Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 7, 2010

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    G, it should be just as simple for me. Home tonight by 7 or 8 ET at the latest.
    Just send me a text whenever you're ready.

Looks like we cracked the top 5 and now get an undefeated A&M team..

Congrats, now stay away from my recruits. They are telling me stories about your tactics and I don't appreciate it. LOL

Duke is turrible. Backups play the whole 2nd half and benjamin plays both ways.

Flag Forgotten

Madison, Wis. -- Some have said that Ohio State had every opportunity to come away with a win in Madison. Some have suggested that the early lead the Buckeyes gave the Badgers was simply too much to overcome. Few have even gone so far to suggest that Ohio State was lucky to keep the score as close as they did.

These people are clearly Reds. Whether Communist or just traitorous fans that secretly wear Wisconsin red, it is not clear. But they do not bleed scarlet and gray.

Ohio State was robbed.

According to anonymous sources, the field judge and back judge colluded to convieniently miss the obvious pass interference late in the 4th quarter, when the Buckeyes offense had a chance to take the lead. After handing the #2 ranked Badgers a 14-0 lead early in the first quarter, the Buckeyes had clawed their way back to a 17-10 deficit at halftime.

With the score 20-17 late in the 4th quarter, the nigh-unstoppable Buckeye offense had a chance to take the lead. Facing a 4th and long, Bobby Hoying dropped back to pass. After shrugging off a feeble sack attempt, Hoying stepped foward into the pocket and let fly, aiming for a wide open Buster Tillman. Only a clear hip-check by the defensive back prevented the completion.

When the thousands of Buckeye fans in the stadium (Camp Randall was so filled with red, you'd think it was a home game in Columbus) looked for a flag, they found none. 'Impossible!,' they thought. But nay, it was true.

Since the game ended, the real story has come to light. The dilligent fact checkers discovered that the back judge's son and/or daughter's ex-boy/girlfriend's uncle's nephew's adopted brother's best friend in grade school is a current student in Madison. Even less obvious evidence of an inherent conflict of interest could not easily be overlooked in a court of law.

A letter campaign has begun, in effort to get the Big Ten to make Wisconsin forfeit the game. Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez denied comment, though this reporter would swear on oath that laughter was heard, when asked about this story.

Wisconsin 27, Ohio State 24
    It Was Over When: The Badgers recovered the Ohio State onside kick attempt with 2:10 left in the game.
    Game Ball Goes To: QB Bobby Hoying, 18-25 for 275 yards. 2 TDs passing, 1 TD running, and 2 INTs.
    Stat of the Game: 100. For the first time all season, Ohio State HB Eddie George did not break 100 yards for the game. Many in the media and in Columbus have second guessed the game plan, pointing to this statistic and Bobby Hoying's two interceptions.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-03-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Michigan unleashes a passing game that hasn't been seen all year in a 42-10 win over Iowa.

Internet dropped in early 1st quarter against A&M with the Sooners leading and driving 7-0.

Will try again tonight or tomorrow,

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    Internet dropped in early 1st quarter against A&M with the Sooners leading and driving 7-0.

Does that matter this year? In years past, so long as the internet connection was active whenever you exited the game, you wouldn't have a problem.

Holy hell, A&M has deflected 6 passes in the first quarter.. all of them on the DL or LB position.

Upset Alert!?!

Please let the upset happen so I can jump back up in the rankings hopefully.

Landry Jones starts 4-for-13 and sits at halftime going 14-for-26 for 317 yards and 3 TDs. Murray has 91 yards rushing and a TD as Oklahoma leads 28-21 at the break after trailing 14-0. Dejuan Miller has 6 receptions for 143 yards and 2 TDs with 75 YAC.

Thats nothing, wait until you see one of the regular super CPU plays from my game..Little by little things from the last two versions are creeping up.

VT still blasts Wake

#4 Oklahoma 52, #15 Texas A&M 27

No upset again, sorry.

The Sooners blew away A&M after trailing 14-0 to end quarter #1 as the team that continues to be quiet in the 1st quarter followed their season-long play and then torched A&M in the final three quarters. When Jerrod Johnson got hurt, it went downhill from there on offense for the Aggies in the second half.

Landry Jones had a career best day going 20-for-33 with 453 yards through the air for 5 TDs and no picks. Backup QB Drew Allen also threw a TD and ran for 10 yards.

DeMarco Murray had 10 carries for 107 yards and a TD.

Dejuan Miller caught 8 passes for 203 yards and 3 TDs. Ryan Broyles 3-49-TD. Brandon Caleb 2-96-2 TD.

Joseph Ibiloye had 7 tackles, 3 TFL and a PD. Jeremy Beal also had 3 TFLs.

Next week, I believe, we face #1 Texas.. maybe the game of the year as two-high scoring teams go at it. Possible chance of being #1 vs #2 (according to Media, not Coaches)?
    Last edited by Iron Dragon; 08-03-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Kingpin's the only one left.

I'm all done, I had a bye week this week.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Does that matter this year? In years past, so long as the internet connection was active whenever you exited the game, you wouldn't have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post

I think I messed up that multi-quote but I'm with Gschwendt on this one. It does work like earlier versions from what I have played around with. I disconnected (forced a sign off to the PSN network) prior to kickoff against USF last night in the SBCOL league and reconnected and the stats all updated correctly last night. So either I got really lucky or it does work like before.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I think I messed up that multi-quote but I'm with Gschwendt on this one. It does work like earlier versions from what I have played around with. I disconnected (forced a sign off to the PSN network) prior to kickoff against USF last night in the SBCOL league and reconnected and the stats all updated correctly last night. So either I got really lucky or it does work like before.
    Ahh, now I know for the future.. last year if I remember right I lost connection then played through an entire game and it didn't upload once I regained connection.

As long as you don't leave the game page and stay there till the connection comes back you should be fine. Just don't leave the game after it's finished before you reconnect.