Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden 25 Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden 25 Sliders

Anyone interested in sharing sliders and slider tweaks post them here.

Skill level: Custom/starting point ALL-MADDEN
    options:
    play clock run-off (15 seconds)
    11 min quarters
    playcalling- conventional
    camera- standard (I personally like this as it reminds me of NCAA coordinator cam)

threshold: 50
    fatigue: 65
    injuries: 70
    game speed: SLOW

Penalties:

offside: 100
    false start: 70
    holding: 75
    facemask: 65
    d pass int. 100
    o. pass int. 100
    kr/pr int. 100
    clipping: 75
    grounding: 100
    rough passer: 54 (55 is too high)
    rough kicker: 100

sliders: HUM vs CPU

qb acc. 20 /20 * minimal impact
    pass block 25 / 25 * doesn't seem to work
    wr catch 50 / 48 * there are a lot of drops if you go below 50
    run block 50 / 50
    fumbles 45 / 45 * doesn't seem to work all that often
    pass reaction 50 / 50
    ints. 30 / 30
    pass covg. 65 / 75 * doesn't have a huge impact update: works a lot better on retail
    tackle 52 / 52

These are still a work in progress. The game plays better with slider tweaks but the sliders are pretty weak this year IMO.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-27-2013 at 06:20 PM.

FYI: I have not touched threshold because the zone D is pretty weak and the qb's are fairly accurate so I decided not to change the speed differences. Plus, speed backs already dominate in this game.

FYI 2: I haven't touched tackle because each RB is totally different. Ray Rice cannot run on me whearas I cannot stop Marshawn Lynch.

All - Madden Custom sliders

Accelerated clock on
    Play clock run-off: 20 seconds with 12 minute quarters
    Game speed: Normal (Just like NCAA anything other than normal speed results in RB stopping after receiving pitches and tosses, pathetic)
    Speed threshold: 0 (Again just like NCAA 14 little to no breakaway speed in this game)
    Fatigue: 50 (Not going to change this until I see that it works properly over the course of a Franchise game)
    Injuries: 40 (Almost every hit stick tackle results in an injury especially if it occurs later in the game)

Penalties:

Offsides: 100 (Makes the CPU defenders shed more blocks and collapse the pocket better)
    False start: 0 (Still happended to CPU lol, but helps calm down the OL)
    Holding: 99 (I have seen 2-3 a game after switching to this number)
    Facemask: 55 (Go too high and fumbles dry up)
    Def PI: 50
    Off PI: 0
    KR/PR Int: 25 (Helps coverage on special teams)
    Clipping: 55
    Intl. grounding: 45
    Roughing the Passer: 25 (Helps pass rush a little)
    Roughing the Kicker: 25 (Helps coverage on special teams)

sliders: HUM vs CPU

QB Accuracy 5 /20 I agree with Jaymo this is a weak slider since I still torched CPU with 5
    Pass Blocking 10 / 0 I'm not really seeing much difference except the usual right side of the OL giving up on blocks more easily
    WR Catching 45 / 55 CPU drops more than Hum so little bump there
    Run Blocking 25 / 55 May have to bump CPU up some more thanks to 100 Offsides
    Fumbles 25 / 50 Noticed that Hit Stick fumbles increase below default
    Pass Reaction 10 / 90 Doesn't seem to really work maybe its backwards lol
    Interceptions 20 / 40 I got a couple of these each game
    Pass Coverage 40 / 90 Again pretty weak slider
    Tackling 25 / 25 Might raise this up but then fumbles tend to increase too much for my liking

I will also say that the LE sack issue still seems to be a problem so I again will make roster edits to all LT's like I have to do every Madden so sad they put so little effort into tuning the pass rush in this game. I put backups into game for both teams my last game and it seemed to help some, I got 1 sack from Seattle RE Avril.

Enjoy and tweak as you feel necessary

Upon reflection I think I am going to make a few changes to:

interceptions (moving to 35 hum/cpu)
    tackling (I may nudge it up to 52 hum/cpu) - I don't want to stifle the running game
    cpu pass block may need to be further reduced

I don't want to mess with reaction time as I fear this will mess up d and make the cpu d psychic.

