Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation TV

• Facebook
  • Display

Sony came out today saying they're reconsidering a U.S. and European releases.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Sony came out today saying they're reconsidering a U.S. and European releases.
    Yes!

Sony also came out today and said the western interest in PS Vita TV was greater than expected.
    The dude abides.

Sony also came out today and said the western interest in PS Vita TV was greater than expected.
    Sony has to be screwing with people here. All along have plans for it is US, but act like you are changing course to satisfy customer demand. 'What a great company!'

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Sony has to be screwing with people here. All along have plans for it is US, but act like you are changing course to satisfy customer demand. 'What a great company!'
    Sony is on a PR roll with this "we listen to our customers" / "we are all about gamers" and they KNOW it. This work up to the launch from the initial announcement to date has been practically flawless especially when compared to their #1 competitor.

I'm sure they planned on Vita TV coming to the states at some point. Now are they bumping up the launch of that? Possibly. Are they "surprised" of the demand for Vita TV? Again possibly. No way to know for sure but if your Sony with the good will you have built up for PS4 no reason to not capitalize on a complimentary product that many people would probably like to have (assuming no lag issues with remote ps4 play).

Pre-ordered mine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Honestly I don't really see how it's worth the bang for the buck? Outside of playing on another tv in your house, how does it fit the $99 price tag?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Honestly I don't really see how it's worth the bang for the buck? Outside of playing on another tv in your house, how does it fit the $99 price tag?
    I think it can play any Vita game through the card slot. You can also purchase games directly from the system for PS1, PS2, and PS3. You're basically buying a gaming system without spending a few hundred.
    The dude abides.

I think it can play any Vita game through the card slot. You can also purchase games directly from the system for PS1, PS2, and PS3. You're basically buying a gaming system without spending a few hundred.
    Yep its worth it to me for that alone. I have a TON of "free" PS+ Vita games I'd like to play but cant b/c I haven't bought a Vita.

I'm guessing you'd have to buy a Vita card for the memory on the device? If so that kinda sucks with as overpriced as those are.
    The dude abides.

Also,

A DUALSHOCK 3 or 4 controller (sold separately) is required.
    I was afraid that only the DS3 was compatible since that is what they're selling with the bundle, so I'm glad that the DS4 works too.
    The dude abides.

I'm guessing you'd have to buy a Vita card for the memory on the device? If so that kinda sucks with as overpriced as those are.
    Yeah that's my guess as well. I just don't travel enough anymore (or need it to remote play PS4 since its not in the living room on the main tv) to justify a Vita purchase. However, for $99 (+ whatever the cost is for a vita memory card(s)) I'd be tempted just to give me access to all the free + games they keep giving me.

http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-playstation-tv/

Unfortunately, Sony's PlayStation TV is cursed with a storage problem. There's only 1GB of internal storage, just like the Vita Slim, and to add more -- which will most certainly will need to -- requires Vita memory cards. Yes, it means you can swap in Vita memory cards and play them seamlessly on the PlayStation TV, but it also means you can't use regular SD or microSD, or even Memory Sticks, to add on storage for game or movie downloads. Vita memory cards are proprietary and still really expensive.
    I played Diablo III via Wi-Fi Remote Play on the PlayStation TV using a DualShock 4 controller, and the experience was pretty good. The frame rate wasn't silky-smooth, but it was very playable, and somewhat like Remote Play already feels on the Vita when connected to PS4 -- but with the benefit of a full analog-trigger controller.
    For those who can't afford full-price consoles, these microconsoles could be interesting. But it really isn't clear how fun, or flexible, the PlayStation TV will feel when it's finally ready to play here in the US.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah that's my guess as well. I just don't travel enough anymore (or need it to remote play PS4 since its not in the living room on the main tv) to justify a Vita purchase. However, for $99 (+ whatever the cost is for a vita memory card(s)) I'd be tempted just to give me access to all the free + games they keep giving me.
    Plus you can play Vita games on the big screen which is kinda cool.
    The dude abides.

Plus you can play Vita games on the big screen which is kinda cool.
    Yep. How much do these memory cards cost? Also how many game(s) (on average) does one hold?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yep. How much do these memory cards cost? Also how many game(s) (on average) does one hold?
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...x=vita+m%2Caps

Retail games on Vita are around 3-4 GB
    The dude abides.