Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teambuilder (NCAA 10) FAQ

• Facebook
  • Display

Teambuilder (NCAA 10) FAQ

Q: Does EA have an FAQ?
    A: Yes.

Q: How many Teambuilder teams can I download?
    A: From the beginning, you are limited to 12 Teambuilder team slots on your console. If you pre-ordered from Gamestop, you can get an additional 13. To use Teambuilder slots, you must either use a "Box Code", "Presale Code", or purchase the available Downloadable Content. The Box Code can be found on the back of the game manual. The Presale Code is provided by Gamestop, either in person or through e-mail. The DLC is available on PSN and Live for $10 for 120 slots. When entering a code, please make sure to enter it as typed, including dashes (-).

Q: How many can I use in Dynasty?
    A: All reports have indicated you are limited to 12 Teambuilder teams in a dynasty.

Q: How will rivals work in the game?
    A: You will inherit the rivals of the team you are replacing in Dynasty, according to posts in this thread by a member of the dev team. Apparently, a created school only gets the "primary" rival of the school you replace. So, for example, if replacing Ohio State (Rivals: Michigan, Illini, Penn State), the Teambuilder team will only have Michigan as a Rival. The "primary" rival of an existing team is the first one in the list of rivals.

Q: Can you remove this background for me?
    A: Teambuilder now includes the ability to remove a color from a logo built into the site. Try that first.

Q: Why aren't my changes saving?
    A: You've probably been logged out of Teambuilder, even though it suggests otherwise. EA has a thread with possible solutions here.

Q: Where can I contact EA regarding problems or questions with Teambuilder?
    A: There's a "Report A Bug" link in the upper left of Teambuilder. It links to this forum.

Q: Why do I see both the logo and numbers on my Teambuilder team's helmets?
    A: Thanks to GaSouthern for this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSouthern
    Teambuilder defaults to a logo on the helmet. You must first select NONE before you select numbers.

Heads up to anyone with numbers!
    Otherwise you'll have numbers laid on top of your logo.

Q: If I set a team to 'Private', can I still download it?
    A: Yes. You can see your own private teams and download them. Others will not be able to find them.

Q: Will Teambuilder teams get fresh school and win-loss records in Dynasty mode?
    A: No. According to lohusker, a Teambuilder team has clear Win-Loss records, but they are given the School Records (Passing, Rushing, etc) of the school they replace.

Q: I understand we cannot edit TB rosters on our console but what about after a season? Can we rename recruits? Surely we can redshirt and do all the normal things after a season??
    A:You can do all the normal edits to a Teambuilder team that you can to any other team in a Dynasty. You just can't do the normal Main Menu "Team Management" edits, like changing ratings, height, weight, etc.

Didn't feel this question needed its own thread but I would like to know if you have leftover Teambuilder slots from 10 if they will work on 11? I bought the 120 slots and still have 100 leftover!

Unknown at this time, though, personally, I wouldn't be shocked to see them not carry over. It would be very nice if they did, namely for the people that bought the 120 slots, but would not be the least bit surprised to see it not carry over.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I've yet to create any teams. I'd like to make some high school teams. Last year I downloaded some that others had made but it was tough to find the schools I was looking for that a) had the uniforms good and b) weren't rated stupidly good.

Is there a way to take someone else's uniforms and use your own rosters?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I've yet to create any teams. I'd like to make some high school teams. Last year I downloaded some that others had made but it was tough to find the schools I was looking for that a) had the uniforms good and b) weren't rated stupidly good.

Is there a way to take someone else's uniforms and use your own rosters?
    Yeah, I seen a workaround posted somewhere else, but I can't seem to get it to work. If I can find it, I'll repost it here for you.

Post courtesy (he probably doesn't know I grabbed it, but he gets the credit anyways) of Shane:

EA said that they looked into adding the ability to copy other teams and edit them but it just presented caused more problems or something like that. I can't quite remember their excuse, the thread is at OS.

Anyway there is a workaround so you can edit 2010 teams into teams you want to use on this years game. It is some work, but it gets the job done.

You have to go to the 2010 teambuilder site http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/n...a_school#/home and the 2011 site http://www.easports....ambuilder#/home at the same time in different tabs. Find the team you want to copy on the 2010 site, you should come to the overview/roster screen. Put this link in the adress bar http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/n...school#/roster press enter. This should take you to a screen with a black background where you can edit the team. DO NOT edit the team here, just press save team. Go to the 2011 site click my teams, and the team your trying to edit should be listed there. Click edit and do what you want with them, then save up. Once you save the team it will show up under your schools.
    Like I said, I could not get this to work. So if you happen to, let me know and I'll try it again.

Thanks HB. I'll take a look sometime and let you know.

Yeah, it works. I was screwing one of the steps up. This is pretty neat. Hopefully EA leaves this 'workaround' in.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    Yeah, it works. I was screwing one of the steps up. This is pretty neat. Hopefully EA leaves this 'workaround' in.
    I guess they took it out. It doesn't work for me.

again- How do you capture/save an image from the teambuilder page and post it here ?

From the website? If you're viewing your team's summary page (where you're viewing "My School", for example, not where you're actively editing the team), there should be a Save as Image link on there somewhere. Alternatively, you could use Print Screen.

how about from the team edit screen ?

alt or control dont seem to work? do I have certain settings blocking it ?

As far as I know, there's no Save as Image button on the Team Edit screen, but I haven't looked at Teambuilder since August or so.

There shouldn't be anything blocking Print Screen, no, it just goes to your Clipboard.

is the teambuilder site working for anyone else? i just went to the site and it says that flash is required for the site....so i downloaded the newest/most up-to-date flash player from adobe's site, went back to teambuilder, and it still says that i need to get flash for tb to work.

any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    is the teambuilder site working for anyone else? i just went to the site and it says that flash is required for the site....so i downloaded the newest/most up-to-date flash player from adobe's site, went back to teambuilder, and it still says that i need to get flash for tb to work.

any suggestions?
    Sorry, homie. It's working fine for me.

MVP, try this instead: http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home

If you go to teambuilder.easports.com, you see a message about Flash being required, but you then redirect to the other URL. It sounds like your redirect isn't working.

yeah , you pretty much have to ignore it, its been doing it for years

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    MVP, try this instead: http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home

If you go to teambuilder.easports.com, you see a message about Flash being required, but you then redirect to the other URL. It sounds like your redirect isn't working.
    i never get redirected by clicking that link.

would ie9 cause this? i know a lot of websites havent updated their programming to support it yet, so i have to run in compatability view for a lot of em. i'll just use teambuilder in firefox from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i never get redirected by clicking that link.
    Oh, now that's weird. I thought the link I was giving you was the redirected link. I guess the URL doesn't change after the redirection.

And yeah, IE9 could cause that. Very easily, if they have browser specific code. Looking at the source really quick, it doesn't look like it's browser specific, but I might be overlooking something. I don't know much about what was changed in IE9.