Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 25 - PS3/360 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    One guy on twitter said the sliders work a lot better on retail than the demo. I hope that's true.
    I would tend to agree. They do seem more effective. With cpu pass coverage at 70 I struggled with Bradford to throw the ball. There were several instances of mirror route running which resulted in the cpu sacking me on multiple occasions.

Also, really disappointed in the lack of stat overlays in this game. No score ticker and minimal immersion really impacts the experience. Presentation made no visible jump IMO. With the exception of the sideline reporter it's almost identical to Madden 13.

My penalty sliders (posted in the sliders section) resulted in 13 penalties last game (though five were roughing the passer). However it's always the same: holding, clipping, facemask, and roughing the passer. Nothing else is called. Another thing with sliders... auto-subs are 50 in 50 out as default. You MUST change these before you play or else your players NEVER come out. I also moved fatigue to 65 and that helps a lot.

Just another quick note... assisted tackles are almost non-existent and it seems the cpu almost never gets them. Also, gang tackles must be a thing of the past because it seems like all tackles are solo ventures? I miss the days of pro-tak in Madden 10 where multiple players would contribute to a tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    After getting around to downloading this earlier tonight around 5pm, I've delved into owner mode a little bit. Reminds me of back in the day on Madden 06 (or thereabouts).

I technically only on week 1. I created a second save of the franchise so I could get first hand experience with rebuilding a stadium. I'm trying to decide if I'll just put some band aids on Mile High Stadium with a couple remodels here and there, or just sink the money in and go the distance with a full rebuild. If I were to rebuild, I'd lose probably 500-600 suites with the changeover, but I'd gain a little more in overall capacity, and would most likely be able to make up the loss in tickets available for suits with increased capacity in club, mezzanine and upper level tickets.

Just simming through, while my new stadium is built, currently in week 10. I'll probably sim through the season and get to next year when my stadium is done, and then return to my original save and start over from week 1, actually taking the time to go through it properly.

I definitely think, with the addition of owner mode, that I'll get a lot more time and fun out of Madden 25 than I've gotten out of Madden 13 in the last 8 months since I've bought it. The only thing will be waiting until November or December to buy it, since I'd rather just wait and get it for Xbox One (provided it is 100% the same as the 360 version) instead of buying it now for 360 and then either not having it on Xbox One or buying it again for Xbox One.
    Well I don't know what to do. I started this ONLINE Rams franchise as a test dynasty. However, something has happened along the way... I came to the conclusion that I like this team. I tried to make a few trades but the cpu would not bite so I have added some pieces through free agency and this team has a lot of potential. Plus, moving to Houston I want to see that season. My oldest son picked the Deluxe futuristic stadium design and we have already given it a nickname: "THE SPACE CENTRE." Damn I should have made this offline so I could do multiple save points...

Another issue I may have and I know it's small but to ME it's huge... MY Raiders are no more...The Brookyln Yanks begin play next year. From online reports it sounds like the frequency of teams moving is too high. I would much rather see new stadiums than a handful of relocations in five years. In addition, you cannot move a team back once they are gone.

I started a 2nd franchise with the Raiders. This is offline. Once again I am happy to report that schemes do in fact save in offline franchise. Also I noticed that you do not have to choose your stadium option in the first week. You do have time to decide (not sure how much just yet).

I cannot find how to change play positions. I know you can do it outside of the season but I guess it must only be available at the end of the 1st season, not before the first season starts. It seems like most rosters are NOT filled to the 75 man limit. The roster update was NOT really an update as most teams are missing a lot of players.

In week two of the preseason the Rams announce they are moving to LA. I decided to dismiss the relocation option. After dismissing I no longer had the ability to relocate for that season. I still have the option to upgrade or rebuild.

In week one of the season I decided to import draft classes from NCAA just to see how it works. I scouted one of my players from Arizona ST. Strangely I was the OC and our team ran a 3-4 yet the scouting says his scheme is a 4-3. I guess there isn't much tie in to the NCAA series...? I confirmed this by looking at some of my other players. They all basically have new life stories.

I like how at anytime (offline) you can create or terminate a new character. All you have to do is push down (re on ps3). This is a nice addition. I took over the owner of the rams and then tried to trade between my two teams Austin for Barnes). The trade offer was accepted which leads me to believe this could be used as a work-around to get a trade that you want.

Having control of multiple teams you are given the "force advance" option if you don't want to play/do anything with one of your multiple people. The twitter feed and news will be identical for any owner/player, etc.

By week 4 I am now locked out of stadium rebuild. All I can do now is upgrade so that's what I chose. However, the Coliseum is too old so I am left with renovating. I chose to renovate the seating and the concessions. Twitter gave mention to my efforts. All upgrades and renovations are NOT visible in the game FYI.

I still cannot unlock the advanced features for food, etc because I cannot upgrade the stadium. Interestingly, the trade that brought me Tavon Austin also brought me 344k of jersey sales last week. This guy is a marketing magnet.

I have not seen one player mentioned on twitter or in the news who is in the NCAA draft class. I guess they are isolated totally from cfm. I will NOT be using NCAA classes as this really kills the cfm immersion.

Another area of note... I was not asked to negotiate any deals until week 8. They have also changed the screen and removed all the stuff about player interest, fit, etc. Why would that be removed??? That just seems silly to me.

Renovating your stadium really makes a difference. I have went from 31st to 23rd in stadium ranking just from three renovations.

The news feed was celebrating the last game in St. Louis (week 14). I decided to play the first quarter and just like I thought... not one word about it from the broadcast. Again Madden, you need to figure out the little details. I hope this would be addressed for ps4 but with Tiburon I really don't know...

side-note: a 1-13 team moving next season should not have a sold out stadium IMO.

Bizarre! In the last week of the season I find out that Minnesota is getting a new stadium (via the news). Why was that not mentioned before???

End of the season:

Raiders made 44.4 million
    Rams made 30.9 million

league leaders:
    passing: Rodgers 4,869 24td 12 int
    td: Brees 37
    ints.: Shaub 21
    rushing Peterson 2,492 16 td's
    catches: Nelson 117 catches
    receiving yards: Calvin Johnson 1622 yards
    tackles: Kuechly 184

During the wildcard week I fired Fisher and the Rams trainer. I dismissed the options for the Raiders. After dismissing the re-signing options I am not able to fire the coaching staff. For the Rams there were only 10 head coaches available. Why is the pool so small? I didn't choose anyone and now I don't have a HC. I'm not sure what is going to happen with that???

It's now the Superbowl and I can edit. Oops... I just realised NOT all players can change positions. Maybe I could have made changes earlier??? You cannot change kickers, punters, quarterbacks, middle linebackers, wide receivers, fullbacks, halfbacks, centres, or cornerbacks. Basically all you can move is left to right (eg LE to RE or ROLB to LOLB or FS to SS). This really sucks and is very misleading information from the Tiburon team. Why can an MLB not be moved to an outside linebacker or to LE? This is absolutely crazy!!!
    EDIT: It appears that there are more positions available for certain players (eg LOLB to LE). I'm not sure if this is player specific OR if it occurs the later into the post season/off season??? On second thought it must be once you get past the suer bowl because there is a lot more available now.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-24-2013 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Bizarre! In the last week of the season I find out that Minnesota is getting a new stadium (via the news). Why was that not mentioned before???

End of the season:

Raiders made 44.4 million
    Rams made 30.9 million

league leaders:
    passing: Rodgers 4,869 24td 12 int
    td: Brees 37
    ints.: Shaub 21
    rushing Peterson 2,492 16 td's
    catches: Nelson 117 catches
    receiving yards: Calvin Johnson 1622 yards
    tackles: Kuechly 184
    Nelson 117 catches and Peterson with almost 2500 yards, yikes. Not too realistic there I'm afraid.

I and others appreciate the info Jaymo, Thanks.

When you do the draft is the commentary any different? Any improvements during the draft at all(post-draft team grades)? I would love for them to mention each of the 1st rd picks. I want the game to recognize when a division champ or Super Bowl Champion is on the clock. I would love some brief analysis on who the experts think my team should draft.

Generally speaking I am very disappointed with the lack of depth with regards to coaches (hiring and firing). There are only ten choices and all are fake except for fired staff. This could have been so much better IMO. Why go halfway on a feature like this? We should be able to contact current coaches; we should have access to dozens of coaches; we should have retired coaches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Nelson 117 catches and Peterson with almost 2500 yards, yikes. Not too realistic there I'm afraid.

I and others appreciate the info Jaymo, Thanks.

When you do the draft is the commentary any different? Any improvements during the draft at all(post-draft team grades)? I would love for them to mention each of the 1st rd picks. I want the game to recognize when a division champ or Super Bowl Champion is on the clock. I would love some brief analysis on who the experts think my team should draft.
    I imported draft classes so there was no discussion at all. In my non-test dynasty I will use the created classes. IMO I would not recommend people import NCAA classes because you lose so much immersion.

Just a side note but you can edit players BEFORE your first pre-season game (season 2).

I had an exhibition game vs SF. WOW! Levi Field is a beauty! However, there was no commentary regarding the new stadium (maybe because it was pre-season?).

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Jaymo will you please check out if you can relocate a team more than once and keep the previous relocation name and uniforms. You don't have to relocate again for the Rams just check if you are able to relocate again at the start of year 2. I really hope this is possible because I want to create teams like the Memphis Blues or LA Express but those names aren't available unless you choose it in a prior relocation to Chicago or San Antonio.

PS I sure hope there is defense to be found in the retail version especially pass defense.
    With the Rams I moved them to LA. However, in season two I was not able to begin relocation again because the stadium is brand new. You will need to let the stadium deteriorate to below 20 (and it's currently at 99). You can probably move your team again but it will take a long, long time. Sorry.

Okay wow! I took all night simming through to see the Rams play in their new stadium and in week four of pre-season the game freezes. It's a hard freeze and my system is totally locked. Unbelievable! I haven't saved anything because this was just a test dynasty. This royally sucks!