Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden 25 Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display
    Yeah, I think the pass reaction slider was backwards last year too but it was so weak I really had a hard time if it did anything at all let alone backwards. I know one guy ran tests on out routes and felt it was definitely better coverage with it lower but some other routes had mixed results. I will just leave that alone and play with the coverage one. That is the one good thing they did this year was add that slider.

So guys, are your demo sliders working well or no? Any further thought in this area?

I've read posts indicating many of the sliders are broken (i.e. they don't work). IF I could find a set that worked better than NCAA I'd be interested in the game but from what I have tried thus far its basically the same game (no defense) with NFL Franchise mode instead of Dynasty mode.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I've read posts indicating many of the sliders are broken (i.e. they don't work). IF I could find a set that worked better than NCAA I'd be interested in the game but from what I have tried thus far its basically the same game (no defense) with NFL Franchise mode instead of Dynasty mode.
    I personally don't feel that way just by comparing the demos. In NCAA I felt it was very offensive driven with the average yardage per play very high. With sliders I found M25 to be a lot less offensive. I will agree that some sliders need to be a lot stronger - like the run blocking slider since run blocking is overpowered at default.

I guess the good thing is that the two games are different enough where I have read people argue they like the feel of one game over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Based on the amount I have played there is a lot more defense in Madden, especially if you make custom sliders. It's not great, far, far, far from it but it is better than NCAA IMO.

In the demo I saw a cpu kicker hit a 62 yarder with a couple to spare. I had come up short on a 50 yarder with someone once. So this morning I lowered the arrow and when I tried to hit a 50 yarder it went easy. I remember in M12 you had to lower the arrow to get more distance which makes sense although I don't know if I'll ever see a block. They removed that from M13 iirc. If you lowered the arrow last year it fell shorter. I think it's back to the way M12 did it.

Interesting tweets from one guy who says there is a trick with the sliders and difficulty to make the cpu tougher.

1) Set user and cpu sliders and save.
    2) Go back and change difficulty from Custom to All-Madden.
    3) Re-load slider set.
    4) Go to Profile and Save.

It's supposed to make the cpu stronger via @NYGiants4Natic. (Can't remember how to embed tweets lol - there are like 4 of them)

Last night I noticed that my sliders said custom so I changed them back to all madden (but still the same slider adjustments). Since then in my Ras franchise I have lost two straight!

Here is a breakdown from my last game vs. the Panthers

Rams 17 Panthers 23

220 offense 366
    79 rushing 173
    141 passing 193
    9 first downs 18
    371 total yards 423
    13:01 time of possession 30:59

I have played around with auto subs a little but and truthfully I find that they don't work all that well.

Auto subs work OK but you get the disappearing RB depending on your settings. I had fatigue at 62 with RB at 75/85 and David Wilson disappeared in the 4th quarter for the Giants.

I'm not sure what to put my human coverage sliders at. It's going to take me awhile to figure out exactly where I want certain things.

Edit: I think I'm pretty close now. I'm sure it will need further tweaking but I don't see major changes (hopefully).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GSXRxdmc#gid=0
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-28-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Has anyone set up some sliders and shared them yet?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I haven't. It's a bit of a pain I think because you have to download two files for the sliders (user and cpu). They do list DL ratings on their section for rosters and what not but I don't think they let you rate them. I downloaded this one roster file and it was terrible (healthy starters on bench).

I've just been playing on default sliders right now. Haven't made any changes yet after a few games, but once I get my CCM with CDJ going, along with solo CCM I'm doing with Da Bears, I'll see what needs to be changed.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I haven't uploaded them yet but what I have posted on page one is what I am currently using. I'm getting some pretty good games.

Skill level: Custom/starting point ALL-MADDEN
    options:
    play clock run-off (15 seconds)
    11 min quarters
    playcalling- conventional
    camera- standard (I personally like this as it reminds me of NCAA coordinator cam)

threshold: 50
    fatigue: 65
    injuries: 68
    game speed: SLOW

Penalties:

offside: 100
    false start: 70
    holding: 75
    facemask: 65
    d pass int. 100
    o. pass int. 100
    kr/pr int. 100
    clipping: 75
    grounding: 100
    rough passer: 54 (55 is too high)
    rough kicker: 100

sliders: HUM vs CPU

qb acc. 20 /20 * minimal impact
    pass block 25 / 25 * doesn't seem to work
    wr catch 50 / 48 * there are a lot of drops if you go below 50
    run block 50 / 50
    fumbles 45 / 45
    pass reaction 50 / 50
    ints. 30 / 30
    pass covg. 65 / 75
    tackle 52 / 52

If you upload, gimme a holler and I'll download.
    The dude abides.

JB, out of curiosity, do you find the Madden gameplay better than NCAA this year? I know like most of us you are a big NCAA guy but for me this year Madden (with MAJOR SLIDER TWEAKS) seems to play a much, much better, cleaner, more natural game of football.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    JB, out of curiosity, do you find the Madden gameplay better than NCAA this year? I know like most of us you are a big NCAA guy but for me this year Madden (with MAJOR SLIDER TWEAKS) seems to play a much, much better, cleaner, more natural game of football.
    I've yet to play with sliders. With the new share feature, I was just waiting for a good set to use

So once you upload yours, let me know

I've played mostly MUT games and a couple of CCM games.
    The dude abides.

I did upload my sliders. Still don't see why they would put user and cpu as separate. They are still integrated and need to be kept together.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Skill level: Custom/starting point ALL-MADDEN
    options:
    play clock run-off (15 seconds)
    11 min quarters
    playcalling- conventional
    camera- standard (I personally like this as it reminds me of NCAA coordinator cam)

threshold: 50
    fatigue: 65
    injuries: 70
    game speed: SLOW

Penalties:

offside: 100
    false start: 70
    holding: 75
    facemask: 65
    d pass int. 100
    o. pass int. 100
    kr/pr int. 100
    clipping: 75
    grounding: 100
    rough passer: 54 (55 is too high)
    rough kicker: 100

sliders: HUM vs CPU

qb acc. 20 /20 * minimal impact
    pass block 25 / 25 * doesn't seem to work
    wr catch 50 / 48 * there are a lot of drops if you go below 50
    run block 50 / 50
    fumbles 45 / 45 * doesn't seem to work all that often
    pass reaction 50 / 50
    ints. 30 / 30
    pass covg. 65 / 75 * doesn't have a huge impact update: works a lot better on retail
    tackle 52 / 52

These are still a work in progress. The game plays better with slider tweaks but the sliders are pretty weak this year IMO.
    jaymo just some quick impressions and some friendly advice after I tried your sliders for 3 games (2 pre-season games and 1 regular season game) of Franchise mode. I had a ton of face masks penalties the 1st 2 games so in the 3rd I lowered face masking down to 58 and it helped a good bit. I went from about 10 in each of the 1st 2 games down to 3 in my last game. I had 12 sacks and then 3 but the last game went back up to 8. I rarely blitz so mostly scramble sacks, coverage sacks, and just D Lineman dominating the O Lineman 1 on 1. I have no idea why but your slider set was causing the CPU to over use the Hit Stick tackle compared to my set. I think it may have to do with the penalty sliders since my penalty set is drastically different in KR/PR Interference (30), Roughing the Passer(10), and Roughing the Kicker(30). If you are up to it might want to mess with those and see if it tones down the big hits. I played Broncos and Rams pre-season game in one of my CF's and the Broncos CPU defense was hit sticking me every chance they got 1 on 1, including their small cb's. It just felt like an arcade game with all those big hits, who knows but maybe one or all of those penalties are screwing with the aggressiveness of the CPU. I will say that there isn't as much difference to me in game speed between slow and normal as past years. I played on slow when I used your sliders and I noticed the stopping on tosses and pitches for HB's and the occasional stopping after catches in the open field which I got when I played on fast with NCAA. I never see that stuff on normal game speed.

Here are mine if anyone wants to give them a try.

League Settings:
    Difficulty: Set to All-Madden to start before adjusting sliders.
    Quarter Length: 11 min
    Accelerated Clock: 13 Seconds
    Game Speed: Normal

Skills: HUM / CPU
    QB Accuracy: 6 / 10
    Pass Blocking: 40 / 50
    WR Catching: 35 / 45
    Run Blocking: 5 / 10
    Fumbles: 20 / 25
    Pass Defense: 50 / 55
    Interceptions: 35 / 40
    Pass Coverage: 50 / 80
    Tackling: 50 / 50

Special Team:
    FG Power: 45
    FG Accuracy: 5
    Punt Power: 45
    Punt Accuracy: 5
    Kickoff Power: 52

Options:
    Injuries: 55
    Fatigue: 55
    Speed Threshold: 50

Penalties:
    Offside: 60
    False Start: 55
    Holding: 60
    Facemask: 55
    Def Interference: 70
    Off Interference: 75
    Punt Catch: 70
    Clipping: 55
    Intentional Grounding: 65
    Roughing Passer: 50
    Roughing Kicker: 50
    Last edited by HANDSWARD; 09-01-2013 at 03:05 PM.