO. Three loss teams are such as and are way in front of
    I agree that the big E has an easier schedule but they are 9-0 and from the looks of it, a pretty good team. The Florida teams have had some bad losses between then and do not deserve such a ranking.

Maaaaaaaaaalllllll jaaaaaalaaaaaaaalllll
    Just had a monster of a game. He might be one of the fastest players I have ever seen in NCAA. It's not the speed but rather the acceleration. Originally he was recruited as a kick returner but he has become so much more. He's only a junior so he can keep racking up the stats... unless he tries to go pro...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Just had a monster of a game. He might be one of the fastest players I have ever seen in NCAA. It's not the speed but rather the acceleration. Originally he was recruited as a kick returner but he has become so much more. He's only a junior so he can keep racking up the stats... unless he tries to go pro...
    I remember having an athlete who I turned into a receiver. Dude had 99 acl/97 spd by his redshirt sophomore year. I literally just threw bombs to him all day. He also had my most clutch KR for a TD of all time. I had just given up a TD and was down by 14 with 2 minutes and some change to go when he returned to following kickoff for a TD. I ended up sending that game into overtime where I won in 2OT. If I had a daughter, I would've let him hit it after that game. He saved my ass.

If I had a daughter, I would've let him hit it after that game. He saved my ass.
    Hahahaha

I almost missed this gold right here lol

With the bye week come and gone, let's check out what has happended around the NCAA.

Recruiting:

LOLB Travis Hill (64ovr) has committed to UNLV

Top 5:

10-0 defeated #13 49-21

10-0 defeteated

10-0 defeated #17 33-6

8-2 defeated 45-35

9-1 (bye week)

???
    (6-4) moves to #22 by defeating #15 45-24
    Teams ranked #18-25 all have three losses (except for Kentucky)