Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Run Commit

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    That is what I was exactly going to say. You could call a cover 4 defense then use run commit and all of sudden it would be a run stopping defense. That was bull crap and that will still work if you guess right.
    Have you tested that theory this season? I don't believe that to still be true. Locomotion and the improved blocking essentially nerfed all the advantages of Run Commiting out of pass formations.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-08-2010 at 10:55 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Have you tested that theory this season? I don't believe that to still be true. Locomotion and the improved blocking essentially nerfed all the advantages of Run Commiting out of pass formations.
    Then why do they still have it in the game?

Using it against the CPU I feel doesn't count because they counteract damn near everyhing you do. You could have a perfect blitz going and get all kinds of pressure only to see the QB get it off to a receiver not even finished with his pattern or looking.

But no I haven't tested it against other users, I believe some other people that I have played (not from this site) that have used it against me when I got close to the endzone.

Then why do they still have it in the game?
    I said "out of pass formations". It's still useful in Goalline situations, I-Form vs 4-3, or other situations where you'd expect run and be setup for run.

Since you're worried about RC out of Pass formations ... tested using practice mode, HUM controlled defense:
    I-Form Normal Iso vs 4-2-5 Cover 4 (No Commit): 7.0 yds average
    I-Form Normal Iso vs 4-2-5 Cover 4 (Run Mid): 6.7 yds average
    I-Form Normal Iso vs 4-2-5 Cover 4 (Run Left): 7.7 yds average
    I-Form Normal Iso vs 4-2-5 Cover 4 (Run Right): 6.7 yds average
    I-Form Normal Iso vs 4-2-5 Cover 4 (Pass Commit): 7.3 yds average

The only thing is that it's not at all like last year. I agree with the concerns that if you're in a 3-3-5 stack running prevent and you picked run commit in last year's game you still blew up the run. This year's game is not like that at all. We don't have it banned in another dynasty and I've used in running a 4-4 against a big set and guessed right and still got beat. It's more of a focus for your dline and lb's this year and it makes your secondary step in before going to coverage, unlike last year when everyone just crashed with super human strength.

I don't particularly care if we ban it or not since I don't really use it but I think people should try it out to get the full affect before deciding.

For what it's worth, I took a 4-2-5 Cover 1 (which is about as much of a run defense as you can get in 4-2-5), did Run Mid against an I-Form Iso, and still got blown up for 10+ yards because he beat my first tackler and everybody else got blocked.

If it doesn't work then why worry about using it?

Do you find it works sufficiently enough and is worth the benefit of not having it banned? Otherwise if it doesn't work then its pointless to use.

I give up my stance on it and I still won't use it but I was just wondering.

If it doesn't work then why worry about using it?
    If it doesn't work then why worry about banning it?
    Do you find it works sufficiently enough and is worth the benefit of not having it banned?
    Yes.

The point of my examples is not to show it does not work. The point is to show that it is not an "I win" button like it was, essentially, last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    If it doesn't work then why worry about banning it?
    Because I personally still feel its an easy out when "guessed" right. Obviously it still works when all stars are aligned I'm guessing but it still shouldn't be up to a button sequence to be able to stop a play, even if it is not overpowered.

Again its whatever everyone else chooses