Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 7, 2010

• Facebook
  • Display

Nice video, good game guys. I'm still not sold on the possible pass interference call at 3:26 Jeff. I think the WR tried to run through the safety, it clearly through him off balance which would have resulted in an offensive pass interference.

Good game, looks like its going to be an interesting end to Michigan's season.

I don't know Hoying's stats but that 4th and 8 in the 4th quarter I think you could have ran for the 1st.
    Last edited by Oneback; 08-05-2010 at 09:37 AM.

yea, he didnt want a piece, he wanted the WHOLE thing! lol.

Does look like there was a nice seem up the middle there on that play but G was tracking that area and appeared to be looking for the run when the pass went off.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Good game, looks like its going to be an interesting end to Michigan's season.

I don't know Hoying's stats but that 4th and 8 in the 4th quarter I think you could have ran for the 1st.
    He's pretty fast surprisingly...didn't know he could move like that

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Nice video, good game guys. I'm still not sold on the possible pass interference call at 3:26 Jeff. I think the WR tried to run through the safety, it clearly through him off balance which would have resulted in an offensive pass interference.
    I don't actually think it was PI. That article was completely facetious.

I have noticed the game calls a lot fewer PIs than it did in previous years. In the past, anytime a defender prevented the WR from running, it was PI. Not the case this year.

EDIT: 3:26 wasn't the play in question, lol. 5:20.
    Maybe, maybe. I don't want to blame rules from the past, but after playing so many seasons with scrambling being banned, I don't even think to run on pass plays. Plus, as snoop said, I wouldn't have made it with G patrolling with St. Jean.

The real bone-headed move on that play was Glenn (square) came so open it's ridiculous. And Stanley (L1, I think ... slot on left) came open on his streak. Stanley actually brings the DB with him, which leaves Glenn even more open. I missed both of those reads. I was so convinced I was about to be sacked, and then surprised when he avoided it, that I essentially panicked with the throw.
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    He's pretty fast surprisingly...didn't know he could move like that
    4.67 40. Which doesn't sound that fast, except when you consider the fastest time at the Combine last year was Jarrett Brown's 4.54. Hoying would have beat Tebow by .05 and McCoy by more than a tenth.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-05-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

G, was like the last two minutes of that an instrumental version of a Paramore song?

We've never banned scrambling, just the taking off with the QB un warranted. If you look down field and no one is open your free to run, but you have to make an effort first.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    G, was like the last two minutes of that an instrumental version of a Paramore song?
    Yeah... first one was a Prodigy song, the second was a Paramore. Although interestingly enough, my 30 day trial of Sony Vegas ran out today apparently so I can't get in there to confirm which song it was (I found several). Just FYI but I'll probably be purchasing Vegas (not Vegas Pro)... just in case anyone was worried you wouldn't see anymore videos in the future.

We've never banned scrambling, just the taking off with the QB un warranted. If you look down field and no one is open your free to run, but you have to make an effort first.
    I wasn't talking in particular about Powerhouse. It's a problem I've had, personally, for years, because of the historical AI problems with scrambling. I just don't think of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Although interestingly enough, my 30 day trial of Sony Vegas ran out today apparently so I can't get in there to confirm which song it was (I found several)
    I know which song it is ... I knew it instantly. It just threw me that it was instrumental throughout.

I think I have Vegas Pro ... can't recall. But I do love it. I think I like it more than Premiere, and I used to be a huge Premiere geek.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I think I have Vegas Pro ... can't recall. But I do love it. I think I like it more than Premiere, and I used to be a huge Premiere geek.
    I've "had" Vegas Pro in the past but I've decided as much as I've used it, it's probably worthwhile for me to actually purchase it. I found that Vegas Movie Studio HD has pretty much all of the Vegas Pro features that I would ever need (plus it has the identical interface). I'm honestly not sure what the difference between Pro & Studio HD are other than maybe some Pro features or something. I love Vegas though because it handles M2TS natively meaning I don't have to re-encode my videos before I edit them.