Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 25 - PS3/360 Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 25 - PS3/360 Impressions

With season ticket Madden about to launch in 30 minutes we need an impression thread ready so here it is.

I have to leave in 25 minutes for my annual office golf scramble. I'd rather be reading Madden impressions lol. I don't have season ticket so I look forward to reading the impressions (please check out the special teams sliders too).

PS3 download is now available. It's a pretty hefty file... 7.8 GB! Currently my download time is 79 minutes.

Having problems on 360. When you go to download, it says "There are no items available for purchase at this time." Why am I not surprised?

Now it's working.

Wow! Servers must be busy... I jumped from 79 mins to 122 mins...

Timing hits up the middle definitely results in more drops than it does in NCAA with the few games I've played so far.
    The dude abides.

Menus are LAGGY, but the playcall screen isn't thankfully.
    The dude abides.

The dude abides.

I hoped the return of owner functionality in Connected Franchises would be that advancement, but its revenue and fan happiness NFL ranking system is confusing (how could my Team Success rating get lower after going deep into the playoffs?) and, in the end, didn't matter. Even with a seemingly toxic combination of a bad stadium, a losing team, and high prices, I still could sign players and renovate my stadium. I like the fact that your team funds correlate directly to how much of a signing bonus you can offer players, the staff you hire, and the state of your stadium, but there are other franchise/money-related features that are still missing. These omissions include being able to offer different contract options to players and restricted *free *agency.

These latter two points may be relatively insignificant, but the franchise mode still hasn't recovered all of the features that were previously purged, and presents limited choices such as not being able to negotiate rookie or in-season free agent contracts. Minute details like this are wrapped in larger-scale oddities such as a menu system that still buries or omits info.
    This is a passage from Game Informer that I really didn't like. Yeah it's a really good game but..." Only playing franchise mode all of the functions and options need to be there for next gen.

This is pasta's Owner Mode write up. It's a great read and very detailed.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/08/23...de-impressions

This sucks... 1.5 hours in and I am only at 59%. This may be one of the slowest downloads I have experienced in a long, long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    This sucks... 1.5 hours in and I am only at 59%. This may be one of the slowest downloads I have experienced in a long, long, long time.
    Not sure what I'm at

Brought my PS3 to work with me because we are currently getting

It was 42 down and 41 up earlier

I don't have it hooked to a monitor because I don't have the adapter lol. Bought one earlier from Amazon for next time or if I just want to bring my PS3 in to play

It was at 4% before I left the house at 2. Took about 40 minutes to get to that.

Took a friend of mine little under an hour 20 minutes. He has FIOs though

Just a few little things.

1. The 26mb patch for ps3 has fixed the invisible players glitch
    2. nice and SHORT intro speeds things up
    3. the windows 8 tile approach is easy to navigate (eg download updated rosters, etc.)
    4. the default roster is very inaccurate at this point and time
    ** custom will be the way to proceed IMO
    5. using l1/r1 to navigate makes a lot more sense than r3 like last year.

PS the community files is a really cool feature. I will look into this more at a later date. I will probably upload my own sliders at some point.

edit: i downloaded the top 25 plays playbook just to see how it works.

Rudy, this one's for you... special teams sliders are different for hum and cpu!!!

I started a test dynasty (online) with the Rams. I chose to be a new owner (former player). First off the hoe screen is so much cleaner and far better organized. There is a lot of stuff to check out.

First off... if you change your schemes they stay changed... I switch to a balanced offense and it didn't revert!!!
    Second... I originally set relocation to normal only to find out that I could not move. Oops, I had to change it to everyone.
    third... there is a pretty big lag from loading between screens.

Relocation has begun as I have that ball rolling. Just to bug the fans I have jacked up ticket prices and made the jersey $165 and chicken salad $20

So one little annoyance... you have to practise if you want xp. You cannot simulate it this year. I see they have changed some of the practise packages too. They look a little shorter too.