Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Run Commit

• Facebook
  • Display

Run Commit

As Jeff has brought up run commit seems to be more realistic. I haven't used it once this year. Let me know if you still think this should still be banned.
    Last edited by Oneback; 08-08-2010 at 12:05 AM.

No reason to. It's a roll of the dice, and when you roll wrong, you do get hurt this year, even with the best defenses in the game. The combination of the improved run blocking with the locomotion system means running plays can have success, even when the players commit correctly.

I certainly don't use it much, but if I think the CPU is going to run up the middle on 3rd and 1, I'm going to call it. If they're lucky enough to run somewhere else, I get beat.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Yea....I'm too scared to use it....the first cpu game I played....I got PA'd for a long TD....I'll only use it in goalline situations....lol....definitely not as over-powered as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    Yea....I'm too scared to use it....
    Hahahaha. Anything all-mighty Papa is too scared to use can't be bannable.

I used it a few times tonight and I don't think it's as over powered as it use to be. So I would be up for the unbanning of it.

i have not used it, would rather keep it banned.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    i have not used it, would rather keep it banned.
    Same

My only thoughts about it are, in Goalline packages (or 3 TE's) I feel like you should be able to commit to any side. That is and would be realistic in my opinion.

I have used it against the CPU on short yardages packages, and have been burnt big time.

I'm fine with guys wanting to keep it banned ... but if you haven't used it and don't know what it's like on NCAA 11 ... why vote for it to be banned?

because i think it is gimmicky and dont like the idea in the first place.

I just don't like the idea of being able to tell your team to sell out and commit to the run. Whatever happened to the days of calling and play then executing it? There are other ways to have your team "commit" to the run which is by calling a blitz for example.

It defeinitely wouldn't help to allow it in gl situations because I sure don't see a risk in it. If you guess wrong you should still be in good shape defensively because it is such a small space defenders will still be in position to make a play on a pass.

Just don't like the idea of a feature that can make any play the right play if you guess right. Hell you could be running man coverage with only the default 3 or 4 rushing, then use run commit and guess right now all of sudden its turned into a run stopper.

Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-08-2010 at 11:55 AM.

I vote for it. Not gimmicky when you have to be right. If I guess wrong I will be beat for alot of yards. Is abusing something that is messed up in the game gimmicky?

DL aggressive is and we allow that, so i guess we can use run commit
    Last edited by fsuprime; 08-08-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Dline aggressive is not. just because it says jump the snap does not mean instant pressure.

cool, i still vote no and im in the minority so this will probably be allowed.

DL aggressive is and we allow that, so i guess we can use run commit
    Actually, I stopped using Aggressive after the recent discussion. I figure other guys probably did too.
    cool, i still vote no and im in the minority so this will probably be allowed.
    Maybe if you had more reasoning than "it's gimmicky", people would be swayed to your side. There's a central difference between Run Commit and DL Aggressive. DL Aggressive is all reward with absolutely no risk. Run Commit has big risk if you guess wrong.

We banned it last season because it allowed people to call certain defenses, Run Commit, and then have a perfect defense against everything. That is not the case this year. Far from it.

i dont feel like saying anything more, skip did a nice job imo, but im not here to argue and convince other people, just to state my opinion and agree with the decision of the tribe
    Last edited by fsuprime; 08-08-2010 at 07:17 PM.

I agree with Skip, run the play and execute it. But that can be said for about everything thats in this game. It does get frustrating but then again other than in a GL situation its more or less guessing tendencies and past plays that people go back to throughout the game. Myself included
    Last edited by texacotea; 08-08-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    We banned it last season because it allowed people to call certain defenses, Run Commit, and then have a perfect defense against everything. That is not the case this year. Far from it.
    That is what I was exactly going to say. You could call a cover 4 defense then use run commit and all of sudden it would be a run stopping defense. That was bull crap and that will still work if you guess right. In the end its what everybody else wants, I still won't use it though
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-08-2010 at 10:17 PM.