Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Madden NFL 25 - PS3/360 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Well I beat the Falcons in a close game and I didn't feel much doing it this morning. I'm just burnt out on Madden football I guess. Time for a break.

The game itself has a cartoony look and feel imo. I have NEVER liked the way the players have moved and controlled this generation. I miss the feel of the PS2 days where I could actually play pass defence without switching. The way the game plays and moves isn't close to real football imo. Other sports games are real close but not this one. Maybe next gen will get this right but I'm not holding my breath.

My brother lent me Red Dead Redemption and that will give me a break. It would be nice if EA patched the Dolphins uniforms. They aren't even close to being the right colour and the 2012 and 2013 "white" pants are off-white and don't mention. Just adds to the list of little things bugging me about the game right now.

I just played a game of the NCAA 14 demo earlier today. It seemed like there was more movement on the lines in terms of blocks than Madden. Was I imagining things?

I downloaded a group of NCAA draft classes from OS to test how they import into M25. I noticed something strange when I scouted a player's Overall rating which costs between 9,000-12,000 SP this year depending on your scout. I got the game to generate a draft story for every player that had his Overall fully scouted. QB Johnny Manziel was an 80 Overall and in the news feed it said, "Are the Steelers taking Johnny Manziel in April's Draft?" Along with a picture of him throwing the ball in his A&M #2 jersey. Also Teddy Bridgewater was an 85 and the Jaguars scouted him and the twitter feed said, "Jaguars clearly interested in T. Bridgewater. Plenty of other teams know he's a top end talent too." I thought there was no chance of getting news stories or tweets when you imported, guess I was wrong. Pretty cool to see the stories and pics in the game.

It costs over 10,000 points for the overall? Is that the generic letter grade or the full unlocked grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It costs over 10,000 points for the overall? Is that the generic letter grade or the full unlocked grade?
    Depends on your scout but the points are either 1500 or 2000 SP to unlock the letter grade and then an additional 7500 or 10,000 SP to get his actual rating (9-12,000 total SP).

Letter grades are not very reliable though since I noticed 88-99 is the range for an A grade, 77-87 is B, and 66-76 is a C grade. I would think that having another letter grade unlocked before overall using the + and - grading system would be much better. I would make it 500 for generic overall letter grade then 1000 for specific +/- letter grade than 5000 for actual rating. I don't see why a player would waste his SP on actual ratings if the +/- scale was like 97-99 A+, 93-96 A, 90-92 A- that would give you a pretty good idea unlike now with the large ranges for letter grades.

Scouts are only in owner mode I believe. I was just doing franchise but haven't played much at all.

Scouts are only in owner mode I believe. I was just doing franchise but haven't played much at all.
    Since the news broke on NCAA I have been playing quite a bit, regardless of all the flaws. However, I haven't been struck yet by the need to play Madden.

I've been trying to get auto subs to work but just can't get it right. If Fatigue is set too high 58+ then certain positions(HB, DE, OLB) often fail to return to the field sometime in the 4th qtr. If you lower fatigue to 55 then you and the cpu can run continuously with 1 HB the entire game getting 30+ carries every game since running is overpowered. Because of this I am at a loss, I don't think there is a sweet spot so to speak and the auto subs just seems broken even if you put it at 90 sub in and 85 sub out the #1 HB gets all the carries.

We've heard nothing about a patch. I have to think their work on next gen has slowed this stuff down.

We've heard nothing about a patch. I have to think their work on next gen has slowed this stuff down.
    I would suggest no patch is coming. Next gen is now and the current console is pretty much forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I would suggest no patch is coming. Next gen is now and the current console is pretty much forgotten.
    Yep thankfully they added GRASS and SMART GLASS*

*but only if you purchased XB1.

I'm about done with Madden. I just played a game this morning after haven't playing a franchise game in 2.5 weeks. The lack of sideline awareness is really annoying me. Almost all out routes or crossing routes near a sideline end up non-catches out of bounds. The QB constantly leads the ball out of bounds and the receivers show no awareness and are sprinting as though they are trying to get out of bounds. There have been times where I do make the catch and they rule it out of bounds because the WR does a funky animation and the foot doesn't actually touch the ground. The foot planting is so bad that the foot hovers above the grass and then moves forward. What I thought was a clear catch ends up wasting a challenge because the foot hovering screws me. I'm just tired of dealing with some of this stuff.

I'm about done with Madden. I just played a game this morning after haven't playing a franchise game in 2.5 weeks. The lack of sideline awareness is really annoying me. Almost all out routes or crossing routes near a sideline end up non-catches out of bounds. The QB constantly leads the ball out of bounds and the receivers show no awareness and are sprinting as though they are trying to get out of bounds. There have been times where I do make the catch and they rule it out of bounds because the WR does a funky animation and the foot doesn't actually touch the ground. The foot planting is so bad that the foot hovers above the grass and then moves forward. What I thought was a clear catch ends up wasting a challenge because the foot hovering screws me. I'm just tired of dealing with some of this stuff.
    How different a year makes hey Rudy? Last year as compared to this year is like a totally different reality and not for the good IMO.

A kid is selling NCAA 14 for only $25 off Kijiji. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow after my son's football game. If I don't like it I will be able to get my money back through trade-in/resale no problem. I've played the demo a little bit today. NCAA players seem to have more weight to them. I don't see the sideline issues as much. Maybe that's because when I throw to the wide side of the field it's really wide and/or you only need one foot in bounds so I don't get pissed off as much. I like the co-ordinator cam the best simply because it's the only one where I can see the outside WRs the whole time. I must say I have SUCKED at the demo the last few games. I'm getting my butt handed to me.

Edit - not picking up the game. The kid doesn't even have the case and is just trying to unload it. It's probably stolen so no thanks.
    Last edited by Rudy; 10-11-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Another season for NBA 2013-2014 has just started again. In my opinion, for this season's game players are more eligible because they are much younger Goodluck to the next winning team!

ps3-
    finally got the game new from target the Thursday after Christmas for 39$.

the animation and camera depth in general makes the players kind of small to me. I just think they should be a little bigger in general.

the infinity engine seems worse and not better and the game in a lot of ways doesn't play different than ncaa but the interceptions come a little more frequent. Offensive line play is still bad.

why cant all mighty madden add real time weather like ncaa can ?

NCAA >> Madden for this year ..