I made quite a few changes tonight to my sliders. The game is playing a lot better tonight. The biggest change is I have moved to slow gameplay from very slow. It just feels a lot better IMO. I have also managed to finally get a pass rush with cpu/hum pass block moved to 25. I have also set ints. at 30 because any higher and they are just too frequent. I may actually drop ints. to 20-25 just to stop the frequency.

I am going to play around with hum/cpu fumbles and cpu run block but other than that, I am feeling pretty good about my current set.

Using my sliders above I had a very interesting game vs SF.

Final: SF 2 vs. BAL (me) 17

It was 2-0 SF at half-time before I finally got things going. Had Kaepernick not thrown so many ints. this game would have been different as Gore was chewing me up. After SF began to trail it was all passing and Kaepernick really struggled.

Game stats:

SF BAL

124 offense 163
    71 rushing 78
    53 passing 85
    9 first downs 11
    10 pr yards 13
    22 kr yards 38
    156 total yards 214
    4 turnovers 1
    8:04 possession 11:56

comparisons:

Flacco 10/15 94 yards 0 td 1 int (66%)
    Kaepernick 9/18 82 yards 0 td 4 INTS!!!

Rice 19 / 70 3.6 ypc 2 tds
    Gore 6 / 45 7.5 ypc

Highlights:
    Bal 6 sacks SF 2 sacks
    Lardarius Webb , 3 ints.

Outside of too many ints and the cpu teams not running the ball enough, I am pretty happy with my sliders at the moment. I will probably lower ints. in my next game to see if it makes an impact.

Jaymo I think you need to quit All-Pro and go to All-Madden. Cpu QB AI is shake in an EA football game at the lower levels and All-Madden is pretty balanced. Right now I'm making the sliders the same for both me and the cpu on All-Madden and getting balanced games. The only thing I'm doing is dropping QB accuracy and pass block to 15-20 and dropping INTs to 35. Everything else at 50 although I have fatigue at 60. Game played great in two games I had (still early).

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Jaymo I think you need to quit All-Pro and go to All-Madden. Cpu QB AI is shake in an EA football game at the lower levels and All-Madden is pretty balanced. Right now I'm making the sliders the same for both me and the cpu on All-Madden and getting balanced games. The only thing I'm doing is dropping QB accuracy and pass block to 15-20 and dropping INTs to 35. Everything else at 50 although I have fatigue at 60. Game played great in two games I had (still early).
    Rudy, I don't think all pro or all madden is in effect once you change sliders. It seems as though as soon as you make slider tweaks it becomes custom. The game is set to all pro but if you go all madden the hum is 25 and the cpu is 50. As soon as you adjust sliders the levels are gone.

I don't truly understand Madden's slider and difficulty combination. It's like they have a global set and the difficulties shouldn't matter but I think they still do. I hate how they have their dumb hidden rules and combinations which makes it even harder to adhere too with the removal of some sliders. What I'm using is very similar to what you have. I'd be curious if you started at All-Madden and adjusted them if it would feel different to you. My difficulty drops to Rookie once I make the slider tweaks lol.

Why it says "rookie" when you use custom is beyond me? Would "custom" not be a better choice?

I tested moving ints. to 25 but it seems to make passing easier. I am moving ints back to 30 as the zone coverage seems better that way.

Most people tend to think INTs not only affects the DBs hands but also their aggressiveness. It's probably true although I see the hands as the bigger effect.

Most people tend to think INTs not only affects the DBs hands but also their aggressiveness. It's probably true although I see the hands as the bigger effect.
    Have you tinkered with pass/run reaction times or threshold? I made the decision not to touch either of those as I find them too unpredictable.

Wow! What a game!!! I just played the best game since having the demo.

Baltimore (me) 20 - SF 17 OT

Passing:

Flacco 9/12 126 yards 1 td
    Taylor 6/12 54 yards
    Kaepernick 5/14 46 yards 1 int

Rushing:

Rice 21 / 91 4.3ypc 1 td 1 fumble
    Hunter 8 /39 4.8 ypc 1 td
    Gore 7 /57 8.1 ypc
    James 3 / 16 5.3 ypc 1 td

I was down 17-10 with 3 minutes left and Taylor drove us down the field (thanks to two roughing the passer calls) and Rice punched it in to tie the game. In OT I hit a 49 yarder to take the lead and then my D my a stand on 4th and 1 to win the game.

If I could only get the cpu qb play to improve a little re: decision making, I would be set. As it is, my sliders are pretty much set heading into season ticket.

That's funny Jaymo. I just had the exact same result in OT with me winning 20-17 only I was SF. I played on All-Madden default for offense and made some cpu slider changes.

You know what is absolutely stupid? If you change ANY of the user sliders in All-Madden, even to make them worse, the difficulty automatically shows Rookie. Jaymo, did you play on All-Pro or All-Madden? Why don't you try starting at All-Madden, make your slider changes and see if the cpu is smarter. The default difficulties do change the user sliders but they don't touch the cpu sliders. I still think the default has an impact on cpu AI, specifically QB AI. Not 100% on that but I think it might help you.

I still feel user rushing is over-powered. It wasn't as bad as last game with Baltimore which still has a good front 7. I don't see any of Baltimore's DL in my backfield. I know SF has maybe the best OL in the NFL but I think it's a little too much. It could all be fixed if the run blocking slider was better. My SF defense got 6 sacks with cpu pass block at 25. I don't think pass rush is a real problem at this point.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-18-2013 at 07:04 AM.

That's funny Jaymo. I just had the exact same result in OT with me winning 20-17 only I was SF. I played on All-Madden default for offense and made some cpu slider changes.

You know what is absolutely stupid? If you change ANY of the user sliders in All-Madden, even to make them worse, the difficulty automatically shows Rookie. Jaymo, did you play on All-Pro or All-Madden? Why don't you try starting at All-Madden, make your slider changes and see if the cpu is smarter. The default difficulties do change the user sliders but they don't touch the cpu sliders. I still think the default has an impact on cpu AI, specifically QB AI. Not 100% on that but I think it might help you.

I still feel user rushing is over-powered. It wasn't as bad as last game with Baltimore which still has a good front 7. I don't see any of Baltimore's DL in my backfield. I know SF has maybe the best OL in the NFL but I think it's a little too much. It could all be fixed if the run blocking slider was better. My SF defense got 6 sacks with cpu pass block at 25. I don't think pass rush is a real problem at this point.
    Yeah for this game I started on All Madden and then did slider tweaks. I'm not sure in all honesty is it was harder or not. Cpu rushing was strong and passing was weak, but that's pretty much what I have seen all along. Now I play a ton of man because zone is pretty junky so maybe that explains the passing results???

EA Tiburon has no clue how to do sliders right. Their current attempt at global sliders is similar to 2K which had a better approach. Where EA is stupid is that the difficulty presets only affect the user sliders. They don't change the CPU sliders for any level. How does that make any sense? Since they removed the defensive block shed and pass rush sliders, the CPU offence in terms of run blocking, QB accuracy and WR catch is the same on all levels. It's put together so poorly I have little hope for better sliders if the same people are in charge.

So what are your guys thoughts on the coverage sliders? I still think the pass reaction slider is fairly useless but I haven't played with it much.

So what are your guys thoughts on the coverage sliders? I still think the pass reaction slider is fairly useless but I haven't played with it much.
    Well 100 CPU Pass Reaction works in M12 and the lower you go the worse the pass defense becomes.

However, in M13 the CPU Pass Reaction slider was backwards in my testing. Putting the CPU at 100 made the pass defense pathetic and stayed pathetic all the way down to 20. I think the slider works fine somewhere between 12 and 20 almost too good for defensive teams like 49ers, Bears, and Ravens.

In the M25 demo putting Pass Coverage at 10, 25, 50, 75, and 100 has shown me that the higher you go the better the coverage especially zone defense. But it still isn't a very powerful slider (typical EA Tiburon). The CPU Pass Reaction slider I feel is backwards again in the M25 demo. I noticed better reaction for the CPU defense when I had it in the 10-25 range as opposed to 100. In the 100 Pass Reaction and Coverage game, I won 34-28 in OT over the 49ers (I broke the NFL record for Flacco 576 yards 35-44 passing with 5 td's).

I would love it if Jaymo and others with the Season Pass would test the CPU Pass Defense Sliders thoroughly using same two teams in Franchise